Wet n Wild GC - New Attraction?

themagician

2 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

The best additions at WnW in my opinion were Whitewater Mountain and Calypso Beach. It was the first time they brought strong thematic elements and a real sense of international standard excitement to the park. It has been disappointing that since then they went back to generic additions with no theming and a distinct lack of imagination 

At this point im just excited they are finally getting new slides.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, New display name said:

@Gazza If they are the best examples you can find, I rest my case.😂

IDK, I mean Jamberoo is not Disney Typhoon Lagoon, but it's nice and lush and no slide towers that look like oil refineries.

Also @DaptoFunlandGuy are those South Park characters in the school bus 😂😂???

Edited by Gazza

Im not too fussed, I mean realistically the model of water parks and what people will pay doesn't permit heavy themes in the same manner you can for a theme park except in certain markets

(You can make people pay $100 for a highly themed theme park, but you cant for a highly themed water park in most other markets)

So usually some nice landscaping and a couple of token bits of theming is what you get.

I guess for guests, thats their main expectation, and nobody is asking for elaborate storylines.

IMO if its lots of palm trees and shade, happy days.

In terms of heavy theming, Disney do it fully

Disney World's Blizzard Beach Has Finally Reopened - Here's What to Expect  | Travel + Leisure

Volcano bay sorta does, it:

Important Universal Studios Volcano Bay Tips - Adventure Family Travel -  Wandering Wagars

Atlantis did it, but then didnt on the newest stage

Aquaventure High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Atlantis rises: Aquaventure water park in Dubai launches a world-class  expansion | Company Releases – Gulf News

26 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I mean realistically the model of water parks and what people will pay doesn't permit heavy themes in the same manner you can for a theme park except in certain markets(You can make people pay $100 for a highly themed theme park, but you cant for a highly themed water park in most other markets)

I do agree there is a juggling act, so I know it's not realistic to ask for a heavily themed attraction but a bit more than what Jamberoo do wouldn’t break the bank.

Blue Lagoon only worked because it was themed.  The slides were garbage.

Love the description of the oil refinery towers! That's exactly what it looks like. As I mentioned previously, Wet'n'Wild was doing some cool stuff in terms of theming and presentation with White Water Mountain and Calypso Beach, but that period unfortunately came to an end, I'm guessing with new management. 

I like the transparent slide pieces on Kaboom!, but I notice the colour doesn't match the logo or concept(?) at all.

• 2 weeks later...