Wet n Wild GC - New Attraction?

themagician

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Why would they publicly come out and make that a focal point of their marketing if it isn’t true?? 

"The most advanced roller coaster in the world. The biggest, the fastest, the greatest thrill ride ever built."

I get that it's marketing mumbo-jumbo but its not exactly their first rodeo when it comes to these sort of announcements. I imagine it's something that if you know it's wrong then it mildly annoys you, but if you don't then you find it very impressive. Considering that the people who know are a very small percentage, it sort of weighs in an operators favour to stretch the truth.

52 minutes ago, StingRay said:

It's nice to see this investment. New slides on the Australian scene will be a nice little touch.

It does get me excited about Wet'n'Wild again! Whilst I've visited the GC a lot in the past few years, I always miss WNW because its personally a hassle. I remember having fantastic days there, but if I need my water park fix I usually just tack it onto a Dreamworld day and head over to WWW for a few hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

THEME park giant Village Roadshow will build Australia’s tallest water slide on the Gold Coast in a multimillion-dollar revamp of its facilities.

The 130-metre long slide, already under construction at Wet’n’Wild, is one of three attractions being unveiled on Friday to launch celebrations for sister park Warner Bros Movie World’s 30th birthday.

In a major boost to the city’s struggling tourism industry, the new mega slide structure is being targeted for a pre-Christmas opening in time for the school holidays.

REVEALED: FATES OF BELOVED GOLD COAST THEME PARK RIDES

Australia’s tallest water slide is coming. Australia’s tallest water slide is coming.

FLASHBACK: THE 10 THEME PARK RIDES WE MISS THE MOST

New Village attractions include:

* A new water slides complex with several standouts led by the Kaboom raft ride starting from 23 metres up, making it Australia’s tallest. It boasts a “master blaster” start – with water jet propulsion – sending riders down a 10m drop and into a tailspin featuring multiple corkscrews;

* A Super Ripper which is two new body slides dubbed “not for the faint-hearted from 12 metres up, and what’s described as a “heart pounding” Double Barrel option;

* H2Oasis, an 872 sqm family-friendly water park as part of the slide complex;

FROM OUR PARTNERS offnet.svg

Watch every episode of The Walking Dead on BINGE Get BINGE Basic from only $10/mth

* A meerkats family to go on permanent display at Country Paradise in June for the winter school holidays;

* A celebration of Movie World’s 30th, dubbed Hooray for Hollywood, with displays of props from classic films plus the theme park’s largest-ever parade each afternoon of the June-July school holidays.

FULL STORY: WET’N’WILD’S FASCINATING HISTORY

It will be 130m long and 23m high. It will be 130m long and 23m high.

NED-2822-GCB-APP - 0

While reluctant to disclose the exact value of the investment, Village Roadshow Theme Parks chief operating officer Bikash Randhawa said new attractions were critical to the city’s success short and long-term.

“The sector was heavily impacted by COVID-19 so what we are trying to do is drive visitation back to the Gold Coast,” he said.

“This is a huge investment and we are confident this is the right step for driving tourism and bringing people back here to support the economy.

GOLD COAST’S BEST THEME PARK RIDES

1b295e9ad9c10098e29c509844f8920d?width=1024
corkscrew rollercoaster at Sea world, Qld. may 1996 tourism theme parks travel gold coast rides riders
1 of 24
aeea821790e9aee9125e741001b28093?width=1024
Thunderbolt rollercoaster ride at Dreamworld amusement park on the Gold Coast, Qld. /Queensland /Amusement/parks
2 of 24
4ae28d9022728ccd22eb971b7b32d8cc?width=1024
opening of the Thunderbolt Roller Coaster at Dreamworld 1982
3 of 24

Dreamworld Thunderbolt rollercoaster 22 jan 1996
4 of 24

index&td_clientDebug=false&td_device=desktop&td_embed=true
Bikash Randhawa. Picture: Jerad Williams Bikash Randhawa. Picture: Jerad Williams

FULL DIGITAL ACCESS: JUST $1 FOR FIRST 12 WEEKS

“New rides and attractions incentivise the local market but we are also investing in products which will bring more tourists and there is a flow on impact because it fills up hotels and gets people into restaurants and other small businesses.”

Village’s new attractions are part of a dramatic recent uptick in theme park activity to lure visitors back to the city.

NED-3269 Gold Coast Download Newsletter Banner - 0

It will have a family-friendly water park area.

In December 2020 it launched the first stage of the $50 million New Atlantis precinct at Sea World with the Vortex, a Wipeout-like ride. The Leviathan wooden roller coaster and Trident ride which spins people around 42 metres off the ground are still under construction and expected to open in late 2021.

Village Roadshow has also lodged trademark documents for a hotel it plans to build at Movie World on land occupied by its northern carpark.

Ardent Leisure is ramping up its own new attractions, unveiling plans for a $75 million hotel at Dreamworld. Dreamworld Resort will include a four-star 250 room resort-style hotel, 40 bungalows and a five-star tourist park.

Construction continues on its new Steel Taipan inverted loop rollercoaster.

"featuring multiple corkscrews" World's first water slide with a corkscrew can't wait! 😂

29 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

Hopefully they invest in some lifts for the slide tubes to be carried up..

Shall not be happening.

Wet N Wild prefers an enjoyable day at the park to be akin to a workout at the gym with steps and lots of carrying...

There is nothing to indicate lifts in the artwork or animations provided.

39 minutes ago, ThemeParks4Life said:

Pity there isn't a much easier way to get guests up that high but guess it all comes down to costs. 

You can't expect them to install lifts. Sure like one water slide maybe in Russia has a lift but that's about all I know. 

When you go to a water Park remember these three important pointers 

• Be confident in the water 

• It's leg day 

• Cardio session!

It sucks sure, but unless you want no stairs and massive hills to climb like Jamberoo I know what option I would prefer. 

Stairs, you get that height meaning you get speed.

I am speed. 

• Like 1

Here's my two cents:

Kaboom! / Master Blaster Raft Slides - F*ck yeah. Exactly what they needed to get and sweet name. High capacity, different from the rest of the line-up and something that one-ups HydroCoaster at WWW which has been their signature slide since the park opened. No conveyor belt to carry rafts up to the top of the country's tallest waterslide (23m) is taking the piss a bit. The next tallest would be Mammoth Falls (17m) and Green Rome at WWW (20m) and both have conveyor belts for rafts. Smart to have mirrored slides ala Mammoth Falls for peak season trade.

Super Ripper - Uhhhh, did they forget there's three slides with the word "Rip" in them over at WWW? Interesting naming aside, this looks like good filler. More body slides are always a win.

Double Barrel - This looks like bad filler. It's not better than what was there before (these are tiny) and by making people use rafts leads me to believe they were freaked out by the mess over at WWW with the Fully6 "freefall" style slides and nerfed these slides completely. These look so pointless that more body slides would've been better.

H2Oasis / Everything Else - Wet 'n' Wild is a big park, so having more areas where families can set up shop for the day and keep the young ones entertained without having to trek halfway across the park is such a good call.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

The discussion about lifts was for the rafts, not the people...

Ah right, I should learn to read while making sure small person gets to educational prison. 

If it's double rafts then no need. 

If it's not I'm sure people know how to carry heavy rafts up. Tornado helps you build big muscles ;) 

Just now, Jdude95 said:

Look, I didn't wanna be the first to say it but if the rafts can get a conveyor to the top then should be able to as well! 

Conveyor belts and people have never gone wrong... right? 

Pretty sure everyone jealously looks at the rafts in that little river when going over the bridge to mammoth... right? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what thread to put this in. Apparently Surfrider is being retracked and new parts have now arrived on site.

I don't remember hearing anything about this?

Photo courtesy of Gold Coast Theme Parks.

Edit: Found the other thread 😅 Mods feel free to delete....

FB_IMG_1624177986430.jpg

Edited by CR4ZE
  • Like 1