Wet n Wild GC - New Attraction?

themagician

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My biggest concern was that Kaboom was going to be too short. I would have preferred them to save some money by ditching some of the other basic slides on the tower and reinvesting that into Kaboom by giving it at least one more uphill section each. But looking at these pics it looks like there might be enough twists and turns to give the ride a bit more length and interest than I was expecting. Should be fun. Just think they need to reassess the name and logo now that the master blaster slides are a different colour from the original proposal.

PS Love the transparent slide sections!

Edited by GoGoBoy

• 2 weeks later...

A GCB article today on developments on the northern GC included this, and it’s not the first time they’ve mentioned it:

“Wet’n’Wild is to build the world’s longest water slide (130m).”

130m would certainly not be the longest water slide in the world, not by a long shot 

Any idea why they keep peddling this info out?

8 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

A GCB article today on developments on the northern GC included this, and it’s not the first time they’ve mentioned it:

“Wet’n’Wild is to build the world’s longest water slide (130m).”

130m would certainly not be the longest water slide in the world, not by a long shot 

Any idea why they keep peddling this info out?

The slides they're building aren't even long. That's one of my biggest disappointments with them 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But the worlds longest is 1,111m long!

I've seen that before. What a horrible bloody slide though. Absolutely boring. 

This is a place so preoccupied with whether or not they could they didn't stop to consider whether they should.

And they shouldn't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

The slides they're building aren't even long. That's one of my biggest disappointments with them 

The only one I’m looking forward to is Kaboom. The other too are just a faster River Rapids and a new Speed Coaster (without the uphill). It’s great they’ve added new attractions like these to fill the void, but I wish they were taller/longer 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 12:16 PM, themagician said:

. The other too are just a faster River Rapids

Controversial take. The body slides at WnW are some of my favourites but the line is always too long. I look forward to having Super Ripper.

Yeah i was wondering why there was a such a big crane this morning. Just hope it is open before my pass expires December 23.

Edited by Gazza

12 minutes ago, themagician said:

There is a large crane at the back of the park which I believe is lifting the shade structures into place 

*eyes doubtfully*

Which of your sources gave you this information?

*questions suspiciously*

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy