Fright Nights 2021

Meep Meep

Until 3 days ago there has been no social distancing in QLD for months, as long as the 1 person per 2sqm is observed, which is simple to do in a big maze. 

It will largely depend how this current lockdown goes, if it finishes tomorrow or drags on. 

I know It’s a roughly 6 month process with maze builds, logistics etc so I decision would need to be made soon on whether they move forward or scrap it 

22 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

I expect it to happen especially when earliest government is considering opening borders in October when they expect 40-60% of Australian vaccinated. But that depends on states getting a move on.

There is ZERO chance borders are open in October, or at all this year except to maybe NZ.

the govt also said they’d have 4million people vaccinated by the end of March, and they missed that goal by 3.4million people. 

3 hours ago, themagician said:

I’d say masks will be required (maybe not for the whole event), but definitely in mazes. And they make only make your party go through the maze rather than grouping you with others 

Impossible to tell really. 

The last 6 days have been the first time masks have been mandated in QLD since the pandemic started (outside of hospitals and aged care). 

Providing the next 2 weeks rides out without any unlinked cases, masks will be gone again by mid April. 

4 hours ago, themagician said:

I’d say masks will be required (maybe not for the whole event), but definitely in mazes. And they make only make your party go through the maze rather than grouping you with others 

Doesn’t Movie World have a strict policy regarding masks at Fright Nights? 

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Impossible to tell really. 

The last 6 days have been the first time masks have been mandated in QLD since the pandemic started (outside of hospitals and aged care). 

Providing the next 2 weeks rides out without any unlinked cases, masks will be gone again by mid April. 

We had a mask mandate back in January. 

But agree, hard to tell what October will bring. 

I'll say yes it will go ahead but I expect less numbers allowed equating to higher ticket prices for entry, I hope they do fright nights and spooky nights but staffing wise I'm not sure they can pull that one off logistically, we may see different maze set out, maybe clear screens in use, lots of performers banging on clear screens and screaming at you, animatronics possibly but that means budget where there is none. 

We should hope that by October we don't have knee jerk reactions every time someone tests positive anywhere. there wise we may not but asking if think fright nights is on we might be asking will anyone reopen our theme parks again 

On 03/04/2021 at 3:30 PM, FoolishMortal999 said:

From my understanding, we’re not supposed to get the second dose of the vaccine until mid to late October.

Depends on the phase you're in. Second dose is supposed to be 12 weeks after the first dose. Phase 1b (current phase) is open to frontline healthcare and emergency response workers, those with disabilities, and really fat people. That'd put their second dose in July.

On 03/04/2021 at 7:19 PM, Brad2912 said:

Masks were mandated in the 8 January lockdown for Greater Brisbane. I haven't kept track of the whole state, but we've definitely had localised mask wearing rules in the south east on more than one occasion.

On 03/04/2021 at 10:15 PM, Brad2912 said:

Not QLD wide, that was only in Brisbane so didn’t effect the Gold Coast or theme parks 

To be fair, you said 'in qld' not 'qld wide'. Fact is with the amount of folk who commute between 'greater brisbane' and the GC (and vice versa) the GC should have been included in the brisbane lockdowns we've had and mask wearing should have been required - especially at the parks. My guess is in a competition between tourism and health priority, tourism won out. I prefer the more cautious approach, but so far it hasn't hurt the gold coast and I pray it doesn't as the GC tourism industry really can't afford another big hit.

10 hours ago, colonelbmx said:

I'll say yes it will go ahead but I expect less numbers allowed equating to higher ticket prices for entry

That'll be interesting considering the many passholders that have fright nights included in their passes.

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

To be fair, you said 'in qld' not 'qld wide'. Fact is with the amount of folk who commute between 'greater brisbane' and the GC (and vice versa) the GC should have been included in the brisbane lockdowns we've had and mask wearing should have been required - especially at the parks.

Yep, I wrongly stated QLD when I meant GC, my bad.

last week was the first week I have worn a mask since covid became a word we all know. 

as for masks in parks - I can only applaud how Movieworld handled this over the weekend, where as it was a firm Fail for dreamworld 

• Gazza changed the title to FRIGHTS NIGHT 2021
11 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

That'll be interesting considering the many passholders that have fright nights included in their passes.

Ive missed out previous years on carnival and fright night tickets because I left it to late, its included yes but if it sells out they sell out its not a guarantee that you get a ticket. I tried this the first year I missed out and called up to say I have a One pass its included but its sold out how do I get my ticket, to be told once they are all gone that's it no more no money back.

• Gazza changed the title to Fright Nights 2021

Why is that funny?

Spoiler

(Admittedly, I found the original change funny, but in the modern snowflake world, we aren't allowed to find anything funny lest someone else take offence, so on that basis - Bad Gazza! Naughty Gazza! How dare you have some light hearted humor on an internet forum!)