Wonderland TR 8/3/03

Flea

I got up at 7:45am, and started to get ready for what should be a great day at WLS! My friend and I organised to meet just outside of the entrance of WLS, and we did so at 9:50am. So we got there at 9:50am, arriving at exactly the same. We brought our tickets, and headed for the turnstiles when to our shock.. we found the turnstile gates were closed, at 9:55am.. "Their probally scared that we will get a extra ride for the day or something" I said to my friend. He chuckled. Characters were tormenting us inside of wonderland performing their 'amazing tricks and stunts'. (i.e jumping onto a brick wall 30cm high) Spiderman was there (aka man in tights) so as Stuart Little and Blinky Bill. After their 'amazing tricks and stunts' one of the staff members opened the gates at 10:05am. We scanned our tickets, and headed for... Space Probe: Why not go on this ride if there is only 100 people roaming the park for the first 20 mins? So we got on this ride, a complete walkon, I asked the op if I could take my vid camera on SP, he obviously said no.. And so we went up and down getting that nice 3 seconds of freefalling, the tv's at the top are a real nice touch to the ride. '5 4 3 2 1 0' the tv's turned off, and about 3 seconds later, we dropped. :) After the ride I looked on the side of the cars and found the almighty Intamin Badge :) Unfortunately, I forgot to video the Intamin Badge :(Rating: 9/10. Any work of Intamin is a masterpiece, and the theming to SP really gave it high marks. This ride is a definate re ride. My friend needed a 'breather' before we went on Demon, so I used the 5 minutes to get some awesome video of Demon and SP. After that 5 minute break, we headed for the demon to find our good friend as usual, Kevin! He was on the train about to go, and he was repeadily saying that BR is nothing and SP and Demon are way better. I somewhat agree with him :) After a 1 train wait, we got on the front, once again unsucessful of taking the video camera on. The Demon: Quite a nice Vekoma Boomerang, it's quite smooth for it's age (and maker) and packs a punch. The on ride photos are situated at the end of the station, so it always gets a great photo of the scared rider :P Not much more to say about this coaster, other than it has a great paintjob on the trains. Rating: 7/10. Although that it is smooth for it's age and it's maker, it is a bit rough through the boomerang. After this, we were heading for my friends favourite ride, BR. Bounty's Revenge: This ride is overated, it isn't that much fun and the restraints are the worst ever. You are forced to hold your harness (which is quite heavy) about 3 inches off your chest throughout the whole ride or else the harness will lock right on your chest, which will give a very harsh squashing feeling. The lap bars are also very umcomfortable, especially when they have to put extreme pressure, on your legs when they start up and finish the ride. Rating: 5/10. This could be re rided over and over if it had comfortable restraits. Not much more to say, other than that it's a pretty bad ride. After our chests being squashed, and our laps getting penetrated, we headed for TBB. To our suprise, we found no one at the operating box when we arrived, so we got the impression that no one had tested the ride for the day. Anyway, we hopped on the ride to find to our suprise.. The Bush Beast: An American coaster enthusiast! He told us that he loved coasters, and he loves to ride them all the time. He was a very nice person. Anyway, we were dispatched out of the station, and went through the u turn, we were about to hit the chain lift, when I noticed that it was not turned on. When we were a 1 metre away from the chain lift, the op finally realised and turned it on. The drop on TBB is pretty good at the front, but extremely rough at the back. We both held up our hands and went down the drop. The first turn around is extremely slow and boring, and to make it worse, they stop the train when it's about to go down a pretty small dip.. so I had kiss my hopes of airtime away, and prepare for some non stop rough madness. The rest of the layout is not bad, but if there wasn't a brake that would completely stop you at the top of the 2nd hill, then this ride would be O.K. Rating: 6/10. This ride is still good for re rides, but not if you are hurt in any way. After this we decided to go on some flats.. we went on The Tasmanian Devil and H.M.S Endeavour. Not much to say about those, other than they are quite fun. We hit the food area in Gold Rush and got something to eat. After that we did a re ride of BR, SP and TD. Then we headed to Snowy River Rampage... Snowy River Rampage: We only waited 20 mins for this extremely fun, popular ride! Now, yesterday was very hot, so they had the water fountains set to absolutely drench the riders. We got on, and after 30 seconds into the ride, we were drenched by 4 water fountain, 1 after another. I was quite sick at the time (runny nose, sneezing) and to make it worse, I swallowed abit of the creek water.. yuck! The ride continued to deliver more thrills and spills throughout the ride. Unfortunately, my hair seemed to be wrecked, but the water actually made my hair much harder :)Rating: 9/10. This ride is undoubtedly the funnest and best ride in the park, especially if it's scorching hot! After this we did more re runs of rides and then watched... Spellbinding Sorcery: Formerly Millennium Magic. This show is one of the best magic shows I have ever seen, and the end act is quite amazing. The music gets you pumped up, the lighting effects give a great atmosphere to the show, and most importantly, the magic is amazing. After seeing this show about 40 times, they always seem to come up with new acts every time I watch this show. The Feline Fantasy act however, needs more to be involed with the Tiger. But still, that trick is amazing. Rating: 9/10. Nice show! And so we did more re rides of SP, TD etc. and we left at 6pm. When I got home, I started to feel an excrutiating pain in my throat, and the blame was pointing to accidently swallowing the water on SRR. I still am sick right now (it is now 10:39am, 9th march, 2003) and probally wont be able to go to school tommorow.. Overall Park Rating: 7/10. Some rides need some improvements to them. Other than that, the park is nice. However yesterday, attendance was quite low until it hit 5pm. (obviously :)) Video of rides will be coming soon, I hope to edit this video and put it together. But please, don't mind 12 year old sqeaky voice on the video :) (I'm 12 :P) Note: I was talking to a game operator, and she said that wonderland is getting new rides. I said "isn't that just relocating from Little Wonders Land?" she said, "yes, a few rides will be, but we might be getting some new flat rides!" Exciting? Yes! Only time will tell I guess. Anyway, I've spent the last 30 misn typing this, and I'm feeling quite sick, so I better go lie down. Thanks for reading! :)

Great trip report Sorry i couldnt meet u there i had other things. I might quickly do a score of all the major rides. Space Probe- 8/10 The Demon- 9/10 Bush Beast- 7/10 Zodiac- 6/10 SRR- 9/10 Overall- The park is great. Very nice looking good rides and good shows.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Hmmmm,I guess you and me are the only 12 year olds,Liam.Well,I must say,it's a lucky thing that the sharp-witted,well trained and observant Wonderland operaters managed to spot that the chain on BB wasn't on :P
Omg!...There are 12 year olds here???...I thought I ws the only 12 year old who love amusement parks! WOOHOO! :):D:)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really doubt you would be that stupid. And imagine how dangerous that would be if you dropped your "reaching stick" it would be travelling at 120km/hr it would do some damage if it hit someone or even injure yourself doing it. And how would you retrieve these items when you got them. The phone would most likely brake on impact on hitting the camera cases at the base of the tower, or take out a guest walking out the exit gate.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gti_au
None of these posts deserve the time of day. PattieBoi, you're a clown.  You'd have got them with your nose Pinocchio! Steal by finding.... that's a great charge...
Look out king geek has abused another member. Get a life dick

my oh my what a wonderful day. sounds great. i love wonderland. i love it and im going to camp there one night.
I hope the rats have you for dinner. I hear they are really mean now because they cant eat out of the bins at night,they will rip you to shreds, thats if the nice doggies dont do it first while your sleeping.

Yes but im sure those people didnt advitise what they were doing, before they did it did they! And believe me i worked at wonderland until september last year, and we arrested heaps of people who where in the park at 11pm at night. So they do get cought the majority of the time.

Yes but im sure those people didnt advitise what they were doing, before they did it did they! And believe me i worked at wonderland until september last year, and we arrested heaps of people who where in the park at 11pm at night. So they do get cought the majority of the time.
Sorry to bust your chops there Koolkid, but I believe that most of them were able to escape the charges because you spelt their names wrong. :D