Dreamworld General Park Update - April 2021

themagician

59 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

Well that will be sad to see an open day attraction demolished. really does leave a hole for a ride the whole family can enjoy only other ride like that is sky voyager.

Well I mean it's been closed for a while now. No point letting it rot away for longer. It's sitting on prime land that could be utilised so much better than it currently is. 

Sure for nostalgia purposes, it's sad to see it go. But it's got to. Unless you want a permanent memorial like SW has done with Vikings Revenge. 

On 13/05/2021 at 10:22 PM, Smol bean said:

You are right but most families visiting are gp and probably wouldn’t know about the ride unless they went to the very back corner. it shows most of the time I go there the queue is usually only 15mins max.

Everyone visiting (yourself included) are "GP" - but you're right, it is shoved into the back of the park and is easy to miss. It doesn't help that its a low thrill, low excitement, once and done ride that is mainly just an opportunity for the kids to "drive" a car. 

It's the RCT equivalent of a slide. 

3 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

It would nearly be impossible for the park to have certain music for each individual ride without a major $$$ overhaul. The parks sound system is split into 4 areas. Ocean Parade, Wiggles World, Main Street, Gold Rush Country. Download CrowdDJ and queue your own music if you wish.

There are way, way more zones in the park then that. Rides like Sky Voyager have their own zone.

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

Yes individual rides like sky voyager, pandamonium, skadoosh. technically yes but they have there own sound system with a repeating playlist. it is no connected to the nightlife system

Tower of Terror once had a zone outside. Sky Voyager also had a zone at one point but was phased out when I redid all of the content. From memory Corroboree has three. ICP also has its own AV. Point is, putting in additional zones is pretty cheap compared to most AV costs, the real question is why.

• Like 1

@Slick I now how much passion you’ve had for the park, especially it’s golden year and all the history the park has. During your time there and with the opportunities you had, did you get the chance to discuss the possibilities of reducing the classic Dreamworld? When you were redoing the content, did you explore the older stuff and try bring it back where possible? Or were the park wanting to still move away from that 

14 hours ago, themagician said:

@Slick I now how much passion you’ve had for the park, especially it’s golden year and all the history the park has. During your time there and with the opportunities you had, did you get the chance to discuss the possibilities of reducing the classic Dreamworld? When you were redoing the content, did you explore the older stuff and try bring it back where possible? Or were the park wanting to still move away from that 

I produced this clip back in 2019:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=551686829004471&_rdr 

Originally the clip was going to have a lot of cool callbacks to past vision of the park I sourced and link it back to a present day celebration of sorts. What I had learnt in the edit was that it really quickly turned into a just a video showing off how much stuff used to be there at the park and how much wasn't there anymore. Anticipating what the comment section would likely look like (not to mention the posts on here) ultimately meant the edit was abandoned and I ended up going with a purely present-day focussed clip.

I'll say this to the fine folks who want to buy rusted up koalas or want to build shrines in parks about yesteryear - they only work if you're coming from a place of high. That is to say, history is great if the messaging is "look at how much we've grown and how good things are now and look at our humble beginnings you remember" not "remember all the rides we closed that aren't replaced yet? Here, sit in a carriage and pretend you were having that experience instead."

Here's hoping Dreamworld can become the former and not stay stuck in the latter for too much longer.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 5