Movieworld 30 Year Anniversary Celebration Predictions

Vidgamer

I'd love to see a return of some older characters from the parks history like Gizmo and some of the lesser used Looney Tunes like they did with older Batman characters for DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains.

Maybe some temporary information plaques about former attractions outside their old entrances making up some sort of in park historical walking trail type thing? As much as I'd get a kick out of the idea it might just end up bringing awareness to the lack of magic the park currently has.

6 minutes ago, Hypermarket Hero said:

Maybe some temporary information plaques about former attractions outside their old entrances making up some sort of in park historical walking trail type thing? As much as I'd get a kick out of the idea it might just end up bringing awareness to the lack of magic the park currently has.

I was about to reply to this to explain why that might be best avoided, and then you nailed it yourself.

Scooby is great, but the Gremlins adventure was a real 'movie magic' experience.

Superman is awesome, but it took away the last bastion of 'movie making' in the park.

Heck, young einstein gravity homestead shit all over dodgem cars.

There aren't many examples today though of a replacement being better than what it replaced, and sadly, reminding everyone of such a classic as say - police academy - and then showing them what they replaced it with... sadly thats not the image you want to give to guests.

• Like 4

On 26/04/2021 at 10:12 PM, Joshaaye said:

Just had a thought. Since Studio Showcase just finished. Do you think they'll do a "celebrating 30 years" temporary display in the same location? 

I think it's highly likely they still have A LOT of their old props, backdrops and in particular many of the old cars etc. used. Do you think we might see a throwback featuring things like:

- Old parade floats (in partiuclar the daffy duck & Sylvester cars)

- Old costumes (Character ones & things like Police academy ones)

- Photos & videos of old rides & attractions

- Old set pieces (facades from old shows & rides)

I know I personally would love to see the cobs blown off a lot of the props & vehicles etc. which I'm sure Movie World probably still have a decent amount of, and what better way to give a brief non permanent nod to their past, and potentially a section about the future of Movie World?

Or maybe they can remove stunt driver and bring back police academy forever.. If you haven't noticed.. I really miss the police academy show 🤣

This idea is awesome! Unfortunately, the Police Academy costumes are gone. However, if I recall Movie World might still have Lassard’s golf buggy.

Several items were sold at an silent auction Movie World held in 2014.  Props and vehicles such the 20th birthday cake, the Police Academy cop car, a turtle from LTRR, life preserver rings from LTRR, An alien from the Bermuda Triangle, The Penguins train etc.

I think the Daffy car is still around but I highly doubt Mr Freeze’s truck, the Daily Planet parade float and Spooky Island parade float are sitting BOH. I have heard that some older characters are making an appearance. 

D19D53A3-5122-4FFC-8554-6579B37B4EF6.jpeg

A427B5F9-EF0E-40B2-BB98-A9F3D5C9547B.jpeg

D1BDF22C-2AD0-489C-A99D-D653BE397738.jpeg

Edited by SnowyRiverSam
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, SnowyRiverSam said:

D1BDF22C-2AD0-489C-A99D-D653BE397738.jpeg

Haha - as soon as I saw this post I wondered if i'd be able to see it.

At the very back right corner you can just make out the multi-layered tiers of the old christmas tree that used to sit on top of the arch at christmas time. I bought the whole thing for $50.

• Like 1

Do they still the PA cop car/s? I'm no backstage MW expert but I remember being in the queue for the Doll Hous a few years back during Fright Nights and it was sitting there on the otherside of the fence. 

It wasn't the one parked in Arkham etiher, because that was still sitting in it's usual area. Not sure if it was meant to be used or not.

Edited by sansborgor

3 hours ago, sansborgor said:

Do they still the PA cop car/s? I'm no backstage MW expert but I remember being in the queue for the Doll Hous a few years back during Fright Nights and it was sitting there on the otherside of the fence. 

It wasn't the one parked in Arkham etiher, because that was still sitting in it's usual area. Not sure if it was meant to be used or not.

No, that’s the cop car from the Wolf Creek 2 maze. 

49 minutes ago, SnowyRiverSam said:

No, that’s the cop car from the Wolf Creek 2 maze. 

Im pretty sure I've seen one of those ford crown victorias (the boxy police academy shaped cars) at fright nights with gotham police department on the doors instead. The wolf creek 2 car is a holden commodore. 

41 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Im pretty sure I've seen one of those ford crown victorias (the boxy police academy shaped cars) at fright nights with gotham police department on the doors instead. The wolf creek 2 car is a holden commodore. 

There is a former PA car that is parked next to the Roxy during DC Superheroes and Supervillains/ Fright Nights. It now has GCPD decals. It’s a Chevrolet Caprice, not a Ford Crown Victoria.

Regarding the cop car next to Doll Haus, it’s the cop car from the Wolf Creek 2 maze.

Edited by SnowyRiverSam
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SnowyRiverSam said:

It looks like Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote  will be making an appearance at the 30th anniversary (source: instagram) 

398259F6-7E8B-4028-9C56-A6FC0826E63D.jpeg

5C956F05-07D9-4A99-B89C-8C529BBD012C.jpeg

Please actually give credit where it’s due and sight the actual instagram account. 
Whoops CITE, rather 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by rappa
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, joz said:

I suppose with Hereos and Villans being moved to Summer there's a vacant spot in the calander for an event this year

Heroes and Villains was moved to December last year due to Covid. If Heroes and Villains is to be moved to summer this year, it would be because the 30th anniversary event this June. 

Edited by SnowyRiverSam