Movieworld 30 Year Anniversary Celebration Predictions

Vidgamer

23 minutes ago, SnowyRiverSam said:

Heroes and Villains was moved to December last year due to Covid. 

That makes no sense. It's not like they under some contractual obligation to do a Heros and Villans extended trade event. Surely it makes more sense that they moved it to Summer because they wanted a summer event and hadn't done that one for a while.

1 hour ago, joz said:

That makes no sense. It's not like they under some contractual obligation to do a Heros and Villans extended trade event. Surely it makes more sense that they moved it to Summer because they wanted a summer event and hadn't done that one for a while.

Just telling you what I was told. Make of it what you will. 

Edited by SnowyRiverSam

47 minutes ago, joz said:

@Brad2912this post triggers me a lot. The only rebranding needed at Sea World Resort is to drop the '& Water Park'

Quoted for truth. I still hear people call it "Sea World Nara Resort" - I can't imagine how much of a dumb branding move it'll be if they try and force people to say something like "V Hotels - Sea World" and "V Hotels - Movie World" ...because you just know people will keep calling it Sea World Resort anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Slick said:

Quoted for truth. I still hear people call it "Sea World Nara Resort" - I can't imagine how much of a dumb branding move it'll be if they try and force people to say something like "V Hotels - Sea World" and "V Hotels - Movie World" ...because you just know people will keep calling it Sea World Resort anyway.

Better than "The Bat & Dolphin"

• Like 1

Hotel V just makes me think of chintzy chain hotels that have taken over operation of previously 'premium' resorts - like how a Marriott or Hilton becomes a Mantra or Vibe. They overlay the hotel with cheap "cool" touches like adding cool millennial slogans to the toiletries, but the furniture is cheap, the cleaning is sub-par, and you realise when you check out that you really do get what you pay for.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Hotel V just makes me think of chintzy chain hotels that have taken over operation of previously 'premium' resorts - like how a Marriott or Hilton becomes a Mantra or Vibe. They overlay the hotel with cheap "cool" touches like adding cool millennial slogans to the toiletries, but the furniture is cheap, the cleaning is sub-par, and you realise when you check out that you really do get what you pay for.

There is a hell of a lot of corner cutting on interiors and furnishings, menu offerings, service standards, etc masquerading as ‘modern, chic and cool’ these days and I’m not about it at all. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/COznABdA_ez/?igshid=qbia4uobsswt

Movieworld just posted a tease on their Instagram for the announcement. It is set for 8:00am tomorrow. Included is what seems to be the 30th anniversary logo which looks fantastic.

Just thought I’d add the logo in case anyone couldn’t access the link.6C624B49-CF54-4112-A2DC-1D08A74373B8.thumb.jpeg.194c547344a9f4dd54764734e82a137a.jpeg

Sorry for the pile up. Just checked and Wet’n’Wild also posted a tease about  tomorrows announcement. https://www.instagram.com/p/COznY11rwJo/?igshid=1dlij3tgt11pe.
5FB3B7F8-1E43-4AF0-9646-2EF1C777A1C8.thumb.jpeg.49555097af6ba054c25e11ef59bea951.jpeg

It seems to be the shadow/reflection of a new slide tower on the surface of the water. It’s definitely very intriguing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimmyG said:

What if it’s something as underwhelming as a new parade for Movie World? Will people be excited still?

It's not simply a new parade, it's an event with returning characters, new shows and yes finishing each day with a large parade.

I think you underestimate the nostalgic appeal of some of their old characters.