Movieworld 30 Year Anniversary Celebration Predictions

Vidgamer

1 hour ago, TimmyG said:

When the COO says “it’s a big announcement, no one can compete with us”, a new parade and some new (old) characters is a bit underwhelming.

The COO clearly said there would be announcements soon (which would have been reflective of todays announcements) and more to come later. He never said, all you hear on Friday is all we are doing. 

5 minutes ago, rappa said:

I think really it depends if the message is for enthusiasts or the media. 
Because both have very different perceptions. 

In this one case I think it counts as a big announcement, and the “can’t compete” certainly is reference to the offering as a whole and not one single item. Its also quite boastful yes, but that is his style. 

Interestingly this message was for the enthusiasts because it was originally posted in the fan page group. You're pretty much lighting a cigarette in a fireworks factory by making any sort of announcement directly to an enthusiast circle. 

• Like 1

They can't announce Arkham's replacement until after the 30th event or it would steal the thunder.

If VRTP are smart they will start teasing the Arkham replacement at the tail end of the event, with full announcement 2-4 weeks ahead of work starting.

I think what was said by the COO is still accurate. By the end of their announcements you won't be able to compete with VRTP as a whole entity. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rappa said:

I think really it depends if the message is for enthusiasts or the media. 
Because both have very different perceptions. 

In this one case I think it counts as a big announcement, and the “can’t compete” certainly is reference to the offering as a whole and not one single item. Its also quite boastful yes, but that is his style. 

Eric Lanke: Moving the Goal Posts

1 minute ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

Interestingly this message was for the enthusiasts because it was originally posted in the fan page group. You're pretty much lighting a cigarette in a fireworks factory by making any sort of announcement directly to an enthusiast circle. 

You have to look at the market you are promoting to - that group, which i only just joined as i had never heard of it until it was raised here - is more so filled with what i would consider "fans" rather than enthusiasts. Most are surface level interested in the park. They go on Monday and watch the parade and post photos of it, then go again on saturday and watch the parade again, wax lyrical and post basically the same photos again from a different vantage point. They are also unabashed in defending any criticism of the park. As i said, its fanboy stuff at a surface level.

To most on that page, this is a BIG thing. 

In comparison i would consider many here to be "enthusiasts" as we often chat about the thought patterns behind the decisions, and can equally applaud and critique the parks. We hold judgement until we see final results, and we are generally more measured. 

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

You have to look at the market you are promoting to - that group, which i only just joined as i had never heard of it until it was raised here - is more so filled with what i would consider "fans" rather than enthusiasts. Most are surface level interested in the park. They go on Monday and watch the parade and post photos of it, then go again on saturday and watch the parade again, wax lyrical and post basically the same photos again from a different vantage point. They are also unabashed in defending any criticism of the park. As i said, its fanboy stuff at a surface level.

To most on that page, this is a BIG thing. 

In comparison i would consider many here to be "enthusiasts" as we often chat about the thought patterns behind the decisions, and can equally applaud and critique the parks. We hold judgement until we see final results, and we are generally more measured. 

Great point and I agree with what you state. I didn't really consider it that way and you're right that it'd be very different if they came on here and said huge things are on the way. 

I think it was a smart move not announcing the AA replacement with all of these other announcements. We can only suggest it’ll be a big roller coaster taking it’s place & it would be a huge draw card. Announcing it with these other attractions would probably over shadow them. 

I think the AA Replacement needs to be a stand alone announcement.. that’s just what I would do anyway. 

2 hours ago, CaptainLazerGuns said:

Great point and I agree with what you state. I didn't really consider it that way and you're right that it'd be very different if they came on here and said huge things are on the way. 

I actually agree completely. That comment was on another page and someone posted it here. It's not like Bikash came to Parkz and said "guys just wait till friday, you'll be blown away"

And in all fairness last week Dreamworld basically called a press conference to announce a tunnel and some rocks, and no one came on here criticising them for a fairly lacklustre reveal. Gotta be fair to both companies. 

I think a lot of you who post on this page feel that VRTP owe you something. This "Hooray for Hollywood" is not to please you its to bring back 90's nostalgic to the park, it's hey day. 
The parade actually coincides with the event and will be the largest parade Movie World have commissioned since the early 2000's. 

Plus there is heaps more announcements about Hooray to come in the following weeks. 

Remember you never get it right the first time...who knows how more epic this will become over the years.

I'm glad Austin is back. The impersonator today on the news/promo's is probably one of the best the park has had. 

• Like 1

I am very happy to see this nostalgia is coming back. For the last decade, the movie magic has been missing. And this brings it back. So many of these characters have been missed for years now. Having characters that refer back to old attractions is awesome. 

I think most people are disappointed because they were expecting a new attraction for the park. But I have a feeling that announcement will be here later in the year. For now we need to appreciate and acknowledge what will hopefully be a great event 

2 hours ago, David Ross said:

I think a lot of you who post on this page feel that VRTP owe you something. This "Hooray for Hollywood" is not to please you its to bring back 90's nostalgic to the park, it's hey day. 
The parade actually coincides with the event and will be the largest parade Movie World have commissioned since the early 2000's. 

Plus there is heaps more announcements about Hooray to come in the following weeks. 

Remember you never get it right the first time...who knows how more epic this will become over the years.

I'm glad Austin is back. The impersonator today on the news/promo's is probably one of the best the park has had. 

They are referred to as performers or characters not impersonators 

• Like 1

I think sometime on sites like this everyone seems to focus on rides first and foremost myself included, 

In saying that when I visit with the kids we barely do the rides we spend most of the time watching shows and meeting characters. Mw always seems to have something going on somewhere in the park at any given times and the kids love it over Sw or Dw. Another bigger wait to see better parade is awesome news, sure it’s not a new coaster but the addition of maybe 10 extra characters to see during the day, 

And let’s not forget they also announced a new slide tower and slides for wnw, everyone was stoked with www when they announced their fully 6, here we have a new show for mw and new slides for wnw I for one am excited, I hope they pull it off in a great way and I’m sure there will be surprises not shown just yet. And when this gets out of the media and they need a pick me up I’m sure we will hear about what’s going in to replace Arkham asylum 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TimmyG said:

Does anyone know if the Austin Powers impersonator/s that they have chosen to be part of the new parade are the same previous impersonators at the park?

Looking at the news report. He looks familiar so I would say they are bringing back some old actors too

3 hours ago, MWgirl247365 said:

Ugh, again with calling them impersonators 

But that is exactly what they are. It’s not Mike Myers performing on Main Street, it’s an actor impersonating Mike Myers portrayal of Austin Powers. They are impersonators. 

if they got one of the previous actors back, that is awesome to hear. The old impersonators that played that character used to be pretty awesome. 

12 hours ago, TimmyG said:

Does anyone know if the Austin Powers impersonator/s that they have chosen to be part of the new parade are the same previous impersonators at the park?

considering MW recently advertised for actors/performers I would say we will get a mixture of old and new, I do know of a couple "old" actors who have auditioned for roles. 

I too agree actors/performers not impersonators, you impersonate a person eg:Trump, Elvis you act out a character eg: Scooby, Austin Powers, superman, 

I would consider the person doing Marilyn Monroe doing an impersonation, 

On 14/05/2021 at 10:15 AM, Slick said:

Controversial opinion - I find it super, super cringe any time a park puts on a hype-style dance number as entertainment. 

YVAN EHT NIOJ!

1143.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

On 14/05/2021 at 7:36 PM, Brad2912 said:

Not sure if this group shot has been posted elsewhere but was shared on LinkedIn by Michael Croaker

80ACCABE-F24F-40A4-B470-EAFFB7911F08.jpeg

I would have loved to have seen them release something like this without the suits in the front row. Like - kudos to them, i'm sure they've played a massive role in bringing this all together but they're just nameless faces. I realise it's only a linkedin post but its still public and accessible.

On 14/05/2021 at 8:03 PM, David Ross said:

I think a lot of you who post on this page feel that VRTP owe you something.

<Snip>

New phone, who dis?

On 14/05/2021 at 8:17 PM, themagician said:

I am very happy to see this nostalgia is coming back. For the last decade, the movie magic has been missing. And this brings it back.

I wouldn't go so far as to say 'this brings it back'. It's a start... but they've spent the last 15 or so years removing every last vestige of movie magic from the park and replacing it with 'slapped on logos'. I will agree with you though that it is a 'step in the right direction'.

14 hours ago, MWgirl247365 said:

Ugh, again with calling them impersonators 

If this is enough to get on your nerves, I know of a facebook group I can recommend for you...

11 hours ago, TimmyG said:

But that is exactly what they are. It’s not Mike Myers performing on Main Street, it’s an actor impersonating Mike Myers portrayal of Austin Powers. They are impersonators. 

Yeah, sorry bud - but she's right. They aren't impersonating Mike Myers portraying Austin. They're just portraying Austin. 

Simply because Austin has only been played by MM, doesn't mean anyone else portraying the character is impersonating MM - Otherwise, Tom Cruise impersonated Mike Myers portraying Austin in Goldmember.... nope. Just an actor, playing a part in a movie, in a movie. 

...And with all that said.... who cares? just call him "The guy dressed as Austin" and nobody gets hurt.

8 hours ago, David Ross said:

plus inside gossip I heard there is more and bigger news to come for Hooray. Very good insight. 

You've said this twice now. I get the feeling you REALLY want someone to ask you what it is you know, but you're not revealing it either because you can't, or you don't want to. Either way, the nature of "I know something you don't know, but i'm not telling" on the forums here goes down like a lead balloon. 

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I don’t think this had been revealed yet 

A2641594-651A-4086-8A80-51CD280F3E22.jpeg

I mean - Mike has posted it on his socials and tagged it with the park. Clearly the park isn't keeping it under wraps if management are putting it on socials so... i'd say this is your reveal...

• Like 1