Movieworld 30 Year Anniversary Celebration Predictions

Vidgamer

On 16/05/2021 at 10:08 AM, TimmyG said:

Does anyone know if the Austin Powers impersonator/s that they have chosen to be part of the new parade are the same previous impersonators at the park?

It depends if those Cast Members are still with the park. I think there may only be one regular there at the moment that was seen often.

13 hours ago, David Ross said:

I suppose it’s each to their own what YOU want to call them. Also falls back on the actor. Do they wanna call themselves an actor or an impersonator. 

plus inside gossip I heard there is more and bigger news to come for Hooray. Very good insight. 

Ive heard a few call it 'playing pretend' or 'playing dressing up' for a living. Makes me giggle.

11 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

YVAN EHT NIOJ!

1143.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

I would have loved to have seen them release something like this without the suits in the front row. Like - kudos to them, i'm sure they've played a massive role in bringing this all together but they're just nameless faces. I realise it's only a linkedin post but its still public and accessible.

New phone, who dis?

I wouldn't go so far as to say 'this brings it back'. It's a start... but they've spent the last 15 or so years removing every last vestige of movie magic from the park and replacing it with 'slapped on logos'. I will agree with you though that it is a 'step in the right direction'.

If this is enough to get on your nerves, I know of a facebook group I can recommend for you...

Yeah, sorry bud - but she's right. They aren't impersonating Mike Myers portraying Austin. They're just portraying Austin. 

Simply because Austin has only been played by MM, doesn't mean anyone else portraying the character is impersonating MM - Otherwise, Tom Cruise impersonated Mike Myers portraying Austin in Goldmember.... nope. Just an actor, playing a part in a movie, in a movie. 

...And with all that said.... who cares? just call him "The guy dressed as Austin" and nobody gets hurt.

You've said this twice now. I get the feeling you REALLY want someone to ask you what it is you know, but you're not revealing it either because you can't, or you don't want to. Either way, the nature of "I know something you don't know, but i'm not telling" on the forums here goes down like a lead balloon. 

I mean - Mike has posted it on his socials and tagged it with the park. Clearly the park isn't keeping it under wraps if management are putting it on socials so... i'd say this is your reveal...

@DaptoFunlandGuywhat group?

12 hours ago, westical said:

Why, what does it matter?

Because they've gone to all the effort of gathering a whole bunch of characters together in one place - something that is extraordinarily rare, but distinctly and unmistakeably movie world. its the kind of image that if they put a little thought into, they could probably produce a 'commemorative poster' and flog it off in showbags for the anniversary celebration.  But no matter how integral those few people were to bringing it all together, nobody (outside of the park tragics or cast) know, or care who they are. Heck, they went to the effort of getting elevation for the photographer - they were halfway there.

As I said - I would have loved to have seen a version without the suits. that's all.

12 hours ago, MWgirl247365 said:

@DaptoFunlandGuywhat group?

Whoosh.

10 hours ago, SnowyRiverSam said:

Michael Croaker posted a photo of the new Daffy car.

Are we sure that's new? looks pretty much like the old one?

22 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Because they've gone to all the effort of gathering a whole bunch of characters together in one place - something that is extraordinarily rare, but distinctly and unmistakeably movie world. its the kind of image that if they put a little thought into, they could probably produce a 'commemorative poster' and flog it off in showbags for the anniversary celebration.  But no matter how integral those few people were to bringing it all together, nobody (outside of the park tragics or cast) know, or care who they are. Heck, they went to the effort of getting elevation for the photographer - they were halfway there.

As I said - I would have loved to have seen a version without the suits. that's all.

Whoosh.

Are we sure that's new? looks pretty much like the old one?

It’s definitely a newer model of the VW beetle 

+1 to this. 

I'm sure I recall hearing there was some issue with the roof\building behind the wall, but that it was still used back of house, so they just villaged it and put up a wall and pretended there was nothing to see here. 

I'd have liked them to have done something else with the roof as its unsightly and completely ruins the theme of the area. 

On 29/05/2021 at 6:00 AM, themagician said:

The closest buildings on the left are different shapes, the arch above the clock is different, all the trees behind the building at the end, lack of trees down Main Street and everyone is wearing/carrying a big jacket 

https://goo.gl/maps/jJz4GJsT2E2xmYF46

That's a link to Google Street view, captured in 2010 apparently, of Movie Park from approximately the same spot. Looks to match the "before" photo pretty well.