Luna Play App

Gtmichaels

I find the introduction to this app very compelling due to the nature of trophies/achievements from going on rides. How do you guys think it will work? I feel like you would be able to connect your wristband to the app/website for the day you’re visiting, and it will constantly update your progress? I only believe this because I remember being able to view what rides I had ridden on certain days on the website using my wristband. 

Do you guys think this is how it’s going to work? Could there be any downsides to the app or how it functions in the future? I would love to see what you guys think about Luna Play :)

C55A4379-9CDA-4FFF-94ED-DE42C36F8C4C.jpeg

The site says annual passes will automatically get linked. I'm just wondering how it'll work for people who have older annual passes from before COVID (I have a 3-year pass from 2019). My guess is it's linked through your card number which is what you would use when booking a session when the park was operating in limited capacity. 

Since Luna Park records your ride activity that would obviously be used for the leaderboards and achievements but that won't be possible if the park continues to operate like it has been since July. 

I think that it is cool how there is a global leaderboard to see who has had the most rides at the park, I think that it will be great to bring in this app to the park and i hope it prompts other parks in Australia to get a park app down the line with the changing times, Especially Dreamworld

5 minutes ago, Yyosh said:

but that won't be possible if the park continues to operate like it has been since July. 

I sent luna park a message last week and they said that they hope that by the time they reopen that restrictions are further eased and they can go back to a free entry park like they did pre covid, Fingers crossed!!!!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

I sent luna park a message last week and they said that they hope that by the time they reopen that restrictions are further eased and they can go back to a free entry park like they did pre covid, Fingers crossed!!!!

I hope this would also mean that they can get more vintage pinball arcade machines back in Coney Island. Because of COVID, the guy who leased them to the park had to sell some of them off and on top of that, they couldn't be used anyway because constant cleaning requirements and all that. But there are plans to purchase more once restrictions are eased I am told, which will be a great relief. I just hope the pinball games that were sold off weren't significant to Luna Park; I.E. they were LPS originals that were then sold off at the 1981 auction before being returned in 2016 when the pinball games were acquired. Hope those games are still there.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 19Michael96 said:

I just hope the pinball games that were sold off weren't significant to Luna Park; I.E. they were LPS originals that were then sold off at the 1981 auction before being returned in 2016 when the pinball games were acquired. Hope those games are still there.

I did some research and found this article about the restorer that says the machines are owned by Luna Park so they should be staying thankfully.

Edited by Yyosh

8 hours ago, Yyosh said:

I did some research and found this article about the restorer that says the machines are owned by Luna Park so they should be staying thankfully.

Yeah those aren’t the arcade games I was talking about. I know the old Penny Arcade games such as Fly-a-Plane and Green Ray etc. were owned by Luna Park and restored some years ago (though the Horse Racing game seen in the article is still in limbo cause the guy wrapped up his business in 2018 and LPS has been trying to get in contact with him to check its status); I was talking about the vintage pinball machines that are owned by this guy: https://dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/southern-courier/greg-terranova-of-malabar-collects-more-than-80-vintage-pinball-machines/news-story/116c9a666600bd52edfc1b2b61699275 
It was these machines where some had to be sold off and I hope none of the ones that were LPS originals were affected. Cause some of the pinball games were listed as being in the park in the 60’s/70’s; I would hope these would have stayed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 19Michael96 said:

I was talking about the vintage pinball machines that are owned by this guy: https://dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/southern-courier/greg-terranova-of-malabar-collects-more-than-80-vintage-pinball-machines/news-story/116c9a666600bd52edfc1b2b61699275 
It was these machines where some had to be sold off and I hope none of the ones that were LPS originals were affected. Cause some of the pinball games were listed as being in the park in the 60’s/70’s; I would hope these would have stayed.

Oh, wow. I didn't know that. I didn't actually know these machines were originals (I probably should've read the signs on the top of them ahaha). The article you linked says they can go for up to $15,000 each. If he owned the original machines and LPS is reportedly willing to purchase new ones they could buy them before it's too late.

2 hours ago, Yyosh said:

The article you linked says they can go for up to $15,000 each. If he owned the original machines and LPS is reportedly willing to purchase new ones they could buy them before it's too late.

The arrangement I was told by the senior management director is that the guy will purchase new ones of similar vintage and lease them to the park with the rest that were retained once restrictions are eased.