Dreamworld Weight Restrictions

Joshaaye

Does anyone know how strict DW are on their weight restrictions?

One restriction that baffles me is the 90kg limit for Escape From Madagascar (A Vekoma Steel Inverted Coaster). I know it's a Childs/Family Coaster but If they were to strictly enforce this, that would limit a large majority of Adults going with their kids wouldn't it?

Can anyone please explain the reasoning behind it?

Screenshot_20210427-094738_Samsung Internet.jpg

I raised this in another thread recently. 

this appears to be a new thing, but not sure if they have put weigh plates in place (seems unlikely). 

I used to be much heavier than I am now and used to ride it with my son every visit, I’ve lost a bunch of weight but apparently not can’t ride it - though haven’t been there since this weight restriction appeared on their website 

I'm not sure why there'd be a problem with weight after all these years - it may or may not have something to do with the supplemental seatbelts on the harnesses, which are INCREDIBLY short (like Claw). I find there are quite a few rides at Dreamworld I used to be able to ride without an issue, that I now can't even get the seatbelt into since the straps were shortened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimmyG said:

Should @DaptoFunlandGuybe renamed Daptofatlandguy? 😛 

Sadly - after changing it once in 17 years, I’ve used up my free name changes for a while.

perhaps if we had a “fatland” we could have manufacturers begin to design rides to accommodate more than the 5’2”-5’10”, 70-90kg, narrow shouldered females they currently model every harness on...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Sadly - after changing it once in 17 years, I’ve used up my free name changes for a while.

perhaps if we had a “fatland” we could have manufacturers begin to design rides to accommodate more than the 5’2”-5’10”, 70-90kg, narrow shouldered females they currently model every harness on...

Best part about being 6'2 and 55kg is that I can easily be folded in half to fit on most human sized rides.