Speculation from Village Park's COO social post

Inverted

It is legit because that is Bikash’s Facebook account and he is the COO. But he has talked up announcements before and they have been underwhelming. However, I’m confident this time.

Im exciting something to do with WnW, MW 30th birthday stuff and potentially an AA replacement (earlier in the year, the park stated that an announcement would be made later in the year)

1 hour ago, themagician said:

that is Bikash’s Facebook account and he is the COO. But he has talked up announcements before and they have been underwhelming

Quoted for truth.

I am hopeful they do have something nice cooked up though. Its a big year, and a nice time to start enticing people to travel locally.

Hopefully Luna Park style announcements have shown them how to capture their audience.

...or maybe they just wanted to grab the microphone for a bit after Greg had it earlier in the week.

Some juicy stuff from Bikash. I hold hope that the announcements are as grand and exciting as he makes them out to be. I'll also contain any real excitement however as i remember him pumping up the new self-serve drinking stations as the greatest innovation ever seen despite being available all around the world for about 2 decades

3 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Are there any DA's or Tenders out there for VRTP apart from the WnW one?

nope.

40 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

new self-serve drinking stations as the greatest innovation ever seen despite being available all around the world for about 2 decades

Are these back to being self serving now or still staff attended due to "Covid" even though pretty much everywhere else lets you fill up your own drinks (Costco, Event Cinemas ect...)

4 hours ago, Naazon said:

Are these back to being self serving now or still staff attended due to "Covid" even though pretty much everywhere else lets you fill up your own drinks (Costco, Event Cinemas ect...)

every time i go they are either closed or being staffed by 1 person with a massive line up

The first big announcement = The date of the big announcement

The big announcement will be they are building the Big Camera to be on par with the Big Pineapple

Although I do wonder if there is a new partnership?

“..Sony Pictures’ larger global strategy to grow and expand location-based entertainment by utilizing its strong global film and TV brands,” said Jeffrey Godsick, head of LBE at Sony Pictures Entertainment

from Blooloop

If that were to bring Spiderman, Men In Black or other Sony' IP, that would be a huge boost.

Edited by troll under the coaster

Hey folks, it's been a minute since I was last here!

Putting aside the usual cynicism we have for these types of statements, what's Randhawa's track record with making statements to build hype? Genuinely asking here.

Also, given we're taking guesses here, we never saw the follow-through on the proposed hotel/resort project from a few years back. Is it possible that's still on the agenda? Would certainly be a carrot on the stick for the international market to come back over the next few years.

I kind of don't see the urgency for a replacement coaster for Arkham. We know the gap in their line-up is the family market, so a good, well-themed dark ride that uses Arkham's building could be a smart idea. That, or they basically nuke Kids' WB Fun Zone and start again. Don't get me wrong, a Vekoma Flying Coaster or S&S Axis would be amazing, but it'd make just as much sense business-wise to focus on a more diverse ride portfolio. To my mind, that's what sells the season passes.

• Like 2

The last time he made a big statement was before the announcement of Atlantis, and it didn’t disappoint. The fact he’s gone onto a Facebook group and made this statement, I’m expecting something big. I’m expecting what ever it is, I’d say it will replace AA and maybe even use some of the extra land back there. The guy who commented the Harry Potter exhibit, Bikash replied ‘that’s small with what will happen over time’. Maybe we will see something Harry Potter related? I know universal own the rights, but MW could buy a license and have it too. Maybe it will be a multi stage development and will create global attention 

Let's hope it's some form of Wet'n'Wild master plan as that could really use one. MW would use some love in various places but If he's hinting at more work on MW then I'd dare say this will be a whole new precinct that has a large scope, like Atlantis does.

Also I doubt HP rights are going anywhere as Universal are currently building their 4rd Orlando gate that will have further HP related areas in it so they would want to keep it pretty locked to their parks.  

20 minutes ago, themagician said:

The last time he made a big statement was before the announcement of Atlantis, and it didn’t disappoint. The fact he’s gone onto a Facebook group and made this statement, I’m expecting something big. I’m expecting what ever it is, I’d say it will replace AA and maybe even use some of the extra land back there. The guy who commented the Harry Potter exhibit, Bikash replied ‘that’s small with what will happen over time’. Maybe we will see something Harry Potter related? I know universal own the rights, but MW could buy a license and have it too. Maybe it will be a multi stage development and will create global attention 

I don't think our humble little VRTP have the bidding capacity that Universal does. 😄

4 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Also I doubt HP rights are going anywhere as Universal are currently building their 4rd Orlando gate that will have further HP related areas in it so they would want to keep it pretty locked to their parks.  

Precisely. And even if VRTP suddenly found a pot of gold to buy a HP license, I don't think it'd be the right move. They're never going to be able to do something that Universal can't, and market differentiation is important.

I'll say something positive - the guy is clearly passionate about his product and his brand. 

As I understand all of the circumstances surrounding, it wasn't his choice to leave this community, but I don't know enough to state anything as fact. I do know that Richard and the team are on record that they are happy to have anyone on here as a private individual giving their own thoughts as long as they aren't commercially motivated, so i'm sure that if he wanted to interact as a normal individual, and his employer permitted it, he'd probably still be here. 

17 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I feel this thread is a pretty solid reason as to why hes there and not here.

He's shown repeatedly that he doesn't back away from challenging critics (even when that might be the best course of action) so my personal opinion is that I doubt his absence is for the reasons you suggest.

18 minutes ago, Gtmichaels said:

I don’t know guys, but this looks like a definite ride replacement for Arkham Asylum! Look at Movie World’s comments earlier this year :) Definitely ties in with the recent post saying there will be “an exciting announcement”. Unless there are TWO exciting announcements lol.

Yeah, look - its possible. But if you go by that logic - it's also possible they're announcing the long-awaited construction of WILD!

Stay tuned for further announcements announcing the announcement of an impending announcement!