Extra trains for roller coasters?

Gazza

8 hours ago, fletch said:

I always used to think it would of happened as once one train reaches a certain part in the layout, another one would roll out the station up the lift and another one would roll into the sation, treating the lift hill as a block brake. Now that I look back on it, probably not the safest way since you would need perfect disbatches and the lift would constantly be stopping and starting up if a train hadn't fit the final brakes yet... 😕

Yeah, once off the lift the ability to stop the train is removed, so until it reaches another set of brakes that can completely stop the train, it's all treated as one block. It's just completely unsafe to rely on having two uncontrolled vehicles sharing the same space. Something catastrophic could happen to one train and it stops between blocks due to a major mechanical fault, the second train would drive straight into it. Turn a recoverable situation into major injuries and probable death. 

On 02/05/2021 at 5:41 PM, Baconjack said:

roughly 90 minutes for Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland, bear in mind I went to the park unaware that it was 'golden week' around the Chinese national holiday where all the mainlanders go over which was a mistake.

Oh you poor thing. Our deepest sympathies. *not sarcasm*

On 03/05/2021 at 12:13 AM, Tim Dasco said:

Has Green Lantern every ran with 6 trains? I know they have 7, but did it every run the 6?

They did at opening. All it resulted in was a bunch of cars stacking in the extended brake run (in the sun) for a long period of time. 

If it had a second unload station further back from load, you could probably make better use of it, but otherwise, no dice.

15 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Pretty unnecessary to make smart-ass backhanded comments like this. Uncalled for. 

It wasn't smart assed nor Backhanded. I legitimately pity anyone who has had the unfortunate experience of Golden Week in an asian theme park. I really, legitimately felt sorry for your experience. 

Pretty much the worst time i've ever had in any theme park has been as a result of mainland chinese visiting hong kong.

On 03/05/2021 at 11:44 AM, joz said:

To be honest if you could run Rivals without stacking, then the capacity would be plenty. That would mean opening the entrance gates as soon as the train parks like is standard around the world, and having more than 2 station staff. It would actually be fascinating to see the numbers and if an extra 2 loaders would be instantly paid for by increased ride photo/On ride video sales.

For me the ultimate insult in Warner operations was seeing Green Lantern loading efficiency and throughput quadruple after the queue had been closed for the day.

I suppose the operations are still somewhat more efficient than China....

On 29/04/2021 at 10:04 AM, rappa said:

You’d think people would learn from the 3 hour waits of a few weeks ago. 

It would be good that during times like these when most of the rides at Movie World are closed they would have 2 trains on some of the rides to compensate for that. 

On 29/04/2021 at 10:09 AM, Slick said:

it's why Disney design their parks (and operations) to ensure you can do at least 10 "things" a day

Would loved to have done 10 things at Movie World on my last visit, got 2 rides in :(

2 hours ago, ThemeParks4Life said:

It would be good that during times like these when most of the rides at Movie World are closed they would have 2 trains on some of the rides to compensate for that. 

Counter productive from a operational perspective though as if people get on and through all the rides in a short period they are more likely to leave the park earlier which takes our f&b opportunities. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Counter productive from a operational perspective though as if people get on and through all the rides in a short period they are more likely to leave the park earlier which takes our f&b opportunities. 

Fair call yes, but when waiting 1-2 hours in line for a ride on an off peak day and then the F&B outlets and retail outlets close at 3pm anyway, what's the point.