Showtime FX at the GC Theme Parks

16 hours ago, Original said:

But then I can't imagine HWSD was a cheap show with the amount of time the cars would get smashed up and require repair. 

The general idea is that these guys DON'T collide with each other or other objects causing damage, but as these cars are only on stage, and not used for street-legal work, you can economise on the most commonly damaged items - bumpers - by using simple "clip on, tear off" style parts that are easily fitted and cost little.

SMash repair is far cheaper than mechanical repair. Its mostly cosmetic stuff that's easily patched and painted overnight.

12 hours ago, wikiverse said:

The Showtime shows are terrible and VRTP have gone for the cheapest executions possible... BUT... It's worth remembering that VRTP have to make shows that can be understood by both adults and children, as well as international tourists that can barely speak English (if at all).  That is a very difficult thing to do well on a reasonable budget.

Why do they need to cater to non-english speakers? And regardless, why does a show have to be so dumbed down to be understood without the dialogue? I've seen Disney shows and attractions done in Japanese and Cantonese and I was able to follow along with them just fine without resorting to slapstic exaggerated garbage.

9 hours ago, Jakev8 said:

I'm sure there's millions & millions of people who have never seen or heard of "Water world" but still some how get a kick out of watching the live show every time.

THIS. 100% THIS.

1 hour ago, TimmyG said:

The big question, who has the balls to jump up and say “this is shit”, when the current show offerings satisfy (assuming) the general day guest, the target audience of the parks? 

Most of us do. Unfortunately, (and i'm sure what you meant) is that few decision makers would do so. Nobody is gonna admit their own product is shit when they've served it up again and again calling it world class.

They need gordon ramsay to come in and kitchen nightmare the park and tell it like it is.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, wikiverse said:

The Showtime shows are terrible and VRTP have gone for the cheapest executions possible... BUT... It's worth remembering that VRTP have to make shows that can be understood by both adults and children, as well as international tourists that can barely speak English (if at all).  That is a very difficult thing to do well on a reasonable budget.

The first time I saw Water World was at Universal Japan. No English at all in the show and I thought it was the best thing ever 

• Like 1