TV alert: Theme parks on great outdoors.

Gazza

Just informing everyone that The great outdoors will be doing a theme park story of "The worlds thrill ride capital". They showed some footage of DCA and also some footage of colossus at TP, unless California screamin has aqua colored track in which case im mistaken. Should be good but murphys law states that I will pobably be working on monday night so i'll miss it just like I have missed the LPS & LPM stories and the Wild Waldi Water Park story. Then again I may get lucky and be home.

Well, they ended up showing 3 rides at 3 parks; journey to atlantis at SW san diego, TOT at Disney Land and The Mummy at Universal. They also showed some little tidbits of stuff around each of the parks, but nothing more than a few seconds. Oh, and according to the presenter, Sea World is a "World famous waterpark"

It was another poor attempt at a theme park story. Everybody loves theme parks so if they covered them well the stories would be very popular but they are never any good. The Tower of Terror they showed was actually from Disney's California Adventure and not Disneyland. Apparantley due to poor attendance, California Adventure has been trying to 'Disney' up its park a bit more. The Tower of Terror is the latest attraction there which will help with this cause even though it is a replica of the same ride from the other Disney parks. Unfortunately most of the on-ride footage throughout the story was obviously taken from promo videos supplied by the parks. Nothing worthwhile at all

come on guys lighten up.

Not even a mention of Cedar Point,or any other good parks in America
Well seeing it was aimed at general public Down Under Los Angeles is a more likely family desternation also have you been to DCA, Universal they beat any park down here.
The Tower of Terror is the latest attraction there which will help with this cause even though it is a replica of the same ride from the other Disney parks.
Not a replica each Tower has different ride programs including the new one being built at DisneySea. also did you know a friend of mine in anaheim help with the design on one of the floors.

Indeed, I watched it and was totally let down, it seems that the only theme parks worth mentioning in the USA are Disney, and Universal parks, although as said, there was a bit of Seaworld. Surely they could have at least mentioned Knotts? Perhaps the network channels should get their hands on some of them nice thrill rides specials that Fox has...