1 hour ago, TimmyG said:

To me, it seems Dreamworld’s announcement has more meat to it than the village announcement, atleast so far. 

Has there been any formal announcement about hotel v other than the report in the GCB?

There has been no official announcement. Just @Bikash Randhawahinting at things and people discovering VRTP lodging a trademark application.

Dreamworlds has more meat because technically VRTP has no meat. Its like a vegan announcement.

16 hours ago, Original said:

They own Intencity, could we see a mega version of that, that rivals Timezone in Surfers?! 

Someone please research the Intencity installations in Sydney - in particular Parramatta and I think the other one was Hurstville or maybe Fairfield?

Chameleon, massive VR sims, legit cockpit motion base flight sims... none of this 'dodgem cars and a claw machine' business.

For families and the average tourist, I would find Dreamworld's hotel location to be much more convenient. Basically across the road from one of the largest shopping centres on the GC, with great dining and evening entertainment options, rail and bus next door. 

I really feel, whilst i will cater for all tourist types, Village's hotel will predominantly aimed at getting a large piece of the corporate market. Comparatively Dreamworlds' corporate and events sphere is much smaller, so they can go full focus on a family destination.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Original said:

I'm really keen to see how VRTP connects the hotel to the two parks, AOS, PC and TG, will they create big walkways, or go with another transport option.

As well as what other entertainment options they add. They own Intencity, could we see a mega version of that, that rivals Timezone in Surfers?! 

There is only 6 intencity stores left in Australia. They have 50 external locations including, cinemas, theme parks, airports, hotels. They used to be huge but timezone or playtime are the main arcades stores in Australia.

9 minutes ago, Rabbit2014 said:

They used to be huge but timezone or playtime are the main arcades stores in Australia.

That's my point. Don't go after the "arcade" market - be something more than just a bunch of pinball, skiball, and daytona machines with dodgem cars and laser skirmish (and bowling alleys?). Have really unique, not available at your local westfield attractions, like they did at the larger outlets - not the ripoff timezone arcades with intencity branding that still exist today.

22 hours ago, Ash said:

I know they won't get the Disney input in our hotels as overseas, but imagine being a kid and waking up to a roller-coaster next to your window?! 

Are they moving Arkham to the northern car park for decoration?

• Haha 1

I can safely say that the last thing I look for when staying at a theme park ‘resort’ is close proximity to a suburban mall...

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

If they were smart, they should use this as a chance to free up space in movieworld and move all (or a lot of) the admin related functions village have based at movieworld into the hotel build. Anything that specifically doesn't need to be in the park or require immediate access could be moved and remaining functions condensed into existing buildings or a new facility built. 

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Levithian said:

If they were smart, they should use this as a chance to free up space in movieworld and move all (or a lot of) the admin related functions village have based at movieworld into the hotel build. Anything that specifically doesn't need to be in the park or require immediate access could be moved and remaining functions condensed into existing buildings or a new facility built. 

and a multi-story car park

On 04/05/2021 at 8:59 PM, Brad2912 said:

It’s not a themed resort, it’s a hotel in a carpark.

Best quote ever!

Will need to do something great to make it a non-corporate hotel, totally agree that it will work great for events, but to capture guests who actually want to visit a theme park it will need to provide something more. 

Unfortunately I am hoping 'Hotel V' is just the trading name and the actual hotel will be named something else as for me it drums up images of the TV series 'V'

On 04/05/2021 at 6:29 PM, joz said:

'Village isn't a lifestyle brand, stop trying to make it a thing'

This is also true, on my recent visit I was always confused as some staff say welcome to Village Roadshow Theme Parks when you call them but you're standing at Movie World. Would have thought that the Movie World branding was strong enough to not be pushed aside by Village Roadshow stuff. It's like I stayed at the Sheraton which is owned by Marriott, but all the branding, towels, badges and everything say Sheraton, not the corporation that owns them. I think this is really a very big missed opportunity for them as children don't ask to go to Village Roadshow Theme Parks, they say I want to go to Movie World. But everywhere a child looks at Movie World it says Village Roadshow Theme Parks. 

I have also noticed people on here call the logo a 'rake', wonder how long until they put a rake on the entrance archway to movie world haha

• Like 4

I feel like it wouldn’t be overly difficult for VRTP to gain permission to build a cable car system from Westfield Helensvale across the motorway and along Entertainment Rd, stopping at Wet n Wild then Movieworld.

It would mean less buses, which I’m sure GCCC would be keen for to try to bring traffic down where they can. It also gives hotel guests connections to public transport and a shopping centre. 

• Haha 1
  • Fountain of Improbability 5
6 minutes ago, ads086 said:

I feel like it wouldn’t be overly difficult for VRTP to gain permission to build a cable car system from Westfield Helensvale across the motorway and along Entertainment Rd, stopping at Wet n Wild then Movieworld.

HAHAHA oh you have no idea. That would actually be very difficult and would take years upon years of planning and approvals. The biggest issue would be crossing over the motorway.

7 minutes ago, ads086 said:

It would mean less buses, which I’m sure GCCC would be keen for to try to bring traffic down where they can. It also gives hotel guests connections to public transport and a shopping centre. 

I find that an odd mindset.

Buses to the parks run every 10 mins, or every half an hour in the middle of the day.

If several cars a minute are going past the parks, then what difference will taking away one bus every 10 mins make in the scheme of things really?

2 hours ago, ads086 said:

Well done for thinking outside of the square, but that concept is as logistically likely as an underground rapid transit system..

On 09/05/2021 at 12:00 PM, Brad2912 said:

Well done for thinking outside of the square, but that concept is as logistically likely as an underground rapid transit system..

That sounds like a BORING idea ;)

• Haha 1