Sign in to follow this  
coasterfreak

QLD Trip

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I'm planning a trip to QLD to obviously visit the Theme Parks. My question, what am I to expect weather and crowd wise if I am there for the last week in August? Any info would be helpful! Neil

Well,because nobody else has answered your question,and I live 45 minutes away from the GC parks I can tell you something. Don't worry about rain,unlike NSW,it hasn't rained in ages here,and a tipical winter day in QLD is cloud-free.I don't know if your up to it,but bring your swimmers just in case,I definently was swimming when I found the Seaworld waterpark. Crowd wise,remeber QLD only has about 3 million people,and the worst amount of time you'll find yourself queing for would be half an hour on cyclone.

Don't worry about rain,unlike NSW,it hasn't rained in ages here,and a tipical winter day in QLD is cloud-free.
Scott I don't know where you've been looking but about 90% of NSW is in drought. Except for the north coast of NSW there has hardly been any rain this year. I’m not saying that Queensland is any better off but to say the NSW has had any amount of rain recently is a joke. A typical Sydney day, like today is brilliant blue sky and reasonable temperatures. "The Bus is now leaving for Drought Relief Bore, Northern Territory"