Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I’m just hoping for Australia’s first B&M! Definitely not a hyper cause the park already has that. Movie World has shown they have the money for large scale attractions, and some people believe it to be a dark ride or something? They would have to replace Arkham Asylum with an equally, if not more thrilling attraction imo. Either a B&M invert or a mini dive machine! That would match the theme great, like Batman diving off of a building or something?! Whatever they do, I’m sure it will be epic!

So yeh, sticking with the Batman theme is a real possibility that I find likely.

Edited by Gtmichaels
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThemeParks4Life said:

I never got to ride 'Arkham Asylum' but did the Lethal Weapon quite a few times. 

I have seen on various posts there was new trains and stuff, was the ride experience that different?

Never got to ride AA either, but from what I've heard the new trains solved the head banging, but after a few years it started to develop a real nasty rattle and the restraints caused painful thigh crushing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Honestly, I’m just hoping for Australia’s first B&M! Definitely not a hyper cause the park already has that. Movie World has shown they have the money for large scale attractions, and some people believe it to be a dark ride or something? They would have to replace Arkham Asylum with an equally, if not more thrilling attraction imo. Either a B&M invert or a mini dive machine! That would match the theme great, like Batman diving off of a building or something?! Whatever they do, I’m sure it will be epic!

So yeh, sticking with the Batman theme is a real possibility that I find likely.

Yes my bets are definitely on a B&M invert coaster, it would definitely fit the park and the space provided really well 

40 minutes ago, ThemeParks4Life said:

I have seen on various posts there was new trains and stuff, was the ride experience that different?

The ear bashing that pained you post ride on LW was removed with the new trains. Others found that was replaced by pressure on the thighs/upper legs where the harness met - but i personally didnt experience that.

You also had the option to wear a VR headset which would obviously have provided a different experience, had we had some forewarning about its closure, i would have ensured i experienced this, but i didnt get to

6 minutes ago, Cooper Liston said:

Yes my bets are definitely on a B&M invert coaster, it would definitely fit the park and the space provided really well 

I disagree. I believe we'll see a new gen Vekoma invert or flyer come to the plot. Mainly because B&M has never worked in Australia and the price tag for a Vekoma would be far lower then a B&M invert. I've been informed that there will be an announcement for AA's replacement within the coming months.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fletch said:

I disagree. I believe we'll see a new gen Vekoma invert or flyer come to the plot. Mainly because B&M has never worked in Australia and the price tag for a Vekoma would be far lower then a B&M invert. I've been informed that there will be an announcement for AA's replacement within the coming months.

A vekoma invert would also fit the park really well, yes ive heard that there will be an announcement in the coming months very soon aswell

35 minutes ago, fletch said:

I disagree. I believe we'll see a new gen Vekoma invert or flyer come to the plot.

Ah! Now that’s a great possibility there! I forgot about Vekoma’s new launched flyers, which are THE BEST coasters for a Batman theme, right? I also forgot Vekoma had their STC now to replace the Slc models haha. Honestly, for what we had, it was a smooth slc!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fletch said:

This is pretty outdated thinking now. Ever since the Aussie dollar began to slack, B&M's overall pricing has been pretty relative to other manufacturers. However we don't have the same capacity and service requirements as other countries do, which renders a lot of their portfolio overkill to our market's needs. TLDR; why spend more on 4-across trains when you can have a non-inverting loop?

Edited by Slick
  • Like 2

If you're going for a Dive Coaster of sorts, I'd much rather see something like the Mack BigDipper coaster model (Example: Lost Gravity at Walibi Holland  - YouTube)

A thrilling compact coaster would work well forming part of a new precinct - chuck a few decent flat rides in and maximise your land usage to finalise the loop Movie World has been lacking. (with a link from Superman through to West) Even linking it into the Doomsday area could make that spot more than just a dead-end.

Alternatively, do a larger family thrill coaster like DrageKongen at Djurs Sommerland would be equally as good for Movie World's lineup (DrageKongen - YouTube)

---

Well, that's hoping that the plan is to continue with the precinct expansion model of adding a flagship attraction and a couple fillers. (3x rides for Sea World, 3x slide type tower+splashpad for Wet n Wild... plenty of opportunities to spend money at Movie World though - the planned but not executed PASS+HSD "fusion" show, and then stuff we'd like to see happen - Kids WB refresh, Arkham replacement precinct, etc. etc.)

Edited by ThemeTendo

Been saying it for years, duelling coasters themed to the The Flash (red) and Reverse Flash (yellow) would be a great theme choice. Nice tie in with the film coming out at the end of next year too. 

only shame in that is it leaves Batman with the least iconic ride in the park, when we all know he’s the best superhero...

4 hours ago, fletch said:

+ extensive history with vekoma already. Id love to see a thrill coaster replace it. It's kinda like SLC generation 2. Wonder what the pricing is like. 

11 minutes ago, Slick said:

Re-posting this from another thread because I stand by this idea and I reckon it's boss.

Mad Max themed land.

• Vekoma Mad-house where the WB Exhibit is now. Entrance to the east facing current Arkham station
  • Vekoma flyer that makes use of the space from Superman Escape's helixes right up to the current maze buildings.
  • Mad Max themed bar and events space that doubles as an exit pathway, observation platform (think light-house type outpost themed to Mad Max) and merch space for the ride itself.
  • Mack Twist 'n' Splash or Drunken Barrels (or hell, any half decent flat ride that would do well on a hot summer day) to tie the space in between current Arkham courtyard and the interconnect from the Mad Max area to WWF.

This combo of attractions would make great use of the land, avoids overlap with existing attractions in Australia and has clearly defined marketable advantages (country's first flying coaster, total novelty factor etc.)

Advantages of a Mad Max themed land:

• There's a new Mad Max movie.
  • The theme is pretty iconic and timeless at this point.
  • It's basically an abandoned, rustic theme, so it's not crazy expensive to do well
  • It's Aussie AF and appeals to the same demo that Hollywood Stunt Driver does
  • The transitions between other precincts themed lands is a piece of cake - it's an easy transition to WWF, and the transitions between Superman and Main Street are basically more of what used to be there with the China Town Alley-way.

You're welcome Village. 🍻

Absolutely love this idea, would make great use of the space and I believe it would give movieworld alot more variety in the sense of theming and that would give abit more of a refreshing feel to the park. Whether or not they do something like this tho is a different story

Edited by Cooper Liston

Apart from I don't think Mad Max is the right theme for a madhouse, that is all basically fine. Madhouse suits something supernatural, Mad Max is dystopian future, not really magic. I might also be inclined to put the Mack Twist and Splash elsewhere, maybe WnW as a whirlpool replacement, or in WB Kids.

Personal taste would be Mad Max RMC behind West/Scooby rather than towards Superman, and use AA's land for a Matrix Coaster (your flyer would work for that). All of this is like 10+ years worth of investment in 2 short paragraphs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joz said:

Apart from I don't think Mad Max is the right theme for a madhouse, that is all basically fine. Madhouse suits something supernatural, Mad Max is dystopian future, not really magic. I might also be inclined to put the Mack Twist and Splash elsewhere, maybe WnW as a whirlpool replacement, or in WB Kids.

Personal taste would be Mad Max RMC behind West/Scooby rather than towards Superman, and use AA's land for a Matrix Coaster (your flyer would work for that). All of this is like 10+ years worth of investment in 2 short paragraphs 

Honestly a Madhouse would be right at home in the castle at Sea World. I really dig those suspended ETF ride systems purely because of the ability to go from ride in a box to coming outside and adding kinetic energy to a greater themed space.

I think SW too. If you were going to do MW, a way you could do it is have a Movie Memorabilia museum (Show case is fine) and have a vault for a cursed for a cursed movie prop, maybe a 'genuine' mummie that was used as a prop for a movie that was never released as everyone who watched it pre release perished in mysterious circumstances. Some basic shit like that anyway.

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

24 minutes ago, joz said:

I think SW too. If you were going to do MW, a way you could do it is have a Movie Memorabilia museum (Show case is fine) and have a vault for a cursed for a cursed movie prop, maybe a 'genuine' mummie that was used as a prop for a movie that was never released as everyone who watched it pre release perished in mysterious circumstances. Some basic shit like that anyway.

Yeah love this. 🍻

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic