Arkham asylum replacement theming??

On 19/05/2021 at 10:44 AM, Slick said:

I just wanted to say thank you for putting links to the rides you're talking about. And the same to everyone on here that does that. I don't have the seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of rides and manufacturers that a lot of you do, so having the context makes everything much better.

Yes, I know it's not hard to highlight the ride name and hit search, but you've saved me a small bit of effort, and I appreciate it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, khadro said:

I just wanted to say thank you for putting links to the rides you're talking about. And the same to everyone on here that does that. I don't have the seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of rides and manufacturers that a lot of you do, so having the context makes everything much better.

Yes, I know it's not hard to highlight the ride name and hit search, but you've saved me a small bit of effort, and I appreciate it.

You're welcome mate! Good hearty discussion is what we're all about and the best way for everyone to join in on the chat (especially those new to the site) is to make insight accessible instead of gatekeeping ideas, rumours etc. etc.

• Like 3

If were talking flat's I think a Screamin' Swing would be a good addition, get away from the spinning rides and focus on forces. But in my opinion it'd look bad to replace a big coater with a flat, I think a new coaster is on the cards, even if it is just a 4D Freespin

I agree no more DC theming for a while please! Mad Max, Matrix or 'Zilla/Monsters all logical with new movies to coincide. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thats actually a brilliant ride. It doesnt require any one IP- as you said its Movie related which is what our Movie World is in desperate need of!! Love the concept this would be an absolute winner!! Its an Intamin which is quality and the theming throughout looks excellent without being prohibitively expensive!! This is so new that RCDB still lists it as under construction!! Buy the rights and build a clone now!!

• Like 4

What a brilliant attraction and absolutely perfect for a movie park! There are so many details and they are all spot on. This was built in the old Looney Tunes River / Ice Age show building. Waaay better use of the space than a kids driving school and storage shed!

• Like 4

Usually, when someone suggests cloning something from overseas, its either been cloned 1000 times before or its mega expensive. This thing is supposed to open today, looks fantastic - and the only thing I can't find is the cost.

Is this feasible for MW to build? It would have been a great 30th anniversary launch, especially with all the nods to the parks history - gremlins, PASS, etc. Someone needs to tag every VRTP exec in this video daily until they build it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Naazon said:

As much as I love this ride, I don't think its a good Arkham replacement

Why is that though? 

Arkham was originally the parks signature 'large' coaster - big thrill. 

Then superman took the crown from the then Lethal Weapon. 

Then Rivals took the crown from Superman.

So what is Arkham's place? third best coaster in the park? it isn't even - I'd argue that Scoob comes in before Arkham, but that is all a matter of opinion anyway.

The park has for some time addressed big thrillriders needs, while ignoring, removing, or providing a half-baked effort for those with lesser needs. High capacity family attractions were lost with little or nothing to replace them. River ride was originally replaced with nothing, and then JDS as a very poor substitute. Not really something 'the whole family' can ride. 

For me, Arkham already has a replacement. The fact that Arkham's site wasn't used for that replacement doesn't matter. We have our big thrills, and as has been said already - trying to top Rivals is probably out of their reach - they simply can't afford to build something that would beat it - and why would you want to right now when Rivals is still regularly packed?

No, the Arkham site should be used for something with a wider age\height appeal, preferably something that is more immersive too.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Gazza said:

It doesn’t have to be bigger though, it just needs to cover new ground.

Eg Cedar Point followed Top Thrill Dragster with Maverick

Carowinds followed up Fury 325 with Copperhead Strike

Exactly my thoughts here as well. What type of coasters are not present at Movieworld? Things that have never been seen before in an Australian park.

Think an immersive spinner- either Mack or Maurer would fit the bill here and would still be an excellent attraction that would be unqiue in the Australian theme park landscape.

A flying coaster? We know the huge costs of B&M's which would make one of their models unlikely but the new Vekoma flying model has shown huge promise with the opening of FLY at Phantasialand and could well come into consideration on a cost to cost basis. Intamin still offer a suspended coaster model which could also be considered.

Would they go for something smaller? There are plenty of smaller coasters that pack quite a punch that could fit the bill- think Premier Skyrocket II here or the new generation Intamin vertical LSM.

There are so many coaster models out there that whilst not going to be considered bigger and better than DC Rivals, would offer something new to not only the park but to the themepark landscape in Australia- something unique. There are still many options for this new ground to be covered that any Australian park could capitalise on.

• Love it! 1

3 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Usually, when someone suggests cloning something from overseas, its either been cloned 1000 times before or its mega expensive. This thing is supposed to open today, looks fantastic - and the only thing I can't find is the cost.

Is this feasible for MW to build? It would have been a great 30th anniversary launch, especially with all the nods to the parks history - gremlins, PASS, etc. Someone needs to tag every VRTP exec in this video daily until they build it.

I’m obviously no expert but the reason I shared it is because I think it would be feasible for MW. Movie Park is also a small movie themed park, and you can tell it doesn’t have the budget for massive projects. This looks like it has taken out the cost of a big coaster and then funnelled that into theming. The theming also isn’t mind blowing in terms of effects, but they’ve done it cleverly so that the effects they do have makes the static scenes come to life. 

• Like 4

Would Arkham's plot be large enough to house a ride of this size though?

9 hours ago, Naazon said:

As much as I love this ride, I don't think its a good Arkham replacement

Gotta agree with @DaptoFunlandGuy and I've said as much before. The enthusiast in me would love to see another big, world-class thrill coaster to replace Arkham and if they ended up announcing, say, a Vekoma flyer or an RMC single-rail, I'd be pumped. What the park really needs, and what I'd be just as (if not more) excited for, is a really high-quality, themed family attraction. That's the big hole in MW's lineup.

@MARK28's suggestion would clearly be a great fit for the park. There's just the question of size and cost. I hadn't heard that Movie Park Germany was getting a new coaster until he posted this; perhaps this was drowned out by all the large-scale Intamin and RMC openings this year (including those that COVID pushed back from 2020).

Edited by CR4ZE
Grammar

4 hours ago, pin142 said:

Only two issues I can see is it isn't DC themed and it is themed to a level I doubt we will see locally again for some time however that is something I'd like to be proven wrong on.

Isnt the fact that it isnt DC themed one of the selling points and also why a ride like this should be added to Movieworld's lineup? It hearkens back to the long lost and much lamented original studio tour. If the park had the capability of installing theming on this level before ( think LTRR ,Gremlins and even Bermuda Triangle etc ) then if they had the desire why could they not add an installation at this level again?

38 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Isnt the fact that it isnt DC themed one of the selling points and also why a ride like this should be added to Movieworld's lineup? It hearkens back to the long lost and much lamented original studio tour. If the park had the capability of installing theming on this level before ( think LTRR ,Gremlins and even Bermuda Triangle etc ) then if they had the desire why could they not add an installation at this level again?

i think @pin142's tongue was firmly in cheek during that comment...

The only problem with a ride like this is that it is probably too similar to the parks other themed family coaster the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster and as such they would likely opt for a more unique attraction. But then again this logic didn't stop them from building Junior Driving School despite its similarity too Speedy Gonzalez Taxis.

10 hours ago, Park Fan said:

The only problem with a ride like this is that it is probably too similar to the parks other themed family coaster the Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster and as such they would likely opt for a more unique attraction. But then again this logic didn't stop them from building Junior Driving School despite its similarity too Speedy Gonzalez Taxis.

Not really, I mean it's launched and not a wild mouse.

Movie Park has a vanilla wild mouse already, plus that Gertslauer Van Helsing indoor coaster, which is like a wild mouse with banked turns. It never struck me that this coaster was similar to what they have already.

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic