Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can't know, but you already do and tell us that you know, then that's not really fair. It just makes no sense to give teasers to people in very vague descriptions when you're not even employed by VRTP or a website/page dedicated to sharing information about them. After all, if what your saying isn't true then we've just been led down a rabbithole of speculation which we didn't need to discuss

Edited by sansborgor

Here's the thing - if they are trolling you - then you're playing right into their hands.

if they aren't, then they're going about it in the worst way possible. This doesn't earn them any rep points. It's like me saying 'arkham will be replaced by a ride that may or may not be a coaster. And it may or may not be black, white, red, grey, pink, green, purple, orange or fuschia.'

If one of those things is right, i'm gonna stand on my soapbox and proclaim loudly how right I was... but its easy to hit the target with a shotgun from 5 steps away.

We've covered on these boards many times how much the "i know something but i can't tell you" crowd can just fuck right off so either way - just don't feed them?

So what I'm getting atm:

If you hold confidential information, don't share it. And if you do use the 'special list of dos and don't shares' (but it's recommended you don't share).

Either way, if you do, use SUBTLE hints to not share EXACT details, like:

"what colour will the track be?"

"oh idk, it beams with bold, bright and brilliant colour, silky flaked texture, dazzling on the side of a shiny coke can..."

1 hour ago, joz said:

I'm tempted to have that being a rule that we don't mention staff or management by name so you don't get the childish name calling and low key bragging that you get.

Nobody has been name calling and you might want to ask the person you are talking about here, to change his user name to Park Management.🤪 

Anyway, I have no problem if Parkz wants to change the rules on the trot but let be noted it has always been the way of Parkz.  Even from the very top.

“It's laughable how DeborahThomas was able to throw the Disneyland buzzword out there and distract people while saying exactly what yesterday's ASX release said. It is a transparently obvious attempt at damage control....................

There's a difference to posting in direct response to public comments to bashing someone behind their back or name dropping for the street cred, and I think anyone engaged in this in a good faith way can see that. You're allowed to say '<name> spoke to the media and said this. I agree/disagree with them' compared to just bringing someone's name up out of the blue to criticise them and things they've done.

FWIW I wasn't targeting you with the original comment, I actually forgot the name dropping was a thing you'd done till you reminded me by posting about it. It's been a thing on the board for the past few years and I don't like it. I've probably done it myself if you go back in time enough, but it has been a bit of a trend at different times for lots of people to do it, and I don't think it is either good or helpful.

On 29/07/2021 at 3:01 PM, New display name said:

I haven't come back to cause shit. 🙂

You don’t need to cause shit, there’s heaps of fodder on here without needing to involve yourself.

In regards to what to do with Arkham, I’d say pull it down, remove all the theming (whilst it was better than without it, a lot of it is just flat graphics). Let’s expand out the park footprint, there’s heaps of space and land around there, and if noise is an issue, put it in a building. 

• 2 weeks later...

From Bikash “We also have the brand new, tallest waterslide at Wet’n’Wild, obviously the Atlantis at Sea World with the Trident and the wooden coaster, and there are a whole bunch of things we have planned for when we re-open. You are in for a very big treat here Gold Coast.”

Maybe the big treat is the AA replacement?

https://www.mygc.com.au/watch-behind-the-scenes-with-village-roadshow-theme-parks-during-lockdown/

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

You heard it here first folks (Unless you are a cast member at one of the staff town hall meetings 😁)

Arkham will be replaced by <drumroll>  Dual Vekoma family boomerangs and a new suspended coaster.

two questions, 1) where did you get this information from? and 2) if this is the case, is it sort of similar to tripsdrill’s Vekoma STC and Family Boomerang? 

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic