Arkham asylum replacement theming??

22 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

You heard it here first folks (Unless you are a cast member at one of the staff town hall meetings 😁)

Arkham will be replaced by <drumroll>  Dual Vekoma family boomerangs and a new suspended coaster.

6024in.jpg

Jokes aside, I don't know how to feel about this announcement. I'm sure it will be well received but I really think that Movie World has a flat ride and people eater deficit. 

• Like 1

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

You heard it here first folks (Unless you are a cast member at one of the staff town hall meetings 😁)

Arkham will be replaced by <drumroll>  Dual Vekoma family boomerangs and a new suspended coaster.

Well I'm surprised it took this long to leak out considering it was the Town Hall in May 2021 😅

24 minutes ago, Dom said:

6024in.jpg

Jokes aside, I don't know how to feel about this announcement. I'm sure it will be well received but I really think that Movie World has a flat ride and people eater deficit. 

Probably exactly why they have gone with this ‘3 for the price of 1’ concept, to 100% tackle capacity. 

Whilst I agree flats would be good, hell so would a whole new kids area, coasters drive gate. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rappa said:

Probably exactly why they have gone with this ‘3 for the price of 1’ concept, to 100% tackle capacity. 

I feel they've jumped the shark if they're trying to tackle capacity. Roller coasters require a lot more resources than flats (I can already see the dualling coaster only having one side running in the off-peak) but you're right that they drive gate. 

Just now, Cactus_Matt said:

I've gotta be honest, I didn't even realise Vekoma still made suspended inverting coasters anymore. Hopefully it's a custom design/layout and not something 'off the shelf'.

If it's an SLC then it'd be one of three built from the ground up in the last decade with the last being in 2017. They've really fallen out of favour since the turning millennia. 

4 minutes ago, Slick said:

The big question - is it a family suspended coaster or a half decent proper suspended coaster?

Using the estimated capacities and track lengths that were mentioned in the town hall - you can work out the exact models straight from vekoma’s website as the model specs were just copied 

If this rumour is true, this might mean we will finally see the courtyard space be used properly; as in they will remove it and use it for these attractions. The issue will be that this area is used as the evacuation for Superman and Scooby and is used to access the fright nights mazes. But another suspended coaster and another kid/family coaster will be great additions. I don’t think we’ll see an announcement until later in the year once New Atlantis has opened. We might see the kids coaster open this year, but the larger coaster next year?

Just now, Park Addict 93 said:

Depends if you like The Joker and how well it is executed I guess 😏

Sounds like it's going to be an Arkham Asylum themed precinct with different villains as the rides, which I guess makes sense considering the theming that's already in place. Could tie into Doomsday as well. Interesting.

You can post anything you like. 

But that doesn’t mean that:

a) the self commissioned enthusiast police won’t attack you to protect the sacred honor of the parks policies

b) VRTP themselves won’t try and find staff responsible for violating their employment agreements and take action against them. 

So basically post what you wish at your own mercy/risk. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Depends if you like The Joker and how well it is executed I guess 😏

Movie World and Joker themed rides, name a more iconic duo trio.

PS, I think MW could have maybe one more large family flat (like a dumbo or NebulaZ type thing), but on the whole new flat rides never seem to draw crowds. Never waited more than one cycle for one in Aus. If you want flat rides, go to Aussie World I guess.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic