Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I'm sure new Vekomas are perfectly fine but I'd take a B&M over 3 vekomas any day.

Serious? Sorry mate I consider that a fairly ill informed comment.

There are loads of examples of just how good the new generation of Vekoma coasters actually are.

Think Lech coaster , think Abyssus , think the new STC at Tripsdrill , think the numerous new Vekomas opened or opening in China. They are producing some great rides and they are definitely cheaper than B&M’s. Realistically this I great bang for buck and is a great move for the park. Other thank LPS, name another Australian park which has opened 3 coasters all

at once? And these will be full sized coasters……

B&M’s are great rides but they have been discussed on these forums ad nauseum on why an Australian park will likely never get one…

I would take 3 new coasters like these over one B&M for a park like Movieworld…this is  a great move.

Also who says that the coaster will not be inverting? Surely this will be the duelling family boomerang model and the STC model similar to the setup at Tripsdrill? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Serious? Sorry mate I consider that a fairly ill informed comment.

There are loads of examples of just how good the new generation of Vekoma coasters actually are.

Think Lech coaster , think Abyssus , think the new STC at Tripsdrill , think the numerous new Vekomas opened or opening in China. They are producing some great rides and they are definitely cheaper than B&M’s. Realistically this I great bang for buck and is a great move for the park. Other thank LPS, name another Australian park which has opened 3 coasters all

at once? And these will be full sized coasters……

B&M’s are great rides but they have been discussed on these forums ad nauseum on why an Australian park will likely never get one…

I would take 3 new coasters like these over one B&M for a park like Movieworld…this is  a great move.

Also who says that the coaster will not be inverting? Surely this will be the duelling family boomerang model and the STC model similar to the setup at Tripsdrill? 

I'd hardly call two of the same family coaster and boomerangs at that "full sized coasters", that seems fairly "ill informed" to me.

I completely understand why they're doing it, Australian theme parks are always trying to get the click bait Average Joe punter to take notice and adding ~three new roller coasters~ is about as good a click bait they can get without having to spend B&M money. 

24 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I'd hardly call two of the same family coaster and boomerangs at that "full sized coasters", that seems fairly "ill informed" to me.

That was more in reference to LPS adding 3 new coasters , however one of them is a kiddie coaster and not full sized. And make no mistake, the Vekoma Boomerang model may be designated a family coaster , however they are still regarded as being full sized coasters versus being kiddie coaster models. Just because a coaster isn’t regarded as a thrill coaster doesn’t mean it ISN’T a full size coaster for the whole family.  

30 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

I completely understand why they're doing it, Australian theme parks are always trying to get the click bait Average Joe punter to take notice and adding ~three new roller coasters~ is about as good a click bait they can get without having to spend B&M money

Agree 100% and you just answered your own post on why having these 3 Vekomas is a better choice than one B&M.

2 minutes ago, Jobe said:

That was more in reference to LPS adding 3 new coasters , however one of them is a kiddie coaster and not full sized. And make no mistake, the Vekoma Boomerang model may be designated a family coaster , however they are still regarded as being full sized coasters versus being kiddie coaster models. Just because a coaster isn’t regarded as a thrill coaster doesn’t mean it ISN’T a full size coaster for the whole family.  

Agree 100% and you just answered your own post on why having these 3 Vekomas is a better choice than one B&M.

Better for business not better for anything else. Plus there was no need to "answer" my previous post, I was just expressing my personal preference, you were the one who thought it needed "answering" and going as far as calling an opinion "ill informed".

17 minutes ago, New display name said:

So where's the part they show us nobody will be able to compete with them.

It'll just be "Movie World has the most roller coasters of any theme park in Australia!" Which is already true, but having 8 roller coasters instead of 5 is something no other theme park in Australia will ever be able to contend with short of a Six Flags park appearing in the country.

2 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Better for business not better for anything else. Plus there was no need to "answer" my previous post, I was just expressing my personal preference, you were the one who thought it needed "answering" and going as far as calling an opinion "ill informed".

Get that it was your personal preference. Not a problem with that at all mate. It’s your opinion- I respect that. However, you did post your “personal preference “ on a public forum and that is the function of them- to discuss the subject at hand. I responded to it with my own opinion - one which you have actually agreed with me. If you don’t want your opinion or view answered then perhaps don’t post where it can be? I don’t know what else to say? 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

It'll just be "Movie World has the most roller coasters of any theme park in Australia!" Which is already true, but having 8 roller coasters instead of 5 is something no other theme park in Australia will ever be able to contend with short of a Six Flags park appearing in the country.

Again agree 💯 here. This is exactly what the park management will be thinking and it will be the perfect response to Streel Taipan. The general public will also be positive about it- come on who isn’t going to like having 3 new coasters coming to your local park all at once? It’s a marketers dream and will really place pressure on Dreamworld  on how they respond.

1 minute ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Better for business not better for anything else.

To be fair, theme parks are businesses. I wish our parks were more idealistic but they are not and likely never will be. If slapping down three coasters makes them big bucks even with the possible problems it could create down the track then ultimately it's Movie World who will have the last laugh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

When does having the most coasters mean you have a great theme park?

2 hours ago, Dom said:

If it's an SLC then it'd be one of three built from the ground up in the last decade with the last being in 2017. They've really fallen out of favour since the turning millennia. 

They have replaced SLC's with STC's now. Different train, different restraints, different wheel carrier design. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

Whilst i'm not overly thrilled with the choices at the same time they do make sense to me. Sure I would have liked to see another big coaster like a B&M replace AA this is probably a much better use of the space.

I agree while B&Ms can be great there are so many other options out there that provide ride experiences that are similar or better than B&M and cost a fraction of the price. Movie World is going to get more bang for the buck with this decision.

• Like 1

Just now, New display name said:

@Gazzacompared with AA it looks like the layout has gone backwards.

Not when the ride experience is so much better than what the SLC’s offered. 
However the SLC’s layout , despite the track and original trains shortcomings, is quite a good layout.

Checkout the Great Nor Easter at Morey’s Pier which has had new trains and retracting to fully realise the potential of the SLC layout. The STC is just the next evolutionary step.

10 minutes ago, New display name said:

@Gazzacompared with AA it looks like the layout has gone backwards.

Bruh it has a zero g roll, that alone makes it better than Arkham imo.

Also more fast turns and transitions. Arkham had that helix at the end which it kind of just cruised around.

Edited by Gazza

It will all come down to the theming and elements they put in and around the rides. we’ve all learnt that artistic impressions are not necessarily (and rarely in-fact) a reflection of the final product.

i think the generic layouts pulled from vekoma’s website however are positive and adding 3 more family attractions, and being coasters I think that’s a massive positive. Being able to offer 5 family coasters, on top of WWF and JL gives MW a big jump on rival parks for the families with 7-12 yo kids/young teen market 

20161E00-A75B-47DC-8F40-AFA1B059296B.jpeg

1B2CD455-DDB3-48C4-91D4-5619FFD1F8DF.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Bruh it has a zero g roll, that alone makes it better than Arkham imo.

Also more fast turns and transitions. Arkham had that helix at the end which it kind of just cruised around.

Yes we can name every element on a coaster but when you run an ad on tv how are you going to show which coaster is better.  Does your commercial start with one dude telling another dude.  "Bruh it has a zero g roll" 

@Brad2912it's funny how families don't start until you are 7.

3 minutes ago, New display name said:

but when you run an ad on tv how are you going to show which coaster is better.

I was addressing your comment that the layout seems to have gone backwards, which I disagree with.

If I went to a park and it had a normal SLC layout and the Tripsdrill one, I'd go ride the Tripsdrill type one first because its got better flow and elements.

• Like 1

Obviously for TV you run an add with a crazy amount of footage cut between the 3 coasters which will look like a massive attraction, have forwards and backwards, and likely dueling moments. 

I’ve got no doubt if this is the new addition then 90% of the park’s potential customers will see whatever ad they put out and think it’s awesome. 
As I mentioned in another thread I couldn’t care less about thread bare statistics of fastest coaster this side of Nerang of any of that crap. A solid ad that makes the ride(s) look awesome will go a long way. 

As will no doubt some sort of inevitable tag line of Village Parks, home of Australia’s best coasters!! (Which will make me cringe, but it’ll work)

Edited by rappa

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic