Arkham asylum replacement theming??

33 minutes ago, joz said:

Movie World need to add more family friendly attractions. Unless  they propose to do so. In which case they suck and they should have got a bigger thrill coaster.

If you're replacing a thrilling roller coaster like AA with family attractions, that's the issue. If this were a replacement for Loony Tunes River Ride then there'd be no issue. Obviously the park might have plans for a more thrilling roller coaster a long way off in the future but the fact they're putting in three roller coasters and none of them are big impact thrill rides makes it even less likely we'll see an impactful coaster any time soon.

But at the end of the day it's all about expectations and desires, this is absolutely smart business for Movie World and for families but until I see how well themed the area is this "announcement" is a little underwhelming. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Cactus_Matt said:

If you're replacing a thrilling roller coaster like AA with family attractions, that's the issue. If this were a replacement for Loony Tunes River Ride then there'd be no issue. Obviously the park might have plans for a more thrilling roller coaster a long way off in the future but the fact they're putting in three roller coasters and none of them are big impact thrill rides makes it even less likely we'll see an impactful coaster any time soon.

But at the end of the day it's all about expectations and desires, this is absolutely smart business for Movie World and for families but until I see how well themed the area is this "announcement" is a little underwhelming. 

100% it's underwhelming for me because after they add these 3 new coasters MW will still give me no reason to buy my daughter a pass.

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It won’t be inverting… 

Hang on. Is this 100% legit?

Why would you put in 2 family (albeit dueling) Boomerang coasters and then surround it with….another family coaster??

That seriously makes no sense. Of course the new Vekoma STC coaster is what is needed here. Surely Movieworld can’t be THAT stupid? 
Look at the success of the install at Tripsdrill. That looks amazing and by all accounts rides fantastic.

As a direct replacement for AA then it makes complete sense. To have a non inverting coaster  as well as the other 2 family coasters is quite frankly an astonishingly unbalanced decision.

I sincerely hope that this is not true. 

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Hang on. Is this 100% legit?

It’s a family duelling boomerang and a family suspended. No inversions. 

1 hour ago, Cactus_Matt said:

If you're replacing a thrilling roller coaster like AA with family attractions, that's the issue.

Really you are replacing nothing with family attractions.

AA has been SBNO for long enough that the GP are not thinking “they are replacing this with that” but that you are adding 3 new rides 

• Like 1

I mean, we'd all love a thrill ride for a thrill ride, but when was the last time MW added a new major family-friendly ride? Junior Driving School was 2014. That's a long time between drinks. Lately it's seemed like all of MW's big new investments have been thrill rides - and they weren't replacements for retiring rides, they were just straight up additions to the lineup.

MW really doesn't have anything for the market of "too old to enjoy the carousel, too young to go on Scooby-Doo or WWF". A couple of family-friendly coasters could do the park a world of good. I just hope they bother making the precinct well-themed.

EDIT: They don't have *much* for that market. No hate to Road Runner or JL intended.

Edited by jhunt2
rephrasing

Welp.

SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
In their personal use of Social Media, a team member must not:-

Disclose any confidential information of VRTP (such as financial data, attendance figures, budgets, future attractions / facilities, safety or maintenance performance / procedures etc) nor publish ‘back of house’ photos (images taken in areas guests are not able to access). This also includes information gathered during confidential team meetings, including Town Hall, company FB page etc.;

BREACH OF POLICY
Depending on the severity, a breach of policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and
including termination of employment.

If @Village Idiot is a team member, uhh-

If not, then congrats you know lmao

I'm pretty mixed on what Village plans to build.

The two family boomerangs are great additions, I really like the dueling layout and that Village hasn't just gone for 2 of the base model mirrored side to side. It's definitely something much needed in the DC corner given that all that families can ride in that area is Justice League, otherwise they have to go to Scooby/WWF/WB Kids.

But a suspended family coaster rather than something like Hals Uber Kopf is quite lacklustre. MW missed the opportunity of building something that's right in between Green Lantern and Scooby/WWF (and can also be a decent AA replacement), and something that can be classed as above the family boomerangs, not on par with them. A custom inversionless STC on the scale of Arkham built on top of the family boomerangs would have been an easy slam dunk. Not something that in my opinion will draw comparisons to Madagascar.

Edited by Baconjack

9 hours ago, rappa said:

You can post anything you like. 

But that doesn’t mean that:

a) the self commissioned enthusiast police won’t attack you to protect the sacred honor of the parks policies

Well @Im Hungry there always has be one. Congratulations.

I'm ok with having two family coasters as long as the area and theming is good. 

Edited by TomiJ

33 minutes ago, Rivals said:

aren’t the new generation Vekoma Suspended Family Coasters only able to run one train? the lines for this thing will be horrendous if that’s the case, hopefully they last minute changed their mind and decent to upsize the coaster, that’s very unlikely though

Doesn’t matter how many trains it can run, most of the times seems Superman and Rivals run 1 train each. 

39 minutes ago, Rivals said:

aren’t the new generation Vekoma Suspended Family Coasters only able to run one train? the lines for this thing will be horrendous if that’s the case, hopefully they last minute changed their mind and decent to upsize the coaster, that’s very unlikely though

That just means cycle times won’t change between peak and off-peak…. 

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic