Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rivalsrunning 2 trains isn't always effective with shorter coasters.  I tried out the new trains on Road Runner the other week and it was running 2 trains.  We spent more time sitting in the block brakes than time travelling through the ride while we waited fo the other train to depart the station.

It's rare that I say Village should be taking notes from a certain park down the road on this, usually it's the other way around

Also its peak Australia to not expect 2 train services as standard. The fact that Superman and Rivals are only running 1 train in peak season is an embarrassment. Superman I didn't even see 2 trains on it pre covid either. Any major attraction at a park with the patronage that MW gets needs to be capable of pumping through guests, full stop

Edited by Baconjack

23 minutes ago, Tim Dasco said:

I wonder if we see them add a spinning seat to the second train to solve this issue, if the spinning seat proves to be popular and a money maker.

the just always keep the spinning train on if it is only one train operations, this is easier as well as the spinning train needs to be parked in the station over night so the spinning seats can be charged 

Edited by Rivals

15 hours ago, Smol bean said:

If they are able to they should do something with the other half of the LTRR space. They should put a few small flats in LTRR space and a bigger flat on the speedy plot.

The other half of JDS is used as maintenance storage, and since LTRR was removed the park has aquired a load of new assets that don't like the weather so much. I don't see them losing that space to attractions unless a big shed gets built elsewhere on the property.... and why bother?

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That just means cycle times won’t change between peak and off-peak…. 

You don't think they can reduce operations requirements to run on less staff during the quiet times?

Rollercoasters designed for 3-5 operators can technically function on 1-3 with the right doubling of duties and bypasses of enabling consoles.

9 hours ago, Baconjack said:

The fact that Superman and Rivals are only running 1 train in peak season is an embarrassment. Superman I didn't even see 2 trains on it pre covid either. Any major attraction at a park with the patronage that MW gets needs to be capable of pumping through guests, full stop

Any park the world over who has had unexpected maintenance issues right before or in the middle of their peak trade sometimes has no other option. We've seen the trains in maintenance bays in pieces for months. We saw rivals cobbled together before christmas with numerous rows out of service. Somethings up in maintenance land and I get the impression they've tried to service as many seats as they can, but it wasn't enough.

Just now, Gazza said:

The reset mechanism  motor uses supercapacitors that need charging.

Don't the capacitors get charged every time they enter the station though? And wouldn't the maintenance bay have similar charging facilities?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rivals said:

ST moves onto a one train op once the crowds are getting quieter and most cycles are empty, not when the carpark is filled to the brim with 2-3 hour waits

Well seems that investment has really paid off for the park then in terms of bringing in the crowds. 

17 minutes ago, rappa said:

Well seems that investment has really paid off for the park then in terms of bringing in the crowds. 

You don't think Covid and the weather are causing all parks to have lower numbers?

I haven't driven past MW once and seen people parked on the grass like every other year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pin142 said:

Can't charge people $20 to skip the queue if there is no queue.

Try $40 😏

90BE7B8A-5DB6-4157-BBE1-43C827A21C93.thumb.jpeg.345a299e5220a16bebc5f1d069ec9299.jpeg

22 minutes ago, rappa said:

They have also been having 4 staff check restraints on each train, on days I have visited where the crowds warrant it (more than 15m waits with both) they have kept 2 trains on all day. They also have been running both sides on Giant Drop.

I think it’s a conscious decision to ensure guest satisfaction, while  VRTP are happy to have your family wait for hours while “VIP” are given unlimited fast track wristbands or the general public can pay $$ to skip.

In my opinion when your major coaster is operating with over 10 seats out of order and the wait is in hours you don’t sell excessive  Fast Track access.

Edited by Park Addict 93

Totally off topic 😂😂ST was a walk on yesterday for the most part. When I left around 1230, both trains still being used but we're being sent with only 4-8 riders each train. Sky Voyager had a two cycle wait but enjoy the indoor queue and the video featuring the woman I havnt seen before in the second preshow.

Also I remember some talk here of a weight limit in SV. noone was questioned in our party and we had some big builds there 😂

Edited by aussienetman

39 minutes ago, rappa said:

well when you have 4 staff checking the restraints, trains leaving the station as the other one reaches the break run and 60 people being lined up to be loaded at one time, the lines are going to be significantly shorter. If they used Rivals Loading Procedure (slow dispatches, loading up the gates when the train arrives in station), the line would be over double the amount of time then it currently is. When it moved to one train the wait ended up being around 25mins which just proves the line only moves so fast due to their two train procedures

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, New display name said:

You don't think Covid and the weather are causing all parks to have lower numbers?

We have to pick one. Someone said that DW only move to one train op when park numbers a low, but MW do it when the whole place is jammed. 
So are all parks dead or not?

I’m all for comparing parks, and I say 1 train op for a busy park is crap. But can’t keep having this two different rules comparisons (not that I’m accusing you personally of doing that). 

3 minutes ago, rappa said:

Someone said that DW only move to one train op when park numbers a low

They also said DW had a full carpark and 2-3 hour waits. They only said 1 train on taipan when it was quiet.

Perhaps MW is jammed because they only have one train all day due to maintenance problems and seats locked out, and so they can't clear the queue to get a quiet afternoon because they don't have spare capacity whereas Dreamworld does have spare capacity?

We can spitball all we want. It ISN'T as busy as a usual summer. Covid AND weather are playing that part. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rappa said:

We have to pick one. Someone said that DW only move to one train op when park numbers a low, but MW do it when the whole place is jammed. 
So are all parks dead or not?

I’m all for comparing parks, and I say 1 train op for a busy park is crap. But can’t keep having this two different rules comparisons (not that I’m accusing you personally of doing that). 

DW isn't dead. ST is the best run coaster on the coast at the moment.  DW also has additional things going on that help reduce the crowds on each attraction.

32 minutes ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Tom and Jerry theme would work for the dueling boomerang. Probably ends up two face themed.

I sincerely hope they don't do joker, or two face, or anything DC.

Literally, Arkham had a joker statue out the front and Joker in the VR footage, and then there's another Joker figure in the DC Villains precinct, and then to complete the trifecta there's the Joker sign on top of DC Rivals (And some guests even just call it "Joker Coaster". And i get Batman/Joker merch sells well, but how much of a long term strategy is "Lets do do Batman or Joker rides because it did well last time"? Need to branch out and appeal to guests with other tastes.

I wouldn't mind Tom & Jerry for the boomerang, makes sense, but where does that leave the Suspended coaster?

Maybe matrix themed, but the coasters are pretty tame for that theme, and from what I've heard the new  film is average.

Maybe Mad Max? The two boomerangs could be some sort of pursuit and the suspended an overhead villain.

My out there idea is Sonic for the suspended (And Knuckles and Tails for the boomerangs). There's a new movie coming out, and Alton Towers have had a Sonic themed coaster for years.

image.jpeg.6e825f728baa3222c17fb1875dbff6c2.jpeg

In terms of being a coaster, It themes itself since the games were literally about this:

image.png.08792db83a641f87e830965aef247305.png 

Checkerboard pattern on the paving around the ride. Done!

Edited by Gazza

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic