Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like they’re going to end up recycling the Arkham Courtyard and just using DC Villain Themes, Such as the Suspended Coaster queue line being in the same Queue Line As Arkham (imo this would be a great move as long as they refresh the inside a bit and add air conditioning, an indoor air conditioned queue for a family coaster is a great move as families are willing to wait longer in aircon) with a Joker Theme (sadly) and the vekoma boomerang most likely being Two Face Themed.

19 minutes ago, Gazza said:

My out there idea is Sonic for the suspended (And Knuckles and Tails for the boomerangs). There's a new movie coming out, and Alton Towers have had a Sonic themed coaster for years.

I think that’s a fantastic suggestion. It won’t happen, but it’s a great concept and idea and something I hope they consider theme wise in the future. Sonic is a massive property that is generational now. 

the new rides will retain DC theming, and at least on the case of the dueller will be villain based 

What about Scooby Doo as the area is adjacent to the spooky coaster. But I think as we are all expecting, it will be DC themed and either different villains or different heroes. And it wouldn’t surprise me if the duelling are Batman and joker again. 

Edited by themagician

20 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

If you're replacing a thrilling roller coaster like AA with family attractions, that's the issue. If this were a replacement for Loony Tunes River Ride then there'd be no issue. Obviously the park might have plans for a more thrilling roller coaster a long way off in the future but the fact they're putting in three roller coasters and none of them are big impact thrill rides makes it even less likely we'll see an impactful coaster any time soon.

100% spot on. 

20 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

I mean they did just build rivals and green lantern as thrill coasters that didn’t replace existing rides. So they could still remove AA to replace with family rides.

Did just build Rivals and Green Lantern? Rivals opened in late 2017- nearly 4 years ago and Green Lantern in 2011-approx 11 years ago. They have hardly just been built........

16 hours ago, Rivals said:

wouldn’t be disappointing if it was 2 family coasters and then a Vekoma STC but if it really is their family suspended coaster they really missed an opportunity :(

100% spot on again. This is really disappointing....

18 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

It’s a family duelling boomerang and a family suspended. No inversions. 

Sorry but completely dumb decision......

18 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Really you are replacing nothing with family attractions.

AA has been SBNO for long enough that the GP are not thinking “they are replacing this with that” but that you are adding 3 new rides 

Sorry I disagree entirely here- that is a load of poppycock. Just because AA has been SBNO for an extended period of time is ANYONE going to be thinking that. People still remember AA and what ride it was- an intense inverted and thrilling coaster. Its still in plain view for all to see. Once it is torn down and replaced with 3 "family" coasters then there will be angst , mark my words. It will be a general feeling of being underwhelmed thats for sure. 

However if Movieworld's plans included the STC Vekoma model then the GP would see a direct replacement for AA and 2 NEW family coasters- much better than what was there before. As it stands, the plans are extremely underwhelming and are a completely missed opportunity.....

16 hours ago, Baconjack said:

I'm pretty mixed on what Village plans to build.

The two family boomerangs are great additions, I really like the dueling layout and that Village hasn't just gone for 2 of the base model mirrored side to side. It's definitely something much needed in the DC corner given that all that families can ride in that area is Justice League, otherwise they have to go to Scooby/WWF/WB Kids.

But a suspended family coaster rather than something like Hals Uber Kopf is quite lacklustre. MW missed the opportunity of building something that's right in between Green Lantern and Scooby/WWF (and can also be a decent AA replacement), and something that can be classed as above the family boomerangs, not on par with them. A custom inversionless STC on the scale of Arkham built on top of the family boomerangs would have been an easy slam dunk. Not something that in my opinion will draw comparisons to Madagascar.

Absolutely hit the nail on the head here spot on yet again. Great comment and I 100% agree with everything you have stated here mate.

17 hours ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

Yep shite

Sums it up very well....

18 hours ago, New display name said:

I thought your comment about the new coasters being able to compete with ST was a bit strange.🤣

Yeah you got it. Like Gazza I thought it was the Vekoma STC model and this would very much be able to compete with ST as a response. Now....well Dreamworld can breathe a little easier as these plans do nothing to reach the same level of impact that Steel Taipan has had. Dreamworld would be smiling at this news i reckon- it gives them time to follow up ST with another attraction of the same impact.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rivals said:

i feel like they’re going to end up recycling the Arkham Courtyard and just using DC Villain Themes, Such as the Suspended Coaster queue line being in the same Queue Line As Arkham 

Possibly, but looking at the layout of the suspended coaster there's a station fly over so that may make it difficult/unaffordable to retro fit the old station

Here's the layout of the double boomerangs based on the ones at Wildpark Emmen.

emmenboomerangs.jpg

So you probably could snake a custom invert around the rest, and even have a station fly through.

I don't think you'd be able to do the standard SFC layout threaded through, would need to be custom.

The following is just speculative, there's of course heaps of land behind scooby if you wanted to do a really long layout.

image.png.1e34153fd3a78f701ae1b3578b917e2d.png

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 5

if the ride did use the old Queue and Station Building for Arkham then i mean at least it would give them space to add a transfer track and a second train to help with capacity, given the ride would have to be custom it could definitely be a longer layout meaning the problem of waiting longer on the break run then going through the course of the actual ride would be eliminated. 

Also, if the Suspended Coaster isn’t going to be a Thrill Coaster with no inversions, where is the next possible area for the parks next thrill coaster? Arkham was their looping coaster which means the next Thrill Coaster would definitely need to fill that gap 

I can’t see them reusing the station/queue building and I don’t think they should. It’s a very old building now and has unused space from when it changed the LW to AA and they removed the pre show and external queue. It feels old. They might stick with the AA theme and each coaster will be based on a villain (But if it’s family coasters, they might not want a prison theme). They did however refurbish the courtyard not too long before the ride closed and it still looks alright, it’s just a large underused space. 

26 minutes ago, Rivals said:

if the ride did use the old Queue and Station Building for Arkham then i mean at least it would give them space to add a transfer track and a second train to help with capacity

They could literally bulldoze the old buildings that are in the way, and build brand new station and queue buildings and still have space for transfer tracks and second trains. You're not making any sense.

Simply demolishing the outdoor ramp queue area out front of the old pre-show cinema would free up enough space for a decent flat in addition to the entire AA ride envelope still being available.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

I can’t see them reusing the station/queue building and I don’t think they should. It’s a very old building now and has unused space from when it changed the LW to AA and they removed the pre show and external queue. It feels old. 

Is that really a good reason?

Just re-theme it, then it wont look old.

Busch literally recycled the station for Big Bad Wolf into Verbolten and also an old Monorail station became the station for Cheetah Hunt.

image.thumb.png.925800727d9eee7e1ddaef8f1b8eaf0c.png

image.thumb.png.6b89719cc6263aaf68f2a46e05d2f5a0.png

image.thumb.png.bf6d2c5376be5d4e3b8151198b8ec81e.png

image.thumb.png.f39e1ee250c9889ecfccdc73b68dd5d3.png

SFMM are reusing the Green Lantern station for their new RMC Raptor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boyden Hingston-Muir said:

By the look of the artist impressions, the Suspended Family Coaster will be the 450 model, the same as Dragonflier at Dollywood. 

What artist impressions?

22 minutes ago, rappa said:

It wouldn’t be an enthusiast forum is we weren’t all debating the validity of a parks decisions with zero confirmation that they’ve actually made them 😛

I would love if MW was catfishing us.  🤣

7 minutes ago, New display name said:

What artist impressions?

Probably one that was shown to the staff, but I wouldn’t necessarily trust it. I saw an original artist impression for the wet n Wild expansion/new tower and what we ended up with looked nothing like the original imagery that weren’t ever published online.

• Like 2

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic