Arkham asylum replacement theming??

On 08/01/2022 at 12:47 PM, rappa said:

Well yeah I agree that almost counts. 
But imagine throwing a roll or something elsewhere in the layout? An opportunity for ‘my first inversion’ would be a huge hit for families. And really that’s what you want to be targeting, and if it’s fun also for adults then great. 
And I say this as a 38 year old with no kids. 

As a 39 year old that has a kid - let me just say - "goes upside down" is a huge barrier to entry. 

I get it, its a nice mid-step between kiddie and full thrill, but inversions are a huge chasm for people already unsure about riding... just something to consider.

• Like 2

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. I’m still working on getting an inversion into my kid (9). The concept is hard for them and it is a big step up. I’m working on the Gold Coaster as a first as it’s probably the most mild inversion. To be honest The Claw is a good intermediary to being inverted, but DW has that ridiculous rule that you have to be 10 to ride it… 

23 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

To be honest The Claw is a good intermediary to being inverted, but DW has that ridiculous rule that you have to be 10 to ride it… 

i don’t know why the weight and age restrictions are on the website as the operators at the park don’t actually check your weight or age, so it should be fine to take your kid onto it 

11 hours ago, Luke said:

If this 3x Vekoma off-the-shelf family coaster stunner deal is correct, it'll be interesting to see how they attempt to theme them. VRTP can't even theme 1 ride well these days. How will they ever theme 3 new coasters all at once? My guess is we'll see nicely presented shed-like stations, similar to Green Lantern or Rivals, with 2.5D cutouts of characters and flat graphic prints on the station roof/walls. I wonder if they'll create a new themed land precinct for the coasters?

Probably just another ride with a minimal theme (but 3 of them). Re-using elements from Arkham such as the courtyard and queue would be nice, but that's not going to happen, the entire area will likely end up getting razed and started over from scratch. 

I'd be happy with something on the level of Doomsday but my expectation is similar to Rivals. We are not going to get a ride themed on the scale of Batman Adventure or Justice League again. Given what the coasters are replacing, what they might be themed to and what's nearby, there may be some degree of integration into the DC Villains mini-area.

Edited by Baconjack

Just found an interesting video that covers a prediction on Arkham Asylum, been watching this guy’s channel for a while and he seems to give great advice towards future attractions in parks around the world. He also covers Luna, Seaworld and Dreamworld. Not trying to say his predictions or ideas are correct, but definitely going along the Vekoma Flying coaster path some of us have suggested recently and in the early days of predictions. Just an interesting watch imo, and cool to see a perspective coming from someone international.

2 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Just found an interesting video that covers a prediction on Arkham Asylum

This guys seem to mix the definition of “prediction” and “idea”.

this guy isn’t in Australia and has zero actual insight or knowledge of Aussie parks. 

he starts with “if I was running movieworld…” so anything after that - it’s not a prediction, it’s a thought. 

if he was titling his videos as “this is what I think would be cool!” then I’d be all for it, but just because a ride is being demolished and another rides footprint fits within it doesn’t make that a prediction (imo..) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gtmichaels said:

Just found an interesting video that covers a prediction on Arkham Asylum, been watching this guy’s channel for a while and he seems to give great advice towards future attractions in parks around the world. He also covers Luna, Seaworld and Dreamworld. Not trying to say his predictions or ideas are correct, but definitely going along the Vekoma Flying coaster path some of us have suggested recently and in the early days of predictions. Just an interesting watch imo, and cool to see a perspective coming from someone international.

Love theme park predictions. His videos are great. It's been a while since he did an Australian theme park one He usually posts quite far fetched ideas but alot of them have been partially correct. It gives a good perspective and some different ideas to think about which is why I enjoy his videos. 

Edited by Will S
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

This guys seem to mix the definition of “prediction” and “idea”.

this guy isn’t in Australia and has zero actual insight or knowledge of Aussie parks. 

he starts with “if I was running movieworld…” so anything after that - it’s not a prediction, it’s a thought. 

if he was titling his videos as “this is what I think would be cool!” then I’d be all for it, but just because a ride is being demolished and another rides footprint fits within it doesn’t make that a prediction (imo..) 

Absolutely agree with you. I tried to explain that I shared the video purely because I thought it was interesting to see his opinion, which is all it really is to me as well. Just his thoughts. But yeh, didn’t want to look like that guy who shares mis-information or anything lmao. 

2 hours ago, Will S said:

Love theme park predictions. His videos are great. It's been a while since he did an Australian theme park one He usually posts quite far fetched ideas but alot of them have been partially correct. It gives a good perspective and some different ideas to think about which is why I enjoy his videos. 

Right with you on that, love his videos, purely because it’s interesting to hear someone’s honest thoughts. I always take his predictions with a grain of salt (as I’m sure you do) but yes, I definitely enjoy his ideas and perspective. 

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

doesn’t make that a prediction

Actually anyone can make a prediction. Doesn't have to be realistic or based on fact. Weather reporters do it daily and are seldom right.

8 hours ago, Will S said:

alot of them have been partially correct.

So are psychics and palm readers mate. It's easy to be outlandish, throw a few realistic no-brainers that are open to interpretation or guaranteed to happen and you've got yourself a winner that is 'partially correct'.

On 13/01/2022 at 7:15 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

So are psychics and palm readers mate. It's easy to be outlandish, throw a few realistic no-brainers that are open to interpretation or guaranteed to happen and you've got yourself a winner that is 'partially correct'.

Like I said, it's a prediction and a bit of fun. They aren't meant to be taken to heart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic