Arkham asylum replacement theming??

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, CR4ZE said:

We highly doubted LPS would see a complete reinvestment. 😉

In the words of our modern-day oracle Justin Bieber, I will never say never.

To be fair those who were following the park for a while knew that the reinvestment plan was supposed to start with Hair Raiser, and that a large roller coaster was in the works for the last 10 years, however interactions with stakeholders (read: neighbours) prevented that project from getting off the ground until last year.

8 minutes ago, Dom said:

I know that the Sea World monorail is iconic, but my blue sky plan would be to take it out of the park and place it in their major precinct with AOS, Top Golf, Movie World and Wet N Wild because I just can't be bothered going over to that park and you'd get some awesome views.

Someday when Village finally recover from 2016 and 2020 and there's a nice big hotel and a promenade on-site somewhere I can totally see it being a thing. I'm sure some folks would balk at the asking price of a basic monorail, but having that inter-connect essentially strips Dreamworld of it's major marketing advantage (being able to easily park-hop).

That makes a lot of sense but you're right that the price of most of rapid transit systems are ungodly expense. The most realistic option I can see the precinct going with is a Bus Rapid Transit system (pictured below) that could easily be retrofit into the area to provide a good transport solution. However, I can also see them just not bothering when it costs them nothing to make people walk 15 minutes. 

Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) – Mercedes-Benz Buses

• Like 2

I think it depends what their target audience is for the planned hotel. If the hotel is designed mainly for tourists to visit their parks, then an interconnected system (including shuttle to SW) is required. If its for businesses, conferences and/or tourists for the GC and guests visiting their parks is an added bonus, then I think its not as likely.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Naazon said:

If the hotel is designed mainly for tourists to visit their parks, then an interconnected system (including shuttle to SW) is required.

Absolutely agree. For the resort to work the way they want then it needs to be a hub that makes its incredibly easy to get around Village prosperities. If they can keep people entrenched in their 'bubble' then they'll see huge success and this can be achieved by making a rental car redundant. Have a direct shuttle from the airports to the parks, have bag services so that your bags go directly to your room, etc. 

I think it's important as well for the resort to have rentable space for third-parties to have restaurants and bars to entertain those after a day in the parks. Chuck in a TGI Fridays, Bavarian, Steampunk Bar, etc. and you'd have a perfect mix to vibe out after a theme park day. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2022 at 2:49 AM, Cactus_Matt said:

I'm sure new Vekomas are perfectly fine but I'd take a B&M over 3 vekomas any day.

I'm late to this thread – but I'd just like to say that from my perspective the best coasters in the world right now are made by Vekoma. I'm salivating at the thought of one park getting three at the same time.

Like it or not, B&M make reliable crowd pleasers. They rarely push the envelope. 

The new Vekoma stuff is fantastic. F.L.Y. is an extreme example, but even stuff like Lech Coaster and Formula demonstrate that they're the ones leading the way right now.

6 hours ago, Noxegon said:

I'm late to this thread – but I'd just like to say that from my perspective the best coasters in the world right now are made by Vekoma. I'm salivating at the thought of one park getting three at the same time.

Like it or not, B&M make reliable crowd pleasers. They rarely push the envelope. 

The new Vekoma stuff is fantastic. F.L.Y. is an extreme example, but even stuff like Lech Coaster and Formula demonstrate that they're the ones leading the way right now.

i think it would be a lot more different if it was 1 Vekoma thrill coaster compared to 3 mild family coasters tbh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

i think it would be a lot more different if it was 1 Vekoma thrill coaster compared to 3 mild family coasters tbh. 

I just googled 'Family Movie' and among the results were the likes of Maleficent, Pixar's Onward, and the 2019 live action musical 'Cats'. 

We haven't seen a footprint, layout, POV or even artist's rendering yet. Maybe don't judge a book by the cover you haven't seen yet?

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I just googled 'Family Movie' and among the results were the likes of Maleficent, Pixar's Onward, and the 2019 live action musical 'Cats'. 

We haven't seen a footprint, layout, POV or even artist's rendering yet. Maybe don't judge a book by the cover you haven't seen yet?

i’m going off of what people have said in here, which is both attractions are clones and looking at the footprint and layout of those clones, plus the reactions of people who have ridden them, they are mild.

• Like 1

One of my favourite coasters of all time has a top speed of 51.5kmh, only just faster than the Road Runner Roller Coaster at 45.9kmh, but it feels SO much faster because of what the park did with it. It has a 'sister' ride too - built first, which only gets to 43.5kmh. Both of them would be considered 'thrilling' even though one of them is even slower than road runner...*

Even though concept art has proven sorely unreliable - i'm going to wait until I at least see what they try to sell before I write it off simply because some folk associate the manufacturer as being poor, or the existing model being mild.

If Hershey can relaunch their Vekoma boomerang as a new experience by adding a tunnel and theming it to Jolly Ranchers... anything is possible.

[spoiler] (The original californian space mountain, by the way - also worth noting the Orlando version is slower than RRRC at 43.5kmh) [/spoiler]

In very simple terms, what i'm saying is, just because a ride plonked onto a bare concrete slab without further accoutrements isn't considered to be anything special, it doesn't mean it can't be made special.

I'm not MW, so i'm not about to tell you "what MW would do" - the point is they could plus the clone into something special. 

If Aussie World can turn a standard Alpine Express into one of my favourite flat rides in Australia with little more than a dark room full of theatre fog and some scanners \ moving heads, i'm prepared to *wait and see* what MW can do before I write it off... which is the only point i've been making here.

In very simple terms, what i'm saying is, just because a ride plonked onto a bare concrete slab without further accoutrements isn't considered to be anything special, it doesn't mean it can't be made special.

I'm not MW, so i'm not about to tell you "what MW would do" - the point is they could plus the clone into something special. 

If Aussie World can turn a standard Alpine Express into one of my favourite flat rides in Australia with little more than a dark room full of theatre fog and some scanners \ moving heads, i'm prepared to *wait and see* what MW can do before I write it off... which is the only point i've been making here.

I mean the same can be said of Scooby, big box with lighting music and smoke, and I’m detecting a common thread between Space Mountain and Rock n Roll Rebel at Aussie World. It def makes it better.

But I don’t know how that applies to what they are building, its not the sort of coaster that lends itself to fitting neatly in a box.

look beyond the enclosed ride building and smoke machine. these are just examples. 

the point is - a ride plonked on a concrete slab in the middle of a carpark can be improved on without the actual ride model being modified or the layout being adjusted. It doesn't have to be fully enclosed. it doesn't have to be enclosed at all. 

As I mentioned - Hershey just 'plussed' their Boomerang by adding a tunnel. I think it's Japan that has a coaster launch "powered" by screams. There's a lot a creative can do without building a box around it.

I didn't study theme park 101, so i'm not the person to ask for specifics as to 'how' to plus a ride - the point is i've got eyes, and I can see plainly that turds can be polished, and even rolled in glitter. I'm happy to wait and see how much glitter they roll this in before I decide that it's shit.

As I mentioned - Hershey just 'plussed' their Boomerang by adding a tunnel. I think it's Japan that has a coaster launch "powered" by screams. There's a lot a creative can do without building a box around it.

i think everyone’s excited about Hershey’s boomerang because the tunnel apparently will have smell pods and every ride a different smell pod that smells like a jolly rancher will be going off and everyone interested to see what that’ll be like😭

but i do agree, even if it is family coasters so much can be done to make it so much better which hopefully they do. I mean just look at Scooby and wild west, the theming alone elevates the rides from being basic rides to now some of the best in the park

15 hours ago, Rivals said:

think everyone’s excited about Hershey’s boomerang because the tunnel apparently will have smell pods and every ride a different smell pod that smells like a jolly rancher will be going off and everyone interested to see what that’ll be like😭

At the speed that a train goes through the transition between the cobra roll and the loop, I can't imagine they're going to have much time to stop and smell anything!

• Richard changed the title to Arkham asylum replacement theming??
  • Richard locked this topic