Dreamworld’s Winterfest 2021

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Officially announced

71FF016D-8F57-47DF-85C4-3C1350B05F85.jpeg

The introduction of a greater array of f&b options to accompany the event is great 

3E169F6D-E0FC-475D-90C2-9799F98118F7.jpeg

D4FE87DB-B0E2-4F57-A15A-15C34E9B5496.jpeg

CA68CEAF-609B-48A4-9B56-B6AD45D77FB5.jpeg

8CE21A91-096B-4290-9D48-299D0B13CF9E.jpeg

There are also 2 night events coinciding with the Winterfest, and a VIP option for $89pp

6A89F503-5FBA-4DEF-9345-E493D0CCB8C1.jpeg

9FE1B3A3-A407-440E-B0D9-9D26BD4B3125.jpeg

All this announced on the day my Dreamworld pass expires... Time to buy a new one now I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the after dark tonigh for an hour of so, mainly just bc it was free, not too bad of an event. Lines pretty damn long for food, but pretzel was yum. Didn't do a whole lot, but enjoyed the atmos, lots of street performers around all seemed very friendly, and im just a sucker for theme parks at night - so pretty. So I enjoyed my little trip. I personally wouldn't have spent 30$ for a ticket, but then im not the target audience, great for the kiddo's i imagine. Just a sidenote, seemed like every child I saw was coughing their lungs up, wouldn't be surprised if i wake up with cold/flu/covid XD

3 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

I personally wouldn't have spent 30$ for a ticket

Given you stated you only stayed for an hour and didn’t do a whole lot I’m not sure how you judge that. 

3 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

Just a sidenote, seemed like every child I saw was coughing their lungs up, wouldn't be surprised if i wake up with cold/flu/covid

It’s winter. Most kids have coughs and colds. Asthma plays up in these conditions. If you wake up with a cold, it’s probably because you weren’t adequately dressed for a cold night. 

I went last night and thought I would add some thoughts. 

Positives 

+ great entry process, early entry was great

+ fantastic to see Dreamworld buzzing with a large crowd, people having fun and a vibe of excitement 

+ Winterville is a great little pop up, well themed and a perfect spot

+ The Winterfest sign was wonderful, the very front of the park looked wonderful

Some possible suggestions for going forward

+ The “central” entertainment was non existent, it was hard to tell if there were any shows or places to be at a certain time 

+ The lighting was lovely but there wasn’t enough “lighting entertainment” throughout the park

+ The ice maze is embarrassing

+ Was a shame Buzzsaw was not operating 

On 27/06/2021 at 1:07 AM, Brad2912 said:

Given you stated you only stayed for an hour and didn’t do a whole lot I’m not sure how you judge that. 

It's really easy - if you go to something, and can't find anything to keep your attention long enough to stay for more than an hour, then it's probably not worth your money.

Just because someone has a different opinion, you don't get to invalidate them just because you think that staying for 28% of the event runtime wasn't sufficient to determine their view on it.

The 2019 film 'Cats' runs for 1h50m and I watched precisely 0 minutes of it, and I feel i'm able to make a fair judgment. I don't need to watch more than 10 seconds of the Wiggles to know that their music isn't for me. 

Heck - @ejpdtd even acknowledged they weren't the target audience. SMH.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2021 at 1:07 AM, Brad2912 said:

Yeah exactly what @DaptoFunlandGuy said. I rode GD and feel like I saw everything on offer in my time there, as far as im aware there were no shows on offer, but I enjoyed the street performers and atmosphere. I wasnt going to do the ice slide or the ice skating but watched a few people doing so, looked fun for the kiddos as I mentioned. I really just went to get out the house and get a big pretzel and a beer, have been fangin a pretzel for a while lol, so I achieved that and enjoyed the theme park at night and don't regret checking it out as it was free, but if I had paid 30$ for it I wouldve been dissapointed myself even if i stayed for 4 hours.

• Like 2

I must say some of the staff working in the toboggan slide today were quite unprofessional. They just seemed unhappy to be there and one of them even cussed about something to the other operator before launching some kids down. They both seemed unhappy about something. Dreamworld staff are known to be very professional and excellent and most of the staff on the toboggan today really gave a depression mood to guests. Dreamworld aims to be a family friendly park and having a member of staff cussing about something in front of children does not reflect that. I know these staff members may have personal issues or are annoyed about something but that’s not an excuse to be unprofessional. There were some friendly and energetic staff members working at the front of the queue for the toboggan but that was it.

3 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

I must say some of the staff working in the toboggan slide today were quite unprofessional. They just seemed unhappy to be there and one of them even cussed about something to the other operator before launching some kids down. They both seemed unhappy about something. Dreamworld staff are known to be very professional and excellent and most of the staff on the toboggan today really gave a depression mood to guests. Dreamworld aims to be a family friendly park and having a member of staff cussing about something in front of children does not reflect that. I know these staff members may have personal issues or are annoyed about something but that’s not an excuse to be unprofessional. There were some friendly and energetic staff members working at the front of the queue for the toboggan but that was it.

Genuinely interested in knowing what Guest Service’s response was when you immediately raised this with them.