Rocky Hollow Log Ride Demolition - Dreamworld

• 1 year later...

Is it too early to let the speculations begin? Just kidding it’s never to early!!!

dreamworld is going to HAVE to add a water ride soon. I totally get why they haven’t yet but eventually it’s going to have to happen. Wether or not they should put one is the same location as the old log ride, not sure.  Almost better off opening that area up as an entrance/plaza for a future park expansion .  Not sure why but that plot of land has always felt like the perfect spot for a RMC single rail or ground up ibox.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, REGIE said:

Almost better off opening that area up as an entrance/plaza for a future park expansion

You can't expand north beyond the rocky hollow footprint because of Oaky Creek.

There's about 1.5 acres \ 6000sqm within the footprint, however as the train and BB Studios are no longer in that area (and blue lagoon is never coming back), you could theoretically expand into all of that space too - which would give you about 7.5 acres of land - about 31000sqm, which is about the size of main street, dreamland and ocean parade combined.

There's certainly room for a lot back there - but they haven't started on Rivertown yet, so don't be too hasty - this is probably surveying for a proposed development - and we've seen how many concepts never get off the artist's desk...

5 minutes ago, Whombex said:

Always thought it was weird that they just covered RHLR over in many places. Any future attraction there will need excavation & demo before construction.

Only if there's a section that needs a pier or footing here or there.

I see it as a bit half assed, but you see it in business everywhere; it's wasted money to excavate the entire old structure when you're only going to pave over it anyway.

10 minutes ago, Whombex said:

Always thought it was weird that they just covered RHLR over in many places. Any future attraction there will need excavation & demo before construction.

I think that was a quick and cheaper solution rather than digging it all up and doing ground works when they didn’t know what the future attraction would be. More effective to properly remove it when the time comes to construct a new ride. And what they’ve done is much better than leaving it visible to everyone when you walk past.

I saw on one of canobie coasters videos he replied to someone in the comments saying he felt “dreamworld could really use one of those intamin shuttle water coasters to give them a shuttle coaster again and a water ride”.         With surf rider Being rethemed to something most likely not surf/water related one of these would be a great fit and wouldn’t be to similar too surf rider.  This one’s beautiful track design is very unique too.

782BDE2F-E19A-4D3F-9F1E-C5A7CA599BF4.webp

3 hours ago, franky said:

Only if there's a section that needs a pier or footing here or there.

I see it as a bit half assed, but you see it in business everywhere; it's wasted money to excavate the entire old structure when you're only going to pave over it anyway.

From memory, parts of the Thunder River troughs got buried too. 

2 hours ago, REGIE said:

“dreamworld could really use one of those intamin shuttle water coasters to give them a shuttle coaster again and a water ride”. 

I've heard this a lot with Mack PowerSplash being put forward too, but I really don't agree. I've been on a PowerSplash and while I wouldn't describe it as intense, it's definitely a thrill ride. They're big, fast, and intimidating to look at for younger riders.

What Dreamworld lost with TRRR and RHLR is two great family water rides. Those were the two really brilliant rides that every family went on together, from the adults down to the kids. I don't think they have a ride like that currently, and I'd even say Jungle Rush might be a bit too much on the family-thrill end for families with smaller kids to do together. The closest I'd say they have currently to a "whole family ride" is Sky Voyager, but even that doesn't quite fit the bill.

For me, yes, they need a new water ride, but it needs to refill that family ride gap. There are so many better thrill coasters they could build than a PowerSplash or Intamin Shuttle Water Coaster, they don't need the water ride excuse for that if they want a new big coaster. They need a flume or a shoot-the-chute, preferably well-themed, to be the new ride that every family flocks to together on a hot summer's day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

If DW are already reluctant to add another water ride, I can't see them adding a water ride that is intentionally meant to feel unstable 

If Dreamworld add another water ride, it WILL be on a rail(s) with all motions fully controlled 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...