Rocky Hollow Log Ride Demolition - Dreamworld

Something DW could do is:

cricket-ball-display-box-kk310-20929-p.jpg
Sell collectible items from the ride enclosed in something like the picture.

They could be items such as a 5cm square of the conveyor belt, a smaller cut from a wooden beam in a memorable part of the ride, that sort of thing. If they had a set of say 4 items from parts of the ride, they could sell the set for a hundred or two, and make a little bot of money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whombex said:

They could be items such as a 5cm square of the conveyor belt, a smaller cut from a wooden beam in a memorable part of the ride, that sort of thing. If they had a set of say 4 items from parts of the ride, they could sell the set for a hundred or two, and make a little bot of money. 

Would be good if they tried to sell some of the old signage/boats and stuff like that. I'm sure there are many folks out there who wouldn't mind that sort of an addition to a man cave etc. Would make them seem a little bit desperate if they started selling chunks of conveyor belt though...

Edited by Aw hype
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Whombex said:

They had a much better opportunity to do that when Thunderbolt got tossed. I'm not sure many people are gonna go for pieces of a log flume. 

1 hour ago, Ashley Jeffery said:

As sad as it is to see, with the speed of the removal would an announcement for a replacement be closer then we think?

I don’t think so. I imagine the land there is going need to settle for a bit. 

I believe they are also clearing around Trolls Village, so it is good to see Dreamworld getting a clean up. 

• Like 3

You could say the same for Vikings at Sea World. I guess because of its age and it being built in house, the park didn’t want to take risks. They had already made modifications to the ride with the cage. There might have been some issues with the pumps/motors, but it is my understanding they definitely could’ve been replaced 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 1:59 AM, Aw hype said:

Could just be really uneducated, but was there actually any legitimate reason for the log ride to close? 

It depends on what you call legitimate. 

It was "homemade", and post-TRRR, there is a distinct lack of appetite for attractions designed in-house. 

That said, it has been said here previously that the ride could be upgraded by a reputable log flume manufacturer if the park had the appetite for it. New logs, a new logic system... the flume itself is likely the least of the problem and the water is already there. It's totally possible, and could have been done for much less than ripping it out entirely and having to repurpose the space into something that doesn't stick out like the proverbial thumb. 

So, was there a legitimate reason? Sort of but not really. Post TRRR, the safest course of action is to take no risks with water rides at all. 

On 29/05/2021 at 12:36 PM, themagician said:

Good to see they are saving some of the rustic theming from demolition. It would be good to see it placed in the Vintage Cars

I hadn't considered that, but Vintage Cars did have a bridge\tunnel thing once upon a time, didn't it? so if that can be reused for the cars, it's probably the most authentic theming they could have given it and much better than the carport out behind corroboree.

Take with a grain of salt, I did atleast, was at park today having a chat with GD op as I usually do because they always seem a bit lonely of weekdays. Mentioned that its crazy to see Rocky Hollow completely flat now, and she replied saying that its so sad, and so sad that they're not putting another water ride there because she loves the water rides in Summer. 

I didn't press any further, just a little taken a back by the comment, could she know what plans they have for the site?!

I wouldn't of expected DW to even know what they're doing with the site until it's surveyed etc, but the Op's comment makes me think we might see more than demolition sooner than we thought. 

Dreamworld actually has a pretty good selection of flats now. I think their recovery strategy should mostly be made up of coasters, refurbishing ABC world and expanding corroboreee (which I feel is what they might do where the log ride is). I still think they should be getting the Trolls license back. 

1 hour ago, ejpdtd said:

Mentioned that its crazy to see Rocky Hollow completely flat now, and she replied saying that its so sad, and so sad that they're not putting another water ride there because she loves the water rides in Summer. 

I wouldn't of expected DW to even know what they're doing with the site until it's surveyed etc, but the Op's comment makes me think we might see more than demolition sooner than we thought. 

Well maybe they are waiting to see the site after filled, are still in the process of deciding what to place there, water ride is being built elsewhere. Point is it most likely isn't confirmation of anything, would understand why it sounds like that though!

• Like 1