Looking for photos of the Bush Beast?

imperial

I just though I would share this link with you http://www.pcwjunkies.com/pcw/coasters/wbeast.htm It has excellent photos of Canada's Wonderland Wild Beast Roller coaster which is exactly the same as our own Bush Beast. You will also notice that when Wonderland Sydney was built alot of the themeing was just brought over from the Canadian park. (yes I know they were built by the same people) Just look at the pic that featuers an identical lake where bountys Revenge is located. Also for all those people who can't get the Wonderland Theme song out of thier head long after they get home.... its called "Wonderland" by a boy band group in the UK called 911. Anyway my last point... I know most people agree the bush beast has become very rough over the past few years but I've noticed the best way to ride it is in the RED Train just after heavy rain! I've never enjoyed BB so much. Front seat will always be my Fav!

Great photos, cheers for the link! :) I'm putting off the Wonderland Sydney gallery until around July when I'm down south again. The pictures I've got (about 20 or so) aren't of the quality I'm after - my last two visits in the past six months have both come on pretty miserable days. Does it irk anyone else that the Canadian version has been pretty well completely rebuilt to remove the trim brakes (aka bring-the-train-to-a-complete-halt brakes on Bush Beast), and they say it is better than when it was first built. I remember the Frenzal song for Dreamworld, not Wonderland, though I haven't seen a Wonderland ad here since 1999, so chances are I missed it. The only drug reference I can think of in that song was the opening line "Smoked a pack a' cigarettes before midday... Coughed up a lung around one", and that was in the softer intro (synonymous with Frenzal Rhomb's older stuff). It might be interesting to add that Dreamworld is still playing its 'Just for fun' theme song. It can be heard outside the IMAX theatre; it's only background music, so you can't hear it unless there's not too many people around. :)

Hey Richard, I agree w/you, the stop & go part of the Bust Beast is just awful, however, considering how much that thing shakes you about I think it's probably wise to have it to stop your neck from snapping on that banked helix at the other end. I still can't believe that someone hasn't been seriously hurt on that thing. When I rode it more than 15 years ago, you didn't stop at the top of the second drop & I might add, it was no where as rough a ride :shock:

The real problem I have with that brake, is its purpose is to act as a trim brake. As far as I can tell, it's not a block brake. The thing with trim brakes, is they're supposed to knock off a bit of speed to make the ride easier to maintain, less intense etc. That's obviously their use on Bush Beast. Look at any other ride with trim brakes. Most coasters however, put them say half-way down a drop, and knock off a bit of speed, not at the top, when the train's barely crawling along, and completely stop it for a second or two. I for one would rather see Bush Beast fixed up before any loopy-doopy mega-ultra coaster is added. Gravity Group or Great Coasters... we need you!

I'm sorry about my original post regarding pics of Canada's Wonderland's Wild Beast Woodie. I mentioned that it was the same as our own Bush Beast. After riding BB recently and getting a nice on ride photo I discoverd ours had a major difference. After the second drop on BB the track heads around to the fan turn then dives under itself to complete the rest of the circut. On CWonderland's Wild beast after the second drop the track dives under it's self then goes into the fan turn. Grizzly at another paramount park in the US also is named the BB twin but this ride also features the dive under the track before the fan turn. (This dive also has a tunnel) Other then that all coasters were made by the same company and are the same other then that piece of the circut. I guess our Bush Beast really is one of a kind!

Just like Thunderbolt at Dreamworld is one of a kind! ...thinking that this perhaps isn't necessarily a good attribute to have By all respects though, you have to admit that they are the same basic ride (even the most famous clone, Vekoma SLC, changes slightly depending on the year it was built). To compare the two, I've uploaded a picture intol the Photo Album. http://www.totalthrills.com/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=12 Compare it to: http://www.pcwjunkies.com/pcw/coasters/wb/wb14.htm

• 2 months later...
Guest Cokecool

I wish Wonderland went back to Paramount's, be cause now they have some exprence with theme parks and knows how to make them profit adbily. Just look at Kings Island, for years it could'nt make a good profit, but now it's in the top 20 most visited parks in the world! As for the Bush Beast, it needs some work. :rolleyes: :oops: :P