WNW maintenance

Tim Dasco

4 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Does changing the ride from Yellow to White improve the quality, value, or extent of the attraction?

No however, re painting the slides or rides does improve the quality of the attractions looks. A lot of WNW slides need some serious re painting to look bright and vibrant again. Constrictor was pretty bad in shape as is Tornado and Aqua Loops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

No however, re painting the slides or rides does improve the quality of the attractions looks. A lot of WNW slides need some serious re painting to look bright and vibrant again. Constrictor was pretty bad in shape as is Tornado and Aqua Loops.

emphasis on Aqua Loop, that thing looks horrible.

11 hours ago, rappa said:

It 

It does if you hate yellow and prefer white :)

I like yellow and hate white. Definitely diminished the experience for me. A white water slide is going to be a bitch to keep clean.

11 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

Repainting Superman made it look better - but that was only compared to the condition it was in prior to the painting after more than 15 years baking in the sun. It looked like new - which is to say, it was returned to it's opening state, rather than any enhancement. 

10 hours ago, Rivals said:

emphasis on Aqua Loop, that thing looks horrible.

You can't paint aqualoop. this particular point has been discussed many times, the slide is translucent, and painting it will pretty much turn it into the black hole with loops.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

You can't paint aqualoop. this particular point has been discussed many times, the slide is translucent, and painting it will pretty much turn it into the black hole with loops.

They should give it the Aqua Racer treatment and replace the slides so they look new, it’s probably the biggest eye sore across the village properties which says something 

1 hour ago, Rivals said:

They should give it the Aqua Racer treatment and replace the slides so they look new, it’s probably the biggest eye sore across the village properties which says something 

Aqua Racer was built in 1997. They replaced the slide pieces in 2017.

Aqualoop was built in 2010. By that metric you've got another 8 years to wait for replaced pieces. 

Its a cosmetic issue. It doesn't affect the operation of the attraction and theme parks on the gold coast aren't exactly well known for fixing things just because they don't look cosmetically pleasing. 

If you think some sun-faded slides are the biggest eye sore across village properties, you're walking around with your eyes shut.

49 minutes ago, joz said:

So just to get this right, we're bashing them for painting things AND for not painting things at the same time?

no one bashed them? just said aqualoop is an eyesore which if you go to the park, it is.

1 hour ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

If you think some sun-faded slides are the biggest eye sore across village properties, you're walking around with your eyes shut.

imo it’s definitely one of the biggest cosmetic eyesores it looks awful, but you’re right there definitely is worse stuff.

3 hours ago, New display name said:

Bloody hell, I think I need to get my eyes checked.  When I went past on Sunday I thought it was red & yellow.😵

Yes when I went past last week (at night) those parts were white (with primer I guess is what I saw), they’ve since completed those parts in yellow when I passed this morning.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...