WNW maintenance

Tim Dasco

anyone know why SurfRiders height restrictions are higher then the other installations around the world? other installations only have a height requirement of 48” (122cm) or 52” (132cm) compared to ours being 140cm? possibly that’s why they decided to install at wet n wild instead as that height restriction is a better fit for that park?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, themagician said:

Kaboom is currently closed until further notice

E32CDBC1-36E0-4E39-A7A1-1D7D181E330F.thumb.jpeg.db1ec48db82b089306b3b722752595d3.jpeg

Was at WNW the other day, one of the double barrel attendants said kaboom had been closed for a few weeks because they’re waiting on parts from overseas and a rep from the manufacturer needs to come over to assist/inspect the slides. Unsure as to the specific issue but they said they’re hoping to reopen it next week at the earliest. 

Edited by mssveattck
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ejpdtd said:

What’s going on with the new slides? Went the other week and they were all closed. Then drove by the other day to go to Paradise Country and it looked like the bottom ones were operating. Now looking at maintenance schedule it says they’re closed. How inconsistent for a new attraction?!

There was an issue with the Kaboom waterslide hence why that slide has been closed the longest. However once the part arrived from overseas, the whole area was closed off im guessing so they could install the fixes onto the slide easier and my guess is Double Barrel is still closed due to sharing the same staircase with Kaboom and just makes it easier for them. Once these issues are fixed the slides should be fully operational like the rest of the slides in the park.

if only they could fix Surf Rider this fast, taken nearly 3 years for a train to not even be on the track yet 

• 4 weeks later...

it appears Kaboom has reopened, however it looks like Double Barrel is now having issues. 

it is kinda sad to see 5 rides down for maintenance, only one of them having a reopening date, 2 of them (Surfrider, Flowrider) practically being SBNO and another 1 (Sky Coaster) very rarely operating.

D8B3F8D2-E352-4C75-912B-CB5680609B4B.png

Edited by Rivals

On 16/4/2022 at 5:35 PM, Rivals said:

there is a patch of pink in Tornado’s funnel, could this be test paint for a possible repaint during its maintenance period? or has this paint been there for a while. 

47C557B6-2EA0-4269-AEEE-B3F2DD0678A9.jpeg

If it was a patch test for paint I would be surprised. 

Most likely a repair job on the fibreglass at the highest loading point to be honest. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to ride 2 of 3 new slides this weekend, unfortunately double barrel was down not sure if its scheduled or unscheduled.

Kaboom is a fantastic ride

super ripper is really slow, I thought it was just me as a larger dude but I watched plenty of riders most of them crawling some of them stopping. Wondering if it maybe needs mats or something to make it a little more efficient. River rapids is faster and thats saying something 

1 hour ago, Coasterjoe said:

Finally got a chance to ride 2 of 3 new slides this weekend, unfortunately double barrel was down not sure if its scheduled or unscheduled.

Kaboom is a fantastic ride

super ripper is really slow, I thought it was just me as a larger dude but I watched plenty of riders most of them crawling some of them stopping. Wondering if it maybe needs mats or something to make it a little more efficient. River rapids is faster and thats saying something 

double barrel has been down for a while now, around the same time Kaboom went down for unexpected maintenance.

With Super Ripper, i’ve heard normally everyone flies around the course, maybe it’s just not like that for everyone or perhaps the water pressure isn’t as high (not a waterslide expert so just guessing that could be why)

3 minutes ago, Rivals said:

With Super Ripper, i’ve heard normally everyone flies around the course, maybe it’s just not like that for everyone or perhaps the water pressure isn’t as high (not a waterslide expert so just guessing that could be why)

Super ripper is the purple slide yeah?

While standing on the tower waiting for Kaboom we noticed a few flying down the slide, and some just crawling. Maybe clothing is a factor?

4 minutes ago, Rivals said:

double barrel has been down for a while now, around the same time Kaboom went down for unexpected maintenance.

Something must have been off that day, my son who is 8 had the same issue as me and I watched a lot of riders going very slow of all shapes and sizes 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...