Evidence of neglect at Wonderland

Bussy

I took these photos not that long before the park closed. The message was on the door of the box for cabin 2 in the control room at Space Probe. Remember this was put up by a member of the maintenance crew. "The Bus is now leaving for Neglected Mountain, Queensland"

I don't know about it being the reason for it lifting faster but I can tell you that the Sparkies had no idea what the problem was and they wanted to re-wire the whole tower but were told not to bother. This happened before the closure announcement. The Sparky mentioned in that photo was an absolute joke, he had a hard time figuring out which way to screw in a light bulb. It was very amusing to watch him 'work' on electrical problems. "The Bus is now leaving for Wire Creek, South Australia"

Hang on a minute. This is a murder mystery. Let’s take a look at the information we have.

• This photo was taken in the Space Probe control room shortly before the park closed. The piece of paper was stuck to the door of the control panel of section 2 (cabin 2). The control panel contained all the electronics for the cabin.
  • Who was section #2? How did they die? What was the long illness they suffered?

• Who made the decision to turn off the life support? And was the family consulted?

This could be the mystery of the century. Does anyone have any ideas who the culprit was? And if indeed there was a crime at all. "The Bus is now leaving for Base Richmond Section 1, NSW"

Idiot,yes.An IQ of 30 now you bring it up.Just remeber I'm not the one with a pig in a helmet for my sig.Maybe if someone had elaborated..It does sound like someone got killed,especially the part where it said R.I.P. :mad:
Ok lets look at what the message in the photo says: R.I.P (November 2003) November 1995 - When out electricians stuffed it. Section #2 died a painful death after a long illness a special thanks to managment for keeping me on lifesupport for 6 months and to Praneet Gounder (Dr) (B.s Bombay Uni) for killing me slowly 8 years of age. It is learly talking about the ride and not a person. For those of you who are a bit slow I will give you the key words or phrases that bring me to that conclusion. "Electricians" "Section #2" "special thanks to management for keeping me on lifesupport for 6 months" And what does Daniel's picture got to do with the price of eggs in Côte d'Ivoir? "The Bus is now leaving for The Egg Rock, Victoria"

Dam it wonderbus,it's not exactly neat on that page,the writing is sprawled everywhere!Also,words like electrician and section 2 colud easily mean someone got killed. "Section 2,where an electrician stuffed up his job,making the ride hazadorous and resulting in the death of an 8 year old boy." I don't know about you, but asuming the writer of what was on that page had just missed a few words,it sounds like someone died.

Exactally, it was quite a stupid quote, not everyone works at wonderland and not everyone knows what section two is, that it was some electrical switchboard. I still dont get it, this is what I have gathered Section 2 died, yet it was struggling to survive (as in not fail) before it did die, and section 2 controlled gondola 2. I dont have sub-par intelligence but can someone elaborate on this for me? in black and white.

Exactally, it was quite a stupid quote, not everyone works at wonderland and not everyone knows what section two is, that it was some electrical switchboard. I still dont get it, this is what I have gathered Section 2 died, yet it was struggling to survive (as in not fail) before it did die, and section 2 controlled gondola 2. I dont have sub-par intelligence but can someone elaborate on this for me? in black and white.
You're all wrong, take it from someone who has worked on Space Probe and also someone who has held an Electrician's Licence for the past 15 years. "Section 2" is the motor starter for one of the winches on the lifts on Space Probe. In 1995 the original motors were found to be too small and kept tripping out if the carriage was overweight (whcih happened regularly). In late 1996 all three winches were (in turn) removed from the hat using a crane (I remember clearly being up there many times working on SWRFM equipment when one was missing), and the motors replaced with larger units. However the motor controllers (which are down below) were not upgraded, instead the overloads were simply turned up as far as they could go in the hope that it would be enough. It was.. for Lifts 1 and 3. Lift 2 however continued to trip out and (this is where I cannot be absolutely sure as it happened after 1998 when I was no longer regularly on the site) at some stage the overload was removed from #2 ro keep it working. The result soon afterwards was that a section of the 3 phase continuously variable speed controller failed. It was decided that the reason why the overload kept tripping on that lift wasn't the motor at all but a fault that had been present in the controller since Day 1. The unit remained out of service for many months. They eventually replaced the controller with a new one but (again) there were problems integrating it with the PLC that controls the probe. They did ultimately get it working but as a result #2 always rose faster than #1 and #3 because the different (newer) inverter controller ramped up the start smoother and faster than the old original 3 stage SCR ones. The mismatched motor and controller worked fine but there was alot of problems altering the PLC program to accept that one car arrived at the top sooner than the other two. The plan (ultimately, I am led to believe) was to replace all three controllers but for some reason (probably neglect) this was never done. So in fact towards the end it was #1 and #3 that were the poor cousins, although #2 did occasionally continue to trip it's overload particularly when hot. It was not unusual to see #2 regularly left out of use for this reason as the system was always more reliable when only #1 and #3 were used. For this reason many Park staff probably believed that #2 was f'd from the beginning.. and thats what the notice reflects. In fact the entire ride was F'd from the beginning as the motors were too small from Day 1. If the motors had been spec'd correctly and the starters thoroughly checked before being put into use none of this would have happened. It's hard to pin blame, but from memory the cost of upgrading the motors was borne by the manufacturer under warranty and not Wonderland. However Wonderland should never have accepted the ride without ensuring the starters were all replaced with the motors, so they're guilty too. Does that explain it all clearly enough?? ZordMaker

Sorry, but just off the subject of neglect at Wonderland, has anyone notice the Wonderland Railpass Ad's on the back of the current Crappy CityRail tickets..? :) I guess an old batch from CityRail... Gees how many tourists would get totally confused at that? Cheers Sean

Is that to say you dont like Intamin, or you do like Intamin, because personally I think Intamin have a lot of good rides under their belt, take for instance at Dreamworld, all of their Intamin rides, and they all look like their functioning fine to me, and now their getting a new Intamin thing!!! So in conclusion, what have you got against Intamin?