Animal Kingdom vs California Adventure

?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which park has better theme/lands?

• Disney's Animal Kingdom
    • Disney California Adventure
  2. 2. Which park has better rides?

3. 3. Better park?

Which park do you feel is better, DAK or DCA?

DAK headlining attractions include Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage, Festival of the Lion King, and the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

DCA headlining attractions include Radiator Springs Racers, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, the Incredicoaster, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, and Grizzly River Run.

All of the attractions mentioned (and actually all of the attractions at DAK) are unique to their respective parks.

Better park?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by ThemeParkHistorian

On 11/07/2021 at 5:26 AM, ThemeParkHistorian said:

Better park?

I don't mean to be rude, but your two contributions to Parkz have been to ask this ^ same question about two different park pairs without literally adding anything else to the conversation. I'm no moderator, i'm just asking because this seems a little disingenuous.

Whats the motive here? Are you planning a trip and trying to choose? are you conducting a market research survey for tertiary study (or commercial gain?) - The question you're asking is very subjective - which is the better park for a family with 2 young boys that love dinosaurs? no brainer. Which is the better park for people who live in Anaheim? Like duh. 

I'm all for stimulating discussion on a topic we're all here for - but it seems like you've put in minimal effort here and you're asking everyone else to do the heavy lifting on the topic without any specific point to start from. In the past, that's mostly been the style of people doing some sort of study or research wanting everyone else's thoughts to use as their own work. 

Care to shed some light?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I don't mean to be rude, but your two contributions to Parkz have been to ask this ^ same question about two different park pairs without literally adding anything else to the conversation. I'm no moderator, i'm just asking because this seems a little disingenuous.

Whats the motive here? Are you planning a trip and trying to choose? are you conducting a market research survey for tertiary study (or commercial gain?) - The question you're asking is very subjective - which is the better park for a family with 2 young boys that love dinosaurs? no brainer. Which is the better park for people who live in Anaheim? Like duh. 

I'm all for stimulating discussion on a topic we're all here for - but it seems like you've put in minimal effort here and you're asking everyone else to do the heavy lifting on the topic without any specific point to start from. In the past, that's mostly been the style of people doing some sort of study or research wanting everyone else's thoughts to use as their own work. 

Care to shed some light?

Not much really, Just for which is the better quality park overall, considering all factors like ride/attractions, shows, restaurants, theming, etc. Those two questions you wrote don’t make any sense, I’m not asking for a specific crowd. It’s just a more general question on what everyone thinks is the better theme park overall. I like doing comparisons, and this is a discussion board, so I feel I can do what I want. I’m also not telling anyone to put in all these explanations, or “heavy lifting” as you say. It’s more for people to just say “I think ___ is better.” All for cool and fun discussion. I’m doing multiple polls on different park versus park. That’s all, it’s not that deep lmao

8 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Care to shed some light?

On 10/07/2021 at 3:26 PM, ThemeParkHistorian said:

Which park do you feel is better, DAK or DCA?

DAK headlining attractions include Kilimanjaro Safaris, Expedition Everest, Flight of Passage, Festival of the Lion King, and the Maharajah Jungle Trek.

DCA headlining attractions include Radiator Springs Racers, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, the Incredicoaster, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, and Grizzly River Run.

All of the attractions mentioned (and actually all of the attractions at DAK) are unique to their respective parks.

spacer.pngspacer.png

I’m guessing you completely missed/ignored all of my description right above “better park?” as well too.

53 minutes ago, ThemeParkHistorian said:

Not much really, Just for which is the better quality park overall, considering all factors like ride/attractions, shows, restaurants, theming, etc. Those two questions you wrote don’t make any sense, I’m not asking for a specific crowd. It’s just a more general question on what everyone thinks is the better theme park overall.

Ok fair enough. It just seemed a bit odd to be comparing essentially an elaborate zoo with an elaborately themed pier style "fun park" without some sort of motive. Apples \ Oranges, you know?

I can understand "we've got 2 kids under 10, which one is better for kids" but just 'better park?' without context, I found to be quite jarring.

*Not a sponsor* To be honest, Parkz has a very underutilised ranking\rating system for these parks. Animal Kingdom has precisely 1 review, for 3.8 stars out of 5. California adventure has 0 ratings, so impossible to compare. Honestly rather than asking people to share their views here in the forum, I think the Parkz database (and everyone visiting the site) would benefit far more if people actually rated the parks \ rides in that database, wouldn't it?

this is a discussion board, so I feel I can do what I want. I’m also not telling anyone to put in all these explanations, or “heavy lifting” as you say. It’s more for people to just say “I think ___ is better.”

Essentially you're just looking for a win \ lose battle between the parks, which isn't really something open to much in the way of discussion. Polls don't usually stimulate much conversation, and despite the few replies here so far (and the one in your previous post) there isn't really much to reply to.

So, to help you out (and because it's relevant) I haven't been to DAK so I can't judge it on my own. I asked some folks who spend their tyme doing reviews of theme parks on occasion, and they did a pretty thorough rundown of both parks.

Anyhow - spoiler alert, DCA got 78, and DAK got 84 out of 100, so the answer to your question is DAK, but only just.

I’m guessing you completely missed/ignored all of my description right above “better park?” as well too.

Your last one only had 'better park' ? without all the highlighted text, so it seemed like a bit of a pattern... I suppose I did 'ignore' the obnoxious black highlighted text as the rest of the post seemed to fit the same pattern of lacking context and just like my recent comments elsewhere on the forums about polls causing issues with adaptive technology, inverted text colours tend to be difficult to read for some people.

image.thumb.png.d8e20dad3c409a13b0b1cdaf807cb8f4.png