Dreamworld’s BuzzSaw is Retiring

themagician

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

Ok, so what's the longest anyone has ever waited on a normal day for Buzzsaw in the past 9 years?

1 or 2 cycles, max?

Probably 30mins when it first opened, but after 6 months there wasn’t any real wait times. I did enjoy the original theming but it did get hot in there.

I agree with @DaptoFunlandGuy about the flat ride or a food outlet. I was looking forward to the kinetic energy of both Buzz and ST going around their tracks at the same time. Plenty of rider screams, much like Ocean Parade used to have when wipeout was operating. Maybe something low profile would be good so ST is the main focus from the car park. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, themagician said:

I agree with @DaptoFunlandGuy about the flat ride or a food outlet. I was looking forward to the kinetic energy of both Buzz and ST going around their tracks at the same time. Plenty of rider screams, much like Ocean Parade used to have when wipeout was operating. Maybe something low profile would be good so ST is the main focus from the car park. 

Maybe a Twin Hammer?

I'm loving the idea of F&B outlets being located around Steel Taipan... Maybe they'll put a small shop there for the purchase of the Spinning Seat experience?

If not, I wouldn't know if it were possible but, would they be able to use Buzzsaw's land and add a ride that extends into the Blue Lagoon area? Maybe share it with whatever future ride (I hope) utilises the Log Ride's land?

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Maybe a Twin Hammer?

I'd rather a looping starship.

3 minutes ago, Im Hungry said:

I'm loving the idea of F&B outlets being located around Steel Taipan... Maybe they'll put a small shop there for the purchase of the Spinning Seat experience?

If not, I wouldn't know if it were possible but, would they be able to use Buzzsaw's land and add a ride that extends into the Blue Lagoon area? Maybe share it with whatever future ride (I hope) utilises the Log Ride's land?

Buzz is pretty well surrounded. Easier if you don't try to straddle both areas and just use both separately for different experiences.

7 hours ago, Gazza said:

Ok, so what's the longest anyone has ever waited on a normal day for Buzzsaw in the past 9 years?

1 or 2 cycles, max?

Not long after it opened (no more than two months) I waited maybe 20 minutes 

2 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

I'd rather a looping starship.

Larson Giant Loop

FIFY 

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

The families, as far as I am aware, were against any sort of formal memorial. 

According to Brisbane Times in a statement by John Osborne published in September 2020:

The construction of a memorial garden announced in February was put on hold due to COVID-19, he said, but would continue under consultation with the families.

That's the most recent word on the memorial that I can find, and it seems to suggest they aren't opposed. And it's hard - because even if one family wants it and the other doesn't - what do you do?

I think a garden is probably not ideal - once it's significance is lost, it will be trampled on and vandalised, but at the very least the park should place a plaque. An acknowledgement of the event and the people who died - just like the ghost train fire, and several other parks I know who have had such losses of life.

14 hours ago, Ranger said:

I mean, they are planning a massive resort so at least were getting that.

Village has been planning a massive resort for years, and the location has changed at least twice in that time. I think we've also seen several other dreamworld-centric hotel proposals too... so I wouldn't hold you breath (unless you're still doing that from the adventure river and ampitheatre, in which case, keep up the good work!)