Dreamworld’s BuzzSaw is Retiring

themagician

1 hour ago, Jobe said:

It will definitely be interesting to see EXACTLY where it ends up going. I have also heard reports that there is a new "amusement park" being set up in Perth WA 

• New Perth based amusement park- As I said this comes from a reputable source that this venture is off the ground and they have secured a coaster. Beyond that we know very little else. 

Able to provide any details about this? First I've heard of it and there isn't any media coverage of it.

46 minutes ago, Aw hype said:

Able to provide any details about this? First I've heard of it and there isn't any media coverage of it.

Sorry mate thats pretty much the extent of the info that i know. From what i have been told its being run by several showmen. apparently they have secured a Powersurge and a Topgun and an unidentified coaster. Whether or not that is Buzzsaw is open to extreme speculation. I do not even know site details/location yet. Sorry i cannot be more forthcoming.

Edited by Jobe

10 hours ago, Cactus_Matt said:

End of an era, will this be the last time we see rusted corrugated iron used as theming at Dreamworld?

Pretty much 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

I hope not. I’m still mourning the loss of all the turbines…. 

Don’t worry, Shockwave still has some 

On 23/11/2021 at 1:10 PM, Jobe said:

I think it is the most likely of the parks in Victoria. IF it goes here this is going to be a huge gamechanger in the amusement park industry of the state. This will be the first large scale coaster in Victoria outside of Luna Park Melbourne ( which has admittedly had theirs for over 100+ years 😆)

It will definitely be interesting to see EXACTLY where it ends up going. I have also heard reports that there is a new "amusement park" being set up in Perth WA and they have secured a coaster for it and that Buzzsaw could possibly be it. This could also be true but I feel its more of a long shot than te Victorian parks.

If I was to scale my bets on where it will end up, it will look something like this:

• Gumbuya- to me the most logical destination, they have a need for another large scale thrill ride and Buzzsaw certainly fits the bill at a bargain basement price- its good bang for your buck.
  • Luna Park Melbourne- This is a bit of a dark horse for mine. The park has desperately needed a 2nd full sized coaster ever since Metropolis closed and Buzzsaw would certainly fit into that footprint. The bargain price would definitely be quite attractive for the park here. My only concern would be if the height of the ride would be an issue. I am not sure on whether this would be approved by the council , however their last new ride was a Starflyer , which is a decent height in itself, so perhaps this may not be as much of an issue as i feared.
  • Funfields- This is Victoria's best amusement park and is a good combination of dry and wet attractions. They have had experience with 2nd hand rides from Qld in the shape of the Stingray from Dreamworld and the Pirate Ship from Seaworld. Their last dry attraction was the 360 degree pendulum ride Voodoo and its a great ride that is fairly well themed. There last 2 overall attractions were a new slide and the wave pool so perhaps its time for another thrill attaction to throw into the mix? Who knows, price is good and available space is not a problem

Luna Park Melbourne's size makes it almost impossible to be a location. They are restricted to all attractions being inside the scenic railway track

Funfields is a strange one, imho currently the best park in Victoria, but it's location is awful, just nowhere near arterial roads. Also the only space they have left is on a steep hill. Although it's a top little park, it's just not designed for much future development. 

Gumbuya as we now know it seems is all but certain to get it. The park has deep pockets with investors including the owner of Jayco and Carsales.com, its desperate for big ticket non water attractions and the location is very attractive with it being located on the M1. When the park first reopened in late 2017 they advertised that they would be open 364 days a year..... that changed when they realised the lack of attractions they have outside of summer. Ever since the owners rebranded the park from Gumbuya Park to Gumbuya World they have spruiked it up to be the best theme park outside of Queensland. Getting Buzzsaw and another 1 or 2 big ticket attractions would not just do that but would also take a lot of probable customers from Funfields and Adventure Park.

On 28/11/2021 at 4:09 PM, themagician said:

I do hope it is true because it will be great for that park. But it isn’t offical until Gumbuya announces a new ride is coming

Past history with Gumbuya World is they won't announce it until they have all details for phase 3 of their redevelopment of Gumbuya Park done. Who knows when that will be but would think it would be before Xmas

On 29/11/2021 at 6:25 PM, VicPark said:

Luna Park Melbourne's size makes it almost impossible to be a location. They are restricted to all attractions being inside the scenic railway track

Buzzsaw could have fit in the area that was vacated by the former Metropolis coaster site. The only concern is its height- at 151 feet this could bea an issue for the council to have approved. This would have been the tallest ride to go into the park if it was approved. LPM are in desperate need for a second coaster but now this is going to Gumbuya this is a moot point. I think that LPM will choose a smaller model such as a Eurofighter for their eventual 2nd coaster at some point. The Big Dipper installation at LPS shows what can be done with a small footprint.

Funfields is a strange one, imho currently the best park in Victoria, but it's location is awful, just nowhere near arterial roads. Also the only space they have left is on a steep hill. Although it's a top little park, it's just not designed for much future development. 

Yeah agree 100% here. Funfields is a great park and is one or 2 attractions from being a major player. There may not be a huge lot of room outside its current boundaries to expand but they certainly have room within to add attractions. Hopefully the addition of Buzzsaw to Gumbuya spurs LPM, Funfields and Adventure Park to accelerate any plans for new additions- a localised expansion war in the Victorian parks would be most welcome and great for the industry!

Gumbuya as we now know it seems is all but certain to get it. The park has deep pockets with investors including the owner of Jayco and Carsales.com, its desperate for big ticket non water attractions and the location is very attractive with it being located on the M1. When the park first reopened in late 2017 they advertised that they would be open 364 days a year..... that changed when they realised the lack of attractions they have outside of summer. Ever since the owners rebranded the park from Gumbuya Park to Gumbuya World they have spruiked it up to be the best theme park outside of Queensland. Getting Buzzsaw and another 1 or 2 big ticket attractions would not just do that but would also take a lot of probable customers from Funfields and Adventure Park.

Again agreed. The addition of Buzzsaw ( which I called weeks ago) is going to be a huge game changer for the park. After this , another couple of high profile flats would really round out the attractions offered by the park.

I just hope that they install Buzzsaw soon though. Gumbuya purchased the former Mammoth Plunge slide from Wet'n Wild and Seaworld a couple of years ago and there has still been no sign of this attraction being added as of yet and i would hate to see Buzzsaw go down the same route. I dont think it will but it is something to watch closely.

The queue for ST and BS are much further away from each other than you might think. The queue for ST is pretty big too, which some long switchbacks. The queue would need to be at least 3 hours long before it to reach all the way to BS. Anyways, that area is now closed off from the public and the old queue building is bordered up and can’t be accessed 

Will there be seats? in the shade?

Honestly i'm not sure they need another function area. Even if it does take the form of a microbrewery. Even if it's wonderfully themed already...

They've already got food service spaces in Tiger Island and Parkway that are almost always shuttered, and a 'conference centre' used sporadically for major events only - and i'm sure that it would take a fair bit to convert the station house into such a facility - i'm positive it would be better spent elsewhere. 

Dreamworld's ride lineup is currently undersubscribed and new food and beverage or function areas are not and should not be a priority.

• Like 1