Dreamworld's New Look Train

themagician

3 hours ago, aussienetman said:

I like your design ideas slick but not the jacarandas... jacs are actually an invasive pest species 🤷‍♂️... plant some stuff... but lets make them natives :)

Yeah that’s totally fair, I had no idea and presumed they were native. Maybe some golden wattles?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, themagician said:

It doesn’t seem like they are aiming for a summer opening anymore as they haven’t been promoting it and it wasn’t included in the recent summer events email. I’d say due to the all rain, it’s caused delays with the ground works 

Heard from DW staff that there may be delays with parts coming.

Edited by dodge53

Cosmetic restoration only. Probably all it will get. 

I don't know any goss, but I suspect it's in need of a new boiler or major cylinder works. With these things, once you start down the rabbit hole of fixing one issue, many others raise their head. 

In more positive news, the Perry held pressure during its cold boiler test over the weekend, so the various little leaks are sorted. Slow progress but still progress. 

• Thanks 1

How is plonking the old train with a plaque that basically says “we had this thing that was good, and now we have nothing. Oh and we tried it for a minute in 2016 but then couldn’t be assed” a good thing?

VERY strangely executed project this. But you know, gotta keep the steam train nufties fawning somehow I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rappa said:

How is plonking the old train with a plaque that basically says “we had this thing that was good, and now we have nothing. Oh and we tried it for a minute in 2016 but then couldn’t be assed” a good thing?

On the bottom of the plaque, it states they are continuing to work on the train and it’s part of the 40th birthday celebrations (Vintage photo trail) so I hope when the party is over the train may make a track appearance occasionally.

Edited by New display name

13 hours ago, themagician said:

A new fence is being constructed 

71DA6C23-1FC0-42C2-BE39-5D8945376535.jpeg

It took me a hot minute but just realised those oil rig themed pieces are gone. Truth be told whilst they were some of the only moving themed pieces in the park it's still not a big loss - moving away from an oil rig theme and onto something better (especially if they ever take up on my idea of doing one side as a ground-facing gondola) will do wonders for that area (so long as it integrates well into the greater area aka the log ride site and surrounds).

Edited by Slick