Dreamworld's New Look Train

themagician

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

Can they rip off the  rest of the weathered foam theming while they are at it?

I'd honestly be ok if they ripped the foam off, and just hung a vinyl banner with a general yellow\black chevron image (pointing down) with the words 'giant drop' superimposed over the top. call it a 'transitional theme' while they work out what to do with it. That foam was getting on in years about ten years ago. Now its just a rotting embarassment.

image.png.cf210b8a9e1d3d762b2ac590f2adb4a6.pngimage.png.85cd916e17e761b38a64fd6f188bbba6.png

• Like 1

That corner of the park has been neglected for ages, only rocky hollow being removed, ST getting built and the new paths completed has made it look anywhere near acceptable these days. And for GD, well there’s every other ride at DW and then there’s GD. Even in 2014 that “theming” was decrepit nonsense. I would hate to see what it looks like now, I even cringe looking at the Calibri text on the ride gondola that has been haphazardly placed there

Edited by Baconjack

22 minutes ago, Baconjack said:

That corner of the park has been neglected for ages, only rocky hollow being removed, ST getting built and the new paths completed has made it look anywhere near acceptable these days. And for GD, well there’s every other ride at DW and then there’s GD. Even in 2014 that “theming” was decrepit nonsense. I would hate to see what it looks like now, I even cringe looking at the Calibri text on the ride gondola that has been haphazardly placed there

The calibri text and the removal of the iconic logo that’s been on it for decades is a theme park tragedy.

Careful about slagging off the Giant Drop theming too much, lest they they knock down the whole tower like they did with most of their other thrill rides these last couple of years!

Truthfully though, the Giant Drop is/was a great name, but it being themed to 'oil' (specifically the big black tower being a surging geyser of oil - 'least I think that's what they were going for) was a ludicrously weak "theme". It doesn't need a theme, it's a drop tower, literally a 'giant drop', people will ride it because its a focal point thrill ride not because of what sits around the base and in the queue line.

• 4 weeks later...

Carriages might still be getting built ( if built-in Aus) or they could be stuck on a boat somewhere. 

It's a shame the works have stopped. However, it won't be a massive amount of work (like building ST) so in my thoughts nothing to worry about yet. 

The site will become a hive of activity soon. 

I’d say there is a delivery delay and because of all the rain we’ve had causing delays too, we will see it open for the Easter holidays. But surely you’d want to get the works done now, so when the train/carriages arrive they can just get it open. For all we know, maybe the contractors who are doing the work had another job to complete first, hence the lack of work.

@dw_goldenyears on instagram posted an overall park update on their website and it can be seen that the switch track is installed towards Madagascar and the old TOT2 building. 

link if photo isn’t loading (https://dwgoldenyears.wixsite.com/dwgoldenyears/post/dreamworld-mini-update-26-1-2022)

65ED9898-DEDA-404F-BC9A-C4FF1FFE5C69.jpeg

• Like 3