Dreamworld's New Look Train

themagician

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I believe the Billabong station is no more too and it’s just direct to the wildlife station and back to central 

the park map still states it’s a station and i believe they were doing renovation works on the station too. maybe the renovations just weren’t finished yet so it’s not opened for now

A56D8D6A-FC8C-4EE2-B091-43F76FA353D2.png

8 hours ago, themagician said:

I believe the Billabong station is no more too and it’s just direct to the wildlife station and back to central

Yeah, on the promotional imagery they released it says "Central Park Station to Wildlife Station". I wonder how long the duration is now that they've removed that station?

On 01/07/2022 at 10:22 PM, themagician said:

In the original (reverse) direction of travel, Billabong was a downhill stop. My guess is that with the new direction of travel (to deal with the grade on the shortened track) that stopping on the uphill would have made re-starting difficult. 

On 02/07/2022 at 12:18 AM, Rivals said:

the park map still states it’s a station

Because the parks are very diligent at keeping every part of their maps up to date!

14 hours ago, deano554 said:

Some of Disneyland trains run on diesel.

Actually they all do - but they are still steam powered engines. The two original Retlaw locos were designed to burn diesel oil to heat the boiler, and the baldwins they acquired later had their fireboxes converted to burn diesel oil before entering service.

Between 2007-2009, they converted them all over to B98 biodiesel.

The Baldwin at Dreamworld operated similarly, if i'm not mistaken.

The reason people regard the current loco as a 'tractor' (and with such disdain) is because there is no steam element in the current unit - the diesel internal combustion engine directly drives the loco, and I believe from memory the engine is manufactured by John Deere, although I might have imagined that.

As the Dreamworld Express Wiki mentions, the current locomotive "masquerades" as a steam engine - it was made to resemble one without having a boiler or any other steam elements. 

Did you know that Gotham Town Hall at Movieworld isn't the real place? Also, I know it looks super realistic, but dolphin cove at Seaworld is actually man made? Ohhh and don't forget the giant drop at Dreamworld - you are not actually a drop of oil. 

Discussions about something 'fake' in a themepark make me yawn. Find something else to whinge about. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aussienetman said:

Did you know that Gotham Town Hall at Movieworld isn't the real place? Also, I know it looks super realistic, but dolphin cove at Seaworld is actually man made? Ohhh and don't forget the giant drop at Dreamworld - you are not actually a drop of oil. 

Discussions about something 'fake' in a themepark make me yawn. Find something else to whinge about. 

So you're telling me that Superman doesn't save me from an earthquake in the subway?

Wait until we get all the knockoff Mickey Mouse and Co characters at all the cheap theme parks when Disney loses the exclusive rights to the characters in 3 years due to Californian intellectual property law 

In other news, I’m not sure about Dreamworld’s recent EDM that went out today…. 

subject line a little strange 

D5F8A8EE-932E-427C-9E3C-D0D703E1CFF1.jpeg