White Christmas 2021

LORD_Noodle

34 minutes ago, themagician said:

Your kid got bored after 30 minutes at White Christmas? When you say you had an awesome day/night, does that mean you were at the park during the day too

Wet n Wild in the morning and park in the arvo. The change over between normal operations and White Christmas (from like 4 until 5.306ish) had almost no lines on all rides hes tall enough for so after Rivals like 4 times in a row, Scooby a couple and Road Runner + Space Launch he was more interested in food and didn't want to "stay for the parade he saw last year" we also saw a local Christmas parade on the Friday night so he was a bit done with the whole Christmas aspect.

On 6/12/21 at 8:03 AM, themagician said:

Your kid got bored after 30 minutes at White Christmas? When you say you had an awesome day/night, does that mean you were at the park during the day too

Sounds to me like they spent the whole day and night there……or the kid was under 5

The event is selling out, as do most night time events at the theme parks nowadays, so I doubt Movie World are really concerned about feedback at this stage. Unfortunately I'm still locked out of the state until later this month, but speaking to some friends they said the event was 'something'. They were huge fans of Hurray for Hollywood so do with that what you will. 

13 minutes ago, New display name said:

Just a friendly reminder that MW isn't a full day park.

I tend to agree with this beyond what they mention. I wish our parks were open later but it does hit a point where the excitement just runs out. Movie World's biggest downfall is a lack of people eaters that you can just vibe on for some time. Wild West falls is probably the best example followed by Justice League, but it'd be nice if there were just some more slow moving attractions that you could enjoy between the intense experiences. Working against them is limited space, but with Arkham on its way out I'd love to see a cohesively themed location with some more family friendly additions.

Honestly in that area you could go back to basics with a 'Village Studios' themed area. Have a tram tour that goes through the studios as something a little more dynamic, have a successor to the Looney Tunes boat ride with a slow moving Space Jam ride, and then have some things like a Studio Observation Ferris Wheel, etc. Movie World has some great attractions but they are let down by little to do in between and if you do them over and over you just end up sick. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, joz said:

Again, the story doesn't seem particualy useful in determining that.

On 06/12/2021 at 7:41 AM, Naazon said:

The change over between normal operations and White Christmas (from like 4 until 5.306ish) had almost no lines on all rides hes tall enough for so after Rivals like 4 times in a row,

Being able to ride Rivals 4 times in a row says people are leaving the park during they day.

1 hour ago, New display name said:

Being able to ride Rivals 4 times in a row says people are leaving the park during they day.

White Christmas was sold out, and when we left the park looked very busy.  From the lift hill we could see all the cars coming in too, so it looks like people who were doing White Christmas didn't come in for the day, as said above, because its not a whole day park. If you want to jump on rides with no queue, the change over period was awesome and highly recommend it.

4 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Sold out night 

both scooby and Road runner are down due to technical issues. 

without WWF basically means no family crowd pullers other than JL. 

yikes.

Road Runner opened up at sometime because I got to try out the new trains.   Superman was a walk on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Good to hear it opened eventually. We hit scooby after the buffet, was about a 20min wait 

That's a really good wait time for Scooby.  White Christmas is the only time I go on rides during a night event @ MW.     I don't know what was going on with Rivals but most of the night they sent the train around empty.  It opened up about 5 times but after sending a couple of loaded trains around it would go back to sending empty trains around.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gazza said:

they only have 17 seats to check on each train and they are still stacking trains on the brake run!

Are the OOS seats locked out in the system, or do staff still need to re-do the seatbelt on each one each time?

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

A crew with like a week and a bit experience on Steel Taipan are loading quicker.

What a shambles this soft opening has been! They should have waited until their staff were at 100% like the Rivals crew!

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

A crew with like a week and a bit experience on Steel Taipan are loading quicker.

Rumour is, Village is currently going through a staff shortage.    With White Christmas & mandated vaccines to keep your job maybe the staff are burning out.

Carnivale being pushed back to the end of Jan says to me the rumour could be true and Village don't have the staff to run an event and deal with the Christmas crowds at once. 

Maybe the seats being out has nothing to do with getting the parts and has more to do with they don't have enough staff to fit the parts.  (just thoughts)

Edited by New display name
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, New display name said:

Rumour is, Village is currently going through a staff shortage.    With White Christmas & mandated vaccines to keep your job maybe the staff are burning out.

Carnivale being pushed back to the end of Jan says to me the rumour could be true and Village don't have the staff to run an event and deal with the Christmas crowds at once. 

Maybe the seats being out has nothing to do with getting the parts and has more to do with they don't have enough staff to fit the parts.  (just thoughts)

Doomsday destroyer has a lot of unavailable seats too when I last looked when I last visited on Friday 

• Like 1