WhiteWater World - Ongoing Maintenance

1 hour ago, gumb00t said:

It’s sorta trending that way. “Sorry kids, pools are too deep and dangerous - here’s a water pistol” 😂

Agreed. I understand the parks have become quite risk averse, but I personally believe that we’ve well and truly arrived at safety for safety’s sake. Another example would be the tiny half sized pool fence that covers a tiny chunk of the Main Street fountain or the removal of all of the flower beds at Movie World because a woman tripped on one.

The sudden drop has been reshaped to a gradual drop.  The drop off was dangerous to the point WWW had a lifeguard in the water who would walk the line that could quickly pull people back.   I've seen many kids over the years step over the edge that didn't know the drop was there and someone had to pul them back to the shallow water.  

36 minutes ago, New display name said:

The sudden drop has been reshaped to a gradual drop.  The drop off was dangerous to the point WWW had a lifeguard in the water who would walk the line that could quickly pull people back.   I've seen many kids over the years step over the edge that didn't know the drop was there and someone had to pul them back to the shallow water.  

If that’s the case over completely reducing the depth altogether then that’s fair enough. I guess a thoosie needs to jump in the water at some point and find out. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I also noticed yesterday on The Rip they weren’t even allowed the next group to even load into the raft/tube until the prior raft had already been cleared. Last season (and all years prior) you would load whilst the previous cycle was underway, so as soon as they had existed the Op would release you. 

Also The Wedgie only operates from 4-5pm (with the green room operating 10am-4pm) 

The rip operating procedure doesn’t make sense? Have they had an issue where two rafts have accidentally been in the bowl at once?

And GR/Wedgie situation, I’d imagine because both attractions queues are alongside each other, they can’t do social distancing. And I don’t remember the wedgie being that popular anyways.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

And GR/Wedgie situation, I’d imagine because both attractions queues are alongside each other, they can’t do social distancing.

Whilst that would be a reasonable explanation, there is zero social distancing happening or even being requested to happen in the queue lines both on the tower or when lining up to enter the tower. I’m not even sure why they haven’t bothered to remove the downstairs sorter and releaser, it’s a total waste of a staff member 

On 25/09/2021 at 5:41 PM, themagician said:

It’s great to see they’ve done it professionally and used cardboard and tape 👌🏻 

Judging by the fact that the back wall is still covered in protective film not intended as final product, i'd say they're still in the middle of converting it.

You know what they say - never show a fool theme park enthusiast an incomplete job.

"but they had all winter closure to fix it" 

Yes. But they may also have had numerous delays in shipping or contractor availability due to covid and border closures - so it all evens out I suppose.

On 25/09/2021 at 8:14 PM, themagician said:

They also had just printed posters on A4 pieces of paper, laminated and zip tied them to fences to advertise the farm yard animals 

Ahhhh. That takes me back to the classic Dreamworld days of old.

The Bro is having problems with the main circulating pumps with the required pressure not high enough to run the slides.

hydro coaster was working fine on Tuesday.

the op explained the wedgie/green room situation and said due to social distancing both could not be run at the same time.

also very notable that what were called waves in the wave pool have become even smaller. Not even much of a ripple effect during wave session. 

the flow rider still remains in place but is looking run down as it has not been maintained. Looks like the old shop for it has been cleared out. Possibly ready for demolishment.

From the little ripper slide tower the dreamworld express still sits next to the maintenance sheds. The pictures of the cranes removing the switch points has revealed they have been stored in the back of house area behind WWW.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

Hydrocoaster down until 7th of October. The BRO is down until November 30. Does anyone know if the slides were involved in incidents? I doubt it’s annual maintenance as they had 6 months to do it.

They were both running when i was there on Sunday, whoever the pumps below Bro/Rip were making very loud noises compared to normal operation.

21 minutes ago, gavinfulikes said:

Does anyone know if Triple Vortex is open? The slide has been removed from the ride information page and on its own page, it still says maintenance will end on the 25th September, 5 days ago.

was not open on the weekend and judging by the built up sediment in the channels, it hasnt been run in quite a while.

I did ask the ride op on The Rip, who said "it will open again one day" but had not clue when that may be

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Im Hungry said:

Still disappointed that we don't see a reopening date for Fully 6 slides 2 and 3.

The slides caused an injury which shouldn't have happened. The fact its been closed this long points to either a fight between WWW and Polin, or a redesign of the slides involved. 

Either way that takes a while to sort out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...