WhiteWater World - Ongoing Maintenance

out of all the gates on the coast, WWW is the 'most' Australian themed. It seems like the perfect excuse to throw a party and have special activities on at the park that day.

I don't know though - originally it would have been after school went back, but now with the extension its part of the holidays again, but at this point they'd be rostered for it so unlikely to change things now.

Is Australia Day busy or quiet for the parks?

Not normally much of anything attendance wise. A tick above average, but not crazy one way or the other. I don't know I'd do an event for it, but I wouldn't not do one either if that makes sense. Even accounting for the higher wages for the public holiday that's a strange one for my taste.

I think WWW is stuck in the shadow of it's bigger, less successful brother which stops it from actually achieving anything meaningful on its own.

56 minutes ago, Gazza said:

🗿🗿🗿

The Shearing Shed at Paradise Country

Ahhh yes, Paradise Country - the "Aussie Farm" with native Australian Wildlife such as Meerkats and previously host to Tiger Cubs, that is so forgettable even Village forgets to include them in their park passes (they still offer a 3 park pass to the 'big 3' village parks that doesn't include them. Sure, all their bundle passes include it, but its kinda like Skypoint on the Dreamworld pass - how many people ACTUALLY use it for that...?

22 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

Ahhh yes, Paradise Country - the "Aussie Farm" with native Australian Wildlife such as Meerkats and previously host to Tiger Cubs, that is so forgettable even Village forgets to include them in their park passes (they still offer a 3 park pass to the 'big 3' village parks that doesn't include them. Sure, all their bundle passes include it, but its kinda like Skypoint on the Dreamworld pass - how many people ACTUALLY use it for that...?

Yeah but its still a gate on the Gold Coast. All that waffle about bundles of passes doesn't change that.

And didn't WWW have Nickelodeon at one point, if we're talking Aussie purity?

17 hours ago, Gazza said:

Yeah but its still a gate on the Gold Coast. All that waffle about bundles of passes doesn't change that.

And didn't WWW have Nickelodeon at one point, if we're talking Aussie purity?

Yes, I forgot about paradise country, but so does the rest of the world.

My point is - Dreamworld has a gate that is 'true blue okker' themed Aussie, and they're closing it on Australia Day which seems ridiculous.

17 hours ago, joz said:

For those wondering, yes, I hate this.

There's a lot to unpack there Joz - wanna be more specific?

WWW is contemporary Australian surf culture themed, but its not really the pure quintessential "Aussie" theme if you catch my drift, but more of a tangent.

Like if you were EPCOT and doing an Australian themed section in the world showcase, it would likely look a lot more like Paradise Country than WWW (Buildings with big verandahs, windmills, bush rock etc) than something like WWW.

Other parks with Aussie themes (Aussie World, Gumbuya etc) seem to be more similar to the Paradise country style too.

1323c89501f750796ed352e9694d2bf8.jpg

e95d0b51e783625a83a6bd7cde87b1f6.jpg