Halloscream 2021 - Curse of the Coven

MrLukeCarroll

In a surprising move Luna Park Sydney is still currently moving forward with it's plans for this year Halloscream event and has recently opened auditions up for Scare Actors. 

Event is featuring 3 scare mazes, two returning from last year including Decay Mart and Outback Slaughterhouse and a brand new maze ‘Rain Dead’ themed as "a near-future world where a secret facility is testing the effects of a deadly rain, the invisible enemy!".

Seems crazy to me that they're still pushing ahead with rehearsals set to start on October 8th and the event running for 10 nights from the 22-31st of October.
image.thumb.png.42da5f2992920a4938141c65826fb707.png

• Like 1

I'd love for this event to go ahead, But even with the target of 70% of the NSW population vaccinated I don't see it going ahead yet. Different industries will reopen up at different times due to state government ruling. It happened last time and I can see that occurring again but on a much more drawn-out process.

The park operated rather well (After NYE) with its covid safe plan and I visited once and things seemed in somewhat of an order. Moving forward tho, a public facility like this will have many challenges to overcome. Do they allow facemask to be worn on rides, will they only allow the vaccinated in, plus many more.

Back to the event tho. LPS has been hit hard. In NSW it was the only park to run to the allotted session times until its closure earlier this year. I feel like, it could forsake Halloween and use those resources for a big grand "re-opening" of the park later in the year around December in my eyes. Bring in an Ice skating rink (Much like they did in the 2004/2005 Christmas break) in the BigTop along with all the new rides and you'd have yourself a decent holiday period.

I know they want to have measures in place for the workers and limit amount of guests going through a maze. We just have to look north to Movieworld and see they cancelled fright nights for financial reasons and most likely thanks to guest/workers safety. They did that in a state with no major (Plaque) issues, unlike NSW who has well, an interesting time ahead.

• Like 1