"This is how we roll" RMC Documentary

Whombex

Yep to preorder it works out ~$10 to rent and ~$16 to buy in AUD.

Twitter was having a meltdown the other day about it costing money rather than being free on YouTube as before the trailer launched it hadn't been mentioned as anything other than a YouTube video. With expected ad revenue in the Niche if he can get 1 in 1,000 people who would watch to instead buy he will come out around even compared to a YouTube upload, anything more will be more than he would expect to make on YouTube. The budget would have been much higher for this than a regular YouTube video so it makes sense.

While I don't usually watch Coaster Studios videos this one looks to be a great watch and at least is actually available in Aus unlike closed for Storm...

• Like 1

Torrented Closed for Storm, but wasn't amazing, wouldve just prefered a normal BSF video on it instead tbh. I will watch (not pay for though) This is how we Roll, but dont expect great things considering its Taylor from Coaster Studios and hes such a brat, and I have little confidence in his ability to properly put together a documentary. Any interviews with Shilke and Grubb im interested in listeing to though!

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 1

YoU wOuLdN't StEaL a CaR...

I've no interest in paying for the RMC doco so I just won't see it... I am keen for the BSF \ CFS doco though, and am happy to pay an Australian distributor when it is released here. I'll wait in the meantime.

But 99c (USD no doubt!) for solitaire? Man - what a monster you are!

21 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

YoU wOuLdN't StEaL a CaR...

I actually see it as much worse than watching a rip-off copy of a Hollywood blockbuster.

I can't imagine he's going to sell more than a few hundred copies at best; a RMC documentary is of niche interest after all. Personally I'd like to see him making a reasonable profit that he can then invest back into producing other material of interest to theme park enthusiasts.

• Like 3

Im in the camp that it's either that or I won't watch it, and I feel I have delivered the guy enough Youtube Premium and Adsense revenue to justify my support. Its 2021 support who you wanna support but don't expect money for inferior (likely) work. In all honestly he probably would make more uploading it to Youtube and getting the adsense from it. 

15 hours ago, ejpdtd said:

I feel I have delivered the guy enough Youtube Premium and Adsense revenue to justify my support. 

If you have watched every single one of his over 2,000 videos once congratulations you've probably given him about $15USD in Adsense, such great "support" though with YouTube Premium it could easily be a lot less.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 11:38 PM, ejpdtd said:

Torrented Closed for Storm, but wasn't amazing, wouldve just prefered a normal BSF video on it instead tbh. I will watch (not pay for though) This is how we Roll, but dont expect great things considering its Taylor from Coaster Studios and hes such a brat, and I have little confidence in his ability to properly put together a documentary. Any interviews with Shilke and Grubb im interested in listeing to though!

Just saw this from coaster studios. Not a fan of the guy but they've premiered the doco. 

I've watched Closed for Storm legally, i own the bluray of the film and bought it off Amazon a month ago. Wanted to support Bright Sun, a channel that's been an inspiration to me for many years, by buying the film. I thought it was good and provided a cool perspective on Six Flags New Orleans. I haven't watched the Coaster Studios documentary yet but will again watch it legally.

Nice try on the 'I paid a few bucks in ad revenue over the years and therefore can do whatever I want with pirating a small channel's content' argument. As a fellow content creator who has made videos on our parks like @MrLukeCarroll I feel this take is just spitting in our faces, sorry to say. Ad revenue is so minimal these days you can hardly live off it and as said by other people, piracy screws over small-medium content creators the most when I am in the middle of producing a big project myself that has costed me thousands of dollars to make. God forbid I make someone pay a few bucks to watch a film that I spent heaps of time, effort and money on. What a laughable line of argument.

5 hours ago, Baconjack said:

As a fellow content creator who has made videos on our parks like @MrLukeCarroll I feel this take is just spitting in our faces, sorry to say. Ad revenue is so minimal these days you can hardly live off it and as said by other people, piracy screws over small-medium content creators

Yep 100%, and you can guarantee it's the same type of person who will complain about having to watch ads on videos and then complain again when creators stop making videos as their return on investment (Time & Money) is no longer there.

Most content creators don't go into it to make money but it sure helps you create more content...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...