Universal Studios Beijing Trial Run

gavinfulikes

A video posted by the South China Morning Post on YouTube shows the trial run of Universal Studios Beijing, the now largest universal park. A guest interviewed in the video states that the ride queues were quite long and some queues were a bit messy while another stated the queues were short and they typically had a 10 minutes wait with the longest around 40 minutes. Both guests agreed that the crowds were very large and one even stated that the park should consider limiting capacity if more visitors visit the park. Both guests weren’t to concerned with the pandemic as Beijing has been dealing with the virus quite well. Social distancing wasn’t always in place due to the large crowds however guests seems to be aware to keep masks on at all times. The video states that there are comments about the entrance fee being to expensive along with the cost of food and entertainment. All in all it seems most guests enjoyed the trial run.

1 hour ago, gavinfulikes said:

Both guests weren’t to concerned with the pandemic as Beijing has been dealing with the virus quite well.

Yeah I’m not so sure that’s true in reality, the govt just hides/covers up/fails to report accurate numbers to the population or to any other medical or international body

At 2:10 you can see a machine set up that is doing mass temperature testing. I know people give China a lot of flack, but they definitely had a leg up on technology due to the SARs outbreak. When I lived in Hong Kong for a few months those machines were everywhere in 2015. They would record your temperature and if you were 'flagged' you wouldn't be able to enter certain areas like Disneyland, etc. They don't take chances when their population is so dense. 

COVID aside, park looks nice. China is getting some solid entries that I'm excited to visit in the future. With this, Shanghai Disneyland and other local parks it'll definitely be somewhere worth 'road tripping' in the future. 

7 minutes ago, Dom said:

they definitely had a leg up on technology

That's another beef I have with the western world. So concerned about freedom and privacy that mass temperature screening isn't just a 'lack of technology' issue - it's a public relations issue.

At the start of covid, an organisation I am familiar with purchased contact-free thermometers to assist their wellness teams - but they came with strict instructions that they weren't allowed to be used to 'screen staff' prior to commencing work - they were only able to be used for a person who was already complaining of feeling unwell... which to me is shutting the gate after the horse has bolted. 

• Like 1