• Tornado - WnW
    • Tornado - Adventure Park
    • Funnel Web
    • Perfect Storm
    • Green Room
    • T5
    • Supanova
    • Kraken

Perfect storm, Not the standard cookie-cutter layout and includes visual/audio inside the main funnel. The fact this main funnel is enclosed also is a great addition as I feel you get “lost” within the moment. 

My honourable mentions are Funnel Web at Jamberoo, T5 at RWS and The Green Room at WWW.

Edited by StingRay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, joz said:

I think its based on which is your favorite

No, it says 'best'.

I haven't been on most of these, so if I were to pick only from what i've been on (and could therefore consider making my favourite) i'd only be tossing up between Tornado at WnW and Green Room at WWW. Out of the two, Tornado would win just as its more visually exciting to look at, although Green Room would earn bonus points for not needing to carry the raft. The green room theme was clever, but it didn't execute well, and it's like they purchased the default scheme of 'go away green' because it was cheaper.

If I were to pick based on what I know (the tornado experience is much the same everywhere, so its what you've done to 'plus' it that counts) then neither of the GC options comes close.

Perfect storm for me takes it - a long layout prior to the funnel, they plussed it by adding mini tornados along the route as well as the enclosure of the funnel and added AV effects, and given Kraken was the 'longest' at the time of opening at 270m, this 280m model breaks that as well.

Contrast to Storm's next door neighbour - Funnel Web, despite the awesome spider sculpture - for me is ruined by the long uninspired length. It's like they needed both slides to start at the same point for convenience, so they just 'autocompleted' the layout between the start and the splashdown. The layout (and from POVs) doesn't appear to be very inspiring or thrilling, and since the funnel is the payoff with nothing else in between, i'd rather they just got on with it - Tornado and Green Room both beat Funnel Web, purely because they get on with the job, and they don't feel like i'm living in 'Pleasantville Monochrome'.

I didn't set out to knife Kraken in this, but as I wrote Funnel Web above, I realised that much the same factors and issues applied to Kraken in the same way, so they can share the spot  - i'll put Kraken a step above purely for the colours used.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Perfect storm, Not the standard cookie-cutter layout and includes visual/audio inside the main funnel. The fact this main funnel is enclosed also is a great addition as I feel you get “lost” within the moment. 

My honourable mentions are Funnel Web at Jamberoo, T5 at RWS and The Green Room at WWW.

Spot on for me as well. Perfect Storm is probably at the moment the best themed and wel presented slide in Australia for mine. The added elements of the the 2 smaller funnels really builds the anticipation of the main event- having the first funnel open air then the second enclosed and the main funnel also enclosed and with all the audio visual effects makes for a brilliant exciting ride that is very rerideable. There is a reason that the line for The Perfect Storm is always longer than the Funnel Web....

• Like 1