Time for a little dreaming

Richard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't think of any large enough areas next to Superman's launch. Parallel to the launch track at the far end of the building is the transfer track. Between it and the launch track is the turn between the two camel backs. If we ignore maintenance areas that exist for Superman (eg relocated them somewhere else within the building somehow), there might be a 10x15m area free between the turn and the trasfer track. Unless you're thinking of somewhere else? I think this is where Paint comes in handy. :P

I was thinking of that area you described :P For some reason it just seemed to be a huge expanse of warehouse that was unused and could fit something. I never actually saw the transfer tracks when i rode though, are the trains just sitting out in plain view of the riders? Ill do something in paint to show what i mean later on though and somebody can correct me :P

I'm not sure if the trains are visible to riders, someone who visits more frequently would have to answer that one. I only know it's there because I've seen the ride's blueprints. One thing is for sure, and that is Movie World is going to have to get creative with ride placement, as they're doing with Batwing.

If you know where to look you'll see the transfer track pretty easily, and if you don't know where to look you'd probably notice it after a couple of rides, though you won't be able to see the other train sitting on the track like on Road Runner or Lethal. When your on the ride you can see it on your left between the fake station and the stairwell.

Edited by joz

Ok, Gotcha, for some reason i though the track was down behind the fake station (in other words paralel to the fake station rather than the launch with the track merging in just before the flood. I guess you just dont notice the transfer because you are focusing on the launch or the projection of the flower across the wall (yes, it looks like a flower)

One thing is for sure, and that is Movie World is going to have to get creative with ride placement, as they're doing with Batwing.
Agreed, i think a little while back on ozcoaster i posted a list of potential areas for development, ah, here it is. I lettered each potential ride location...

post-88-1157027488_thumb.jpg

Coupled with existing ride/attraction replacements, of which we'll see a few more of in the next few years, I think what we're looking at is more or less the park's future.
I hope not, i cant really think of any attraction that need to go, except for Looney Tunes since thats been there since the start i think, I would hate to see it go. But another thing, if you look at the aerial photo in entirety (look up MW on RCDB) you can see there is a massive chunk of land in the NW corner of the park that is unused. This could be used for carpark, with the existing carpark reclaimed.

Though its unused in the photos, I think Paradise Country is now in that general area. One thing I don't think I fully realised is just how big the area between Lethal and Wild West is. With clever design you could fit a couple of big rides in there, and when you combine that with area 'C' and the Western Arena then there is really an abundance of space. I think we'll see a few more replacement attractions before any size able chunk of that land is used. Matrix would have to be due for replacement some time soon, Batman is (debatable) past its use by date, and River Ride, while being a very solid ride just takes up so much darn space. Personally though, I stand by my idea of putting a ride in Lethals preshow room. Maybe something Harry Potter related and re-theme the Chinatown themeing to look like Digon Ally? Or perhaps theme it to Happy Feet, since its going to be such a big movie and all :rolleyes:

It would be sad to see the Tune Ride go... Rather I would like to see the ride 'refreshed' and feature new suprises, new scenes, updated animatronics, removal of the preshows to incorporate a 'themed' queue and a bigger, more thrilling twist at the end. More than any other attraction in the Park, I reckon the Police Academy show needs to go, or again at least be strongly updated. Sure, it's one of the best (if not THE BEST) stunt show in the world but it's looking tired and today's audience is demanding more bang for their buck! There is now so much more to do at MW that so many ppl don't even bother with PA anymore. Been there. Done that. I'd like to see them re-think the old Maverick venue and come up with something decent (this time) that is both well written and amazingly visual. At this time, they could then go on to use the old PA show (and matrix) spaces to accommodate an all new Charlie and The Chocolate factory ride that, if done right, could be fantastic for the whole family as well as remain timelessly appealing for years to come.