Happy Halloween 2021

gavinfulikes

We exited the highway (coming from Brisbane) around 4:50pm & there was a lineup of cars in the left lane. We went down the right lane thinking there’s no way that those cars could be for dreamworld.. well turns out yep, definitely was! Wow huge crowds!

Was lucky enough to sneak in the 2nd lane entrance into Dreamworld, sorry bit cheeky I know but had no choice after going down the wrong lane… See below pictures for reference. 

Once arrived & parked, it was around 5pm. A 10-15minute lineup to get into the park & got into the park around 5:20pm. 

Headed to the scarecrow overlay for Vintage Cars first as we figured it has the slowest throughput. Walk on for us & thought the overlay was really fun with all the happy & interactive scarecrow actors. 

After a couple of rides we headed to the Mystery Mansion. The wait was about 20 minutes & was a really spookily fun walk through. The objective is to try & find 8 candle holders throughout. As a fully grown man.. I only found 5.. whoops! Either I’m blind or they were a bit hard to find. I think they’re a bit tricky for kids as we got to the end & I heard a young boy behind us saying he only saw 1. Curious to know how others got along with the task. 

Finally after a few more rides, we ended our night & was surprised to get out of the car park with little to no wait. 

Only really had one criticism & that is placing the basketball arcade game next to the talking pumpkins. All you can hear when you walk passed is the guy yelling out “player player, who wants to play!” & so on.. You really couldn’t hear anything the pumpkins were saying.

All up I think it was an excellent event. One thing I loved was almost everywhere you stood in the park, you could see a piece of theming. Great job Dreamworld! 

824C8A49-850E-4E2F-A5BD-AD5E74E82D9C.jpeg

A8CF2BC4-BB27-41BE-9BAE-FC30D802947E.jpeg

After spending the entire at day at Coomera Sports Centre (7.30am to 8.30pm doing admissions into a sport event), I must say the amount of complaints I got from 7:00pm to 8.00pm regarding the traffic to get to the sports centre was amazing.

Leaving the sports centre was easy enough, having driven past Dreamworld to get home.

Dreamworld DEFINITELY making money tonight. Cars flooded the ditches, parked the length of Whitewater Way (motorway side and Dreamworld side), carpark was full to the bone. Hell I say.

The Giant Drop looked snazzy as tho in its green spotlight...

Edited by Im Hungry

For anyone interested, the red line was the queue line at 6:20pm when we were finally able to get a carpark (after a 40min drive from Coomera Westfield 😡)

the arrow is where the queue started 

we didn’t even try to do any rides. 

we got into the park just after 7pm. we managed to the 4 trick or treat stations, the spider trail add-on, have a bite to eat, and do the mystery manor. It was then 9pm and time to go. 

we wanted to do the vintage car spooky ride but the line was almost the whole way back to the bilby house. 

Whilst it was nice having corroboree open, there was little to no lighting in walkways and especially the area from the woodshed to billabong was just chaos as the line for trick or treat snaked down it, stopping people wanting to just transverse that way to enter corroboree from getting through. 

I will give them big credit though in Mystery Manor. I was expecting something lame and throw together crowd filler - it’s was very wel presented, multiple themed rooms and areas, and was on par with many of the mazes MW put together (minus the scares). I wouldn’t mind them expending on the idea and even having a proper scary maze next year within the exhibition centre for those wanting to give it a go. 

38088384-ACE7-4AAD-9CD2-789545B949B4.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

For anyone interested, the red line was the queue line at 6:20pm when we were finally able to get a carpark (after a 40min drive from Coomera Westfield 😡)

the arrow is where the queue started 

Oh wow that grew much larger than I was expecting.  We entered the queue at the blue circle (5pm), the line moved rather quickly & was in within 10-15 minutes. They must have really hit a slow point & struggled afterwards. 

C7680D56-9F64-4134-8C86-BAF23B9226E0.jpeg

even though it was very busy and lines were long, i’m glad it was as busy as it was. it shows Dreamworld is gaining its reputation back finally which is a good sign with Steel Taipan opening soon.

The event was well planned and imo, one of the best night time events we have seen in a while, certainly a lot better then spooky nights however, i would love to see one or two “scary” mazes, this would let the event suit to an even larger audience and would top off the event.

• Love it! 1

It's quite disappointing to hear the negative feedback about the event, knowing the car park capacity and selling 8500 tickets is an extraordinary decision, not a good first impression for those who purchased a new annual pass. I hope they learn for the next set of events. For starters, they should let people in at 3:00pm and put a wristband on people like last year, and have a Trick or Treat redemption card station in the park.

Edited by Vidgamer
error
  • Like 1

Letting people in early would be a great idea and definitely help with the issue. While the park might be gaining its reputation back in some ways, making errors like this (which is the very first impression for the event) does not help their reputation and will turn people off from visiting the park during the day. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rivals said:

even though it was very busy and lines were long, i’m glad it was as busy as it was. it shows Dreamworld is gaining its reputation back finally which is a good sign with Steel Taipan opening soon.

The event was well planned and imo, one of the best night time events we have seen in a while, certainly a lot better then spooky nights however, i would love to see one or two “scary” mazes, this would let the event suit to an even larger audience and would top off the event.

Interested to hear what makes it better than Spooky Nights. I thought the two events would be similar?

4 hours ago, GoGoBoy said:

Interested to hear what makes it better than Spooky Nights. I thought the two events would be similar?

spooky nights is still a solid family event however i just feel like happy halloween was executed better. There was just a lot more to do then at spooky nights and the overall atmosphere imo felt better. 

FWIW…

if you took the Mystery Manor away from Happy Halloween & the monster mayhem laser show away from spooky nights - the events are largely identical. 

both of those unique selling points are great and “make” the evening.

based on 2021 only, I give the win to Spooky Nights simply because they managed capacity far greater and entry was seamless

When we joined the entry line, it kept moving. Just a slow paced walk until we reached the ticket booths, scanned our barcodes and were in. 

I just think they struggled with the amount of people they had to how many entry points there is. Is it possible to add extra ticket booths/entry points into the park?

Wait. Were they using the four main entry, and all of the external ticket booths? Hmm. Maybe they can get people going in through the doors beside the Lego store entry as well (like what they did with annual pass holders, unless they're doing that already).

If they are using ALL the external ticket booth/gates, ALL four main entry doors and the double doors beside the Lego store exit, then with that many points of entry available to them - that be slow asf.

Edited by Im Hungry

8 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

As in they weren’t using all of them on Saturday or are you meaning entry through WWW’s gates? 

By all the gates he means the annual pass and guest service entries in the middle and then all the ticket booths either side of these entries. I can’t remember exactly but I believe there is around 20 entry booths into Dreamworld.

• Like 1